• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I’m betting Animal Crossing Takes Game of The Year.

-Game Breaking sales that continue to dominate every other game on that list

-Massively popular franchise and genre.

-Appeals to everyone

-Hours of content built in with lots of freedom of expression.

-Solid free add one that truly enhance the experience.

-Greatly innovates the franchise it’s from and arguably the genre.

-Beloved by Many with thousands of people pouring thousands of hours into it.

-Gave people the lives they didn’t have this year

-Bought everyone together.

Feels pretty likely that it could take it as no game can define this year better then NH imo.
If that happens, how well do you think TLOU fans will take it? I'm only mildly scared about the prospect.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So Age of Calamity spoilers are out and I'm kind of bummed out about it.
Apparently the game has a sad "ending" early on, but then BB-Egg goes back in time again and creates another new timeline with a happy ending.

I kind of expected the creators to chicken out and give us a happy ending even before we knew Time Travel was going to get involved, but I'm really disappointed. But what upsets me the most is that I feel like it really undermines the tragic undertones of BotW if you go "Never mind all that! Here's an alternate timeline where everyone lives!"

It's okay for a story to have a sad ending. Just leave a glimmer of hope so it's not all too bleak. A final stage where Zelda goes to seal away the Calamity on her own would have been a perfect way to end things but alas everyone must live.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If that happens, how well do you think TLOU fans will take it? I'm only mildly scared about the prospect.
No idea, I never was really interested by that franchise and their fanbase seems kinda of toxic. At the end of the day it really doesn’t matter what they think when they aren’t the ones deciding the result.

D

Deleted member

I haven't played TLOU II, but the whole discourse and how harsh the workers were treated really distanced me from the game.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Lets be honest; The Last Of Us (Part 1) is overrated (great story, mediocre gameplay).

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Lets be honest; The Last Of Us (Part 1) is overrated (great story, mediocre gameplay).
Ironically, I've heard that the second game goes in the complete opposite direction; solid gameplay, but a story that... y'know, I think I'll keep mum on that bit.
That said, I've never played the franchise myself, so I doubt I'm legally allowed here.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
It’s been four years since my second favorite Pokémon games, Sun & Moon came out.

Four years

View attachment 292128

I hate time, y’all.
Man, I was in my last year of high school at that point! One of my favorite memories with Sun was letting some girl in my Creative Writing class pet one of my Pikachu in Pokémon Refresh after I noticed she was distressed. I dunno how much it helped, but it was still a tender little moment regardless.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wouldn't call that overrated, considering how most fans are pretty aware and honest about gameplay's shortcomings. If anything, it says a lot about the storytelling of the game, seeing how it basically carries most of the experience.

Personally, I think good writing can make up for subpar (and occasionally, bad) gameplay, even though it's not a popular opinion by any means lol.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Man, I was in my last year of high school at that point! One of my favorite memories with Sun was letting some girl in my Creative Writing class pet one of my Pikachu in Pokémon Refresh after I noticed she was distressed. I dunno how much it helped, but it was still a tender little moment regardless.
Bruh that’s wholesome as ****

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Apparently the game has a sad "ending" early on, but then BB-Egg goes back in time again and creates another new timeline with a happy ending.

I kind of expected the creators to chicken out and give us a happy ending even before we knew Time Travel was going to get involved, but I'm really disappointed. But what upsets me the most is that I feel like it really undermines the tragic undertones of BotW if you go "Never mind all that! Here's an alternate timeline where everyone lives!"

It's okay for a story to have a sad ending. Just leave a glimmer of hope so it's not all too bleak. A final stage where Zelda goes to seal away the Calamity on her own would have been a perfect way to end things but alas everyone must live.
welp there goes like half of my hype for this game

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Here goes another 10 years of Zelda timeline crafting.

Also, did the legit, actually split the timeline? The one game where all three timelines converhed into? That's... odd.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You're telling me Xenoblade nor Origami King got nominated for best soundtrack, but TLOU2 did.

Ok.
Its obvious these folks are too blinded by the amazing cinematic graphics to not notice the awful story that bad fanfiction in the form of a game sequel had and the fact it has TLoU in its title.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You're telling me Xenoblade and Origami King didn't get nominated for best soundtrack, but TLOU2 did.

Ok.
Man, it is annoying how there is always this bias in The Game Awards.

For 2018, it was Red Dead Redemption 2.
For 2019, it was Death Stranding.
For 2020, its TLOU 2 for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I haven't beat a game that released this year (I've only even done one from the past few years).

Mario Galaxy is probably my GoTY

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I love how dynamic the Belcher family is. Favorite character atm is either Bob, Tina, or Louise. It's a tight race.
I like how they circumvent the “goofy husband, attractive wife” cliche that’s so prevalent in cartoons by making both Bob and Linda equally goofy.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I like how they circumvent the “goofy husband, attractive wife” cliche that’s so prevalent in cartoons by making both Bob and Linda equally goofy.
Bob and Linda are made for each other.

I also didn't like Linda at first, but she's growing on me.

Which leaves Gene... still not sure how to feel about him.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm aware about the news about Capcom being hacked by ransomware which really sucks, but it seems like there is another game being leaked:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Highly predict they will unveil Street Fighter VI at the end of next year.
I hope that they learned their lesson with SFV and don't release it with several key features missing and a bare bones character roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom