• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The thing with Twitter is that it was always a place to share thoughts first and foremost. Of course, not all thoughts are agreeable, but if someone wanted to, they can put their honest opinions out there.

As it got more popular however, that caused issues as you'll always have a certain group of people who believe that they're objectively correct no matter what and will always get into pointless slapfights over meaningless things. It doesn't help that with big accounts with large followings exist, misinformation, blatantly incorrect statements, and sometimes just bigoted takes can get a lot of traction before someone corrects them (which usually never ends well)

However, these issues aren't exclusive to Twitter. Any big social media has these same issues, Twitter is just the most digestible.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
:/ Yeah, I had that feeling when I read the article that it wasn't going to be pleasing, specially since you were really hoping for a remake of AC1. I mean, maybe it still could happen? But if they're going to focus that much as it sounds like they're going to with Infinity...I have my doubts. I do really hope you get to still enjoy the older titles...I mean, Rogue is the only reason why I still show interest in the franchise, though yeah, I also got plenty other titles to try out, even though the control scheme prior to Black Flag drives me crazy.

Also, I was listening to this yesterday when I found out:
Yeah it’s sad but I think this isn’t supposed to come out and take place of the other AC games until 2023 or 2024 so hopefully, maybe, next year; on Assassin’s Creed 15th Anniversary they’ll have the AC Remake. I hope so.

Though, looking at how they’re approaching Infinity I wouldn’t be surprised if they just shove the Altaïr 3rd Crusade stuff in there as a couple missions or something. THAT would suck.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Excuse me, sir, this is the internet: You are only allowed to like things ironically and make cynical jabs at them constantly.

Fun is cringe. :135:
If I was the type of guy to put quotes in my sig, this would be one of them.

Shroob

Sup?
Hey kids

Wanna be a professional TF2 YouTuber?

It's easy! You just need to follow these 3 steps.

Step 1: Record your game footage and selectively pick clips where you did well
Step 2: Insert any GBA/GCN-era game's OST as the background music, TTYD, Gen 3 Pokemon, and Pikmin are ideal choices
Step 3: Sell your soul to Gaben and buy an Unusual to give yourself a "Mascot loadout". Don't forget to commission art of it!

Congratulations! You're on your way to a successful TF2 YouTuber career!

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Hey kids

Wanna be a professional TF2 YouTuber?

It's easy! You just need to follow these 3 steps.

Step 1: Record your game footage and selectively pick clips where you did well
Step 2: Insert any GBA/GCN-era game's OST as the background music, TTYD, Gen 3 Pokemon, and Pikmin are ideal choices
Step 3: Sell your soul to Gaben and buy an Unusual to give yourself a "Mascot loadout". Don't forget to commission art of it!

Congratulations! You're on your way to a successful TF2 YouTuber career!
Destiny community ain’t too different from this, actually.

Add in “Despise the game you’re playing” and change the music to generic “gamer music” and it’s pretty darn close.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sonictubers as well.
Sonictubers are like "there are perfect Sonic games and there are garbage Sonic games, no in-between."

Nintendotubers are usually a little more tolerant about the existence of mediocre/decent/average games. Unless they review Pokemon or Paper Mario.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I did a doodle of the Master Sword today to warm myself up after not drawing for awhile
Mastersworddoodle.png

I really need to get a stylus for this chromebook....

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also one more week until Space Jam: A New Legacy. I wonder whose gonna see that.

I'm only seeing it out of curiosity myself, nothing more.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So for anyone who has seen the film. How did you guys enjoy Black Widow? Was it as you expected?

I already gave my full thoughts earlier, but to summarize, dumb climax, dumb villain, but otherwise decent for a self contained action flick.

Taskmaster aside, the new characters were fun and I look forward to potentially seeing more of em. Yelena Belova in particular I think is gonna go down as a breakout character here.

I will say though, the post credits scene probably gave my theater the biggest reaction compared to the rest of the movie, which goes to show you how unimpactful the film is for the rest of the MCU. This ain't some big event film like say Endgame, this is just a mini side story giving us a bit of a sendoff to Natasha Romanoff, and I think it does fine in that regard.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I already gave my full thoughts earlier, but to summarize, dumb climax, dumb villain, but otherwise decent for a self contained action flick.

Taskmaster aside, the new characters were fun and I look forward to potentially seeing more of em. Yelena Belova in particular I think is gonna go down as a breakout character here.

I will say though, the post credits scene probably gave my theater the biggest reaction compared to the rest of the movie, which goes to show you how unimpactful the film is for the rest of the MCU.
You know, I think this might not be a bad thing.

MCU movies went a little too overboard with referencing each other lately, imo. That's not a bad thing, necessarily but sometimes can take away from the individual movies and immersion. A more individual one would be a nice change of pace for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom