• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Reminder that Amphibia's and Gravity Fall's creators are just as nerdy as we are.
I can’t comprehend that. I literally can’t understand how making fun of something shows you are appreciative and excited for it.
People like Smash.
People like Nick.
People like dumb jokes.

And sometimes, people like putting those things together.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
All because of good netcode. Kudos to the dev team actively giving a **** about even the smallest things even if the game looks low budget
I say it looks economical. They know they have a small budget but they’re gonna ring as much out of that budget as they can (look how many characters were in NKR2 and how they have the exact same models, for example).

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Reminder that Amphibia's and Gravity Fall's creators are just as nerdy as we are.

People like Smash.
People like Nick.
People like dumb jokes.

A Disney smash clone would have the film characters be the main roster
Some of their cartoons be assists
and Dave the Barbarian would be forgotten.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Apparently some platforms aren't strong enough to implement rollback.
Almost like...implementing rollback, while still an ideal we should be pushing for, actually is a really difficult thing for developers to do and isn't practical in every situation.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
A decade of debate, conspiracy theories and campaigning before Smash decided to shrink Ridley a little to make him playable, and then Nick really just takes their version of GODZILLA and goes “meh, make him tiny” :laugh:
They did it in the kart racer already.

Seriously. All that matters is that your game is cool. It doesn’t matter if it’s a little odd or inconsistent. Especially when it’s a crossover fighting game.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
They did it in the kart racer already.

Seriously. All that matters is that your game is cool. It doesn’t matter if it’s a little odd or inconsistent. Especially when it’s a crossover fighting game.
Oh I agree. I’m just saying that, in hindsight, the Ridley thing probably shouldn’t have been nearly the debate it was (at least not based on size alone). Fighting games usually have to make all sorts of power-scaling exceptions anyways.

If I pick this up I’ll be playing a lot of Reptar for sure.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I nap for a few hours, and y'all all come after me in happiness...oh god
If they don't bring back Tim Curry and have him shout "Smashing!", what's the point?

Glad that Zim's in there (GIR seems to be part of his moveset? It's a little unclear); hopefully Avatar characters are announced at some point, but I don't know how bare-bones these games can be (I think someone mentioned that their version of Mario Kart doesn't even have voice acting?), so for all I know, that could be the entire roster.

EDIT: apparently, an Airbender temple was shown at some point, and from what I've read, it's by the same developers that made Slap City.
if we do get voice acting, then them 87 Turtles VAs finna have to jump in
Nigel Thornberry eh? That's definitely interesting.

Come on gimme Norbert & Daggett dammit!
maybe you'll get them
Helga, Oblina and Nigel already makes this a perfect roster, everyone else are bonuses.
Nigel v Squidward is needed
Ludosity? The same people who made Slap City? A game I personally really enjoy? Oh yeah I'm totally buying this! (Only if they have Po and Korra in it tho)
might be hard since DreamWorks isn't connected with ViacomCBS anymore
They had to have added Nigel in there, or else the game wouldn't have been as smashing as their competition
valid point
If Aang and other Avatar characters ain't there we riot.
Aang and Korra are a given, but...we need Sokka and Suki or Asami
This **** even has Rollback

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I am unironically hyped for this.
GOTY
Watch Spongebob and TMNT be the Mario, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem of this game in terms of reps.
might as well throw in Avatar for being the 3rd big franchise of Nick now
NO XJ9 NO BUY
View attachment 322534
Also this is here, I see Korra, Ren and Stimpy and Catdog. Maybe Aang too under Korra
CatDog finna choke people out
This is a cool reference.
Patrick op now
Imma just be a Nigel Thornberry main, he's the best character this company ever made.
Hadokey only into the best of the best
Ngl, I was hoping for the Rise versions of the Turtles, but this still looks fun
you and I both know Nick doesn't give a single **** about them at this point...gotta blame the hate it had for the longest time
Okay seriously though, i hope Jimmy is in.
Jimbo and Timothy have been missing out on these crossovers for far too long

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh I agree. I’m just saying that, in hindsight, the Ridley thing probably shouldn’t have been nearly the debate it was (at least not based on size alone). Fighting games usually have to make all sorts of power-scaling exceptions anyways.

If I pick this up I’ll be playing a lot of Reptar for sure.
Yeah. One slightly careless line from Sakurai set off a depth charge in the community lol.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Guess Nick showcasing that artwork based off of Smash Ultimate's box art was a sign that Nick was ready to throw their hat into the ring of Smash Bros style game.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
now it's official

weird how they went with the 87 Turtles and not the 2012 counterparts...but it is funny how Nick seemingly refuses to use the Rise or 2003 versions
This actually looks kinda fun; hoping for Carl Wheezer lol

D

Deleted member

Guys. What if....

Legends of the Hidden Temple stage.

With a remix of this.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965

People like Smash.
People like Nick.
People like dumb jokes.

Real Talk, I'd per-order a Disney Fighter is Grenda was fully playable.

S1e16_grenda_happy.png

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
They easily could've phoned this in, but the game looks extremely promising and has very competent developers behind it. The roster choices thus far seems promising too.

Not really a nick fanatic but I appreciate this ain't looking to be some licensed game shovelware, and instead is something people can look forward to.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
this is literally Deadpool's first MCU appearance/crossover...and Korg is the first man he ever talks to...Marvel owns 2021

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
this is literally Deadpool's first MCU appearance/crossover...and Korg is the first man he ever talks to...Marvel owns 2021
I'm so totally expecting the opening of Deadpool 3 being Deadpool suddenly waking up in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Dukefire

Smash Master
After Endgame, I thought Marvel would be slowing down with the ideas on the comic characters entering the MCU. With this and more movies and TV shows coming soon, looks like the answer is not yet.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm so totally expecting the opening of Deadpool 3 being Deadpool suddenly waking up in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
this clip aside, that would be the best way for Wade to be hired by Marvel to join the MCU full time. Just occurs and they don't bother making making big deal out of it cause...Deadpool
After Endgame, I thought Marvel would be slowing down with the ideas on the comic characters entering the MCU. With this and more movies and TV shows coming soon, looks like the answer is not yet.
the moment Spider-Man: Far From Home occured, that should've been realized. Marvel gots an army load of characters to throw into the tank, especially after getting back the X-Men and Fantastic Four, so now they're stuck living on for possibly decades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom