• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I think Animal Crossing has a good chance, along with Shadows Die Twice.
Even though I really don't like where The Last of Us part 2 went story-wise, a lot of people did so it also has a very good shot at being GOTY.
I wish that Crash 4 has some small fraction of a chance, but considering how badly some critics thought of it I'm not holding my breath.
Coooommmmeeee on Maneater!
Yes.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Here's a link to the stream btw
As for my final GOTY nominee predictions:
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Last of Us Part 2
  • Hades
  • Ghost of Tsushima
  • Animal Crossing New Horizons
  • Half-Life Alyx
As for who's gonna win, I'm feeling Alyx tbqh. It being a critically acclaimed Vr release along with being the first Half-Life release in years feels like enough to give it the edge overall.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You're 10 years too early to claim to surpass me when it comes to swearing constantly

Lmaoooo imagine staying up to catch some trailers on a Friday at 3AM couldn't be me
3am? Nah it’s never that late. It usually finishes at like 12 here. Or at least it did last year. Don’t honestly remember Joker’s year that well.

Still I had only known about who Joker was from Alpharad. And I wasn’t expecting a smash trailer when that happened so I was pretty hyped.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Mamboo07 Mamboo07 I read on your AMA you watched The Amazing Bulk. I'm so sorry you or anyone who has ever seen it had to go through that torture...
I liked it, was so weird and very strange.
(I love how the military hired Robin Hood, freaking Zeus himself, the Red Baron, Blackbeard's pirate ship, the Nautilus from 2000 Leagues, a flying super pug, a tank, a helicopter, a fighter jet and literally everything as well Luigi riding on a falling nuke just to kill the Bulk.)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I liked it, was so weird and very strange.
(I love how the military hired Robin Hood, freaking Zeus himself, the Red Baron, Blackbeard's pirate ship, the Nautilus from 2000 Leagues, a flying super pug, a tank, a helicopter, a fighter jet and literally everything as well Luigi riding on a falling nuke just to kill the Bulk.)
Never thought there'd actually be anyone who enjoyed that film. In that case, glad you found enjoyment out of it.

Guess when I think about it, the film could basically just be a fun acid trip in a so bad, its good way.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

HAHAHAHA

God damn programming makes me feel like the dumbest ****** of all time.

3-4 hours to do like one question.

At least when you get your program working, it is satisfying as ****!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
3am? Nah it’s never that late. It usually finishes at like 12 here. Or at least it did last year. Don’t honestly remember Joker’s year that well.

Still I had only known about who Joker was from Alpharad. And I wasn’t expecting a smash trailer when that happened so I was pretty hyped.
It'a always at 3am around here in Europe. I remember playing Smash because digital copies were playable and checking twitter in between Classic runs and giving a flat "what" when I saw Joker

Reactions: Z25

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
As for my final GOTY nominee predictions:
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Last of Us Part 2
  • Hades
  • Ghost of Tsushima
  • Animal Crossing New Horizons
  • Half-Life Alyx
As for who's gonna win, I'm feeling Alyx tbqh. It being a critically acclaimed Vr release along with being the first Half-Life release in years feels like enough to give it the edge overall.
Aight, I was 5 for 6

Man, I legitimately thought Alyx was taking it home, but I guess not.

Good nominees for the most part though

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
After a recent discussion regarding the film Super 8 (2011) on SpaceBattles. I'm bound to give it a look at some point.

Adding to Amazon wishlist.

D

Deleted member

Looks cool.

RaizerMC is a goat at modding, he's done some insane **** for Wii games, including but not limited to:
-porting a minecraft world into Wii Sports
-running Mario in Mario Kart wii
-porting minecraft into Mario Wii

and a whole bunch of other crap that would take hours to list

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

GOTY nominations are okay. Honestly, hoping anything but TLOU II wins.

Animal Crossing winning would be quite epic, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Personal GotY is probably Animal Crossing. Haven't been playing it much the past 3 months but I'm gonna definitely be picking it up more again with the winter update coming out.

Runner up for me is probably Destiny 2's latest expansion. Beyond Light has been soooooo good so far, even though some of the backend changes were...Bad, the contents of the expansion itself are wonderful.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not bad.

I'd certainly buy it for sure, it'd certainly be a licensing nightmare though.

Headless Horseman would definitely be my main.
Would definitely play this! If I had to add two more characters for your game, I would add in Red from the Godzilla NES Creepypasta and the Monster you play as from Carrion.
This is a fantastic list. I would add Shorty from Killer Klowns from Outer Space if you were still taking suggestions.
Three suggestions:
The Creeper (Jeeper's Creepers)
Bioraptor (Pitch Black)
Gremlin (The Gremlins)
Alright, how about this for chapters 5 and 6
Chapter 5
  • Pale Man (Pan's Labyrinth)
  • Dr. Caligari (The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari)
  • The Creeper (Jeepers Creepers)
  • Red (Godzilla Creepypasta, this is gonna be one weird licence)
  • Jumbo, Rudy, and Shorty (Killer Klowns from Outer Space)
  • Betelgeuse (Beetlejuice)
Chapter 6
  • Bioraptor (Pitch Black)
  • Stripe (Gremlins) (Note: The Mutant gremlins from Gremlins 2 also appear in the moveset)
  • The Babadook
  • Dr. Hannibal Lecter (The Silence of the Lambs)
  • Brundlefly (The Fly)
  • Carrion

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I gave Marvel and Persona 5 Royal all of my votes...then absolutely guessed the **** outta the other categories that didn't have them in it

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Gonna be interesting to see the results of the VGAs this year. Regardless of who wins, I get the feeling that TLOU2 fans will hate fans of the winning game if they don't win. I'm talking, like, straight-up failed attempts at cyberbullying.

But by the looks of it, they hate everyone equally by default, so I guess I can't necessarily expect much...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m betting Animal Crossing Takes Game of The Year.

-Game Breaking sales that continue to dominate every other game on that list

-Massively popular franchise and genre.

-Appeals to everyone

-Hours of content built in with lots of freedom of expression.

-Solid free add one that truly enhance the experience.

-Greatly innovates the franchise it’s from and arguably the genre.

-Beloved by Many with thousands of people pouring thousands of hours into it.

-Gave people the lives they didn’t have this year

-Bought everyone together.

Feels pretty likely that it could take it as no game can define this year better then NH imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom