• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Clementine made her comic book debut today, and it's a teaser for her 3 part graphic novel that's set after the end of the Telltale series...and my god am I sad for a countless of mixed emotional reasons
Clem decides to leave the school they've been living in WITHOUT AJ due to both being unhappy and for the amount of times she's almost lost him throughout all of her adventures. AJ is older and can read, Clem's wooden leg is going to become improved I suppose, and I'm mentally broken down seeing the GOAT Walking Dead character make her return regardless
JUNE OF 2022 PLEASE HURRY UP CAUSE I MISS THIS WOMAN AND THE REST OF THE MAIN SIDE OF THE WALKING DEAD FRANCHISE SO ****ING MUCH

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm watching Ben 10 Omniverse for the first time and one of the episodes must have aired in the wrong order because Ben has access to "Feedback" which the show seems to have been building up to like something happened to it

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Pac Man World 2 is amazing and it breaks my heart no one appreciates how cool the series is.

At least Nitro Rad made videos on 'em.
I know dude.

But of a weird tangent but one of my dreams is to officially create a new Pac-Man animated series that takes after the not only the games in the series but also the classic arcade side of Namco as a whole (similar to the Ducktales reboot basically creating a shared Disney Afternoon universe), and I hope I can do justice to the elements of the World series that I incorporate into it

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
TBH "hatedoms" aren't just exclusive to certain franchises, it's a growing problem in all forms of media that seems to be getting worse with every passing year. Gaming hatedoms are usually just some of the loudest because of how unbelievably huge the industry is now.

Best thing you can do if you wanna have discourse is find smaller communities via places like old-school forums like this one or Discord servers. Social media at large is an awful place to try and have any meaningful dialogue about literally anything: It's all become one giant screaming match. :drshrug:
Honestly, I just try to tune those hateful folks out. When people become so obsessed with just bashing a game and it's fans to the point that it becomes it's own community, it gets a bit ridiculous. I'm just gonna enjoy my funny monster catching game in peace. :drshrug:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Cuz you can’t defend Pokémon games these days.

And to be fair sometimes he gets a little uppity, but at the end of the day Pokémon discourse has become unbearable.

Which is why I try not to deal with it :drshrug:
The man built his entire career on this, he's going to get uppity when he sees a threat to his pikachu.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Starting in on Metroid Zero Mission. Having fun, but I already have an issue. I don’t know if you get an upgrade for this later, but I hate how you can’t jump in the morph ball and how you have to very deliberately tap up to get out of it. The Bomb Jump helps, but not that much.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
TBH "hatedoms" aren't just exclusive to certain franchises, it's a growing problem in all forms of media that seems to be getting worse with every passing year. Gaming hatedoms are usually just some of the loudest because of how unbelievably huge the industry is now.

Best thing you can do if you wanna have discourse is find smaller communities via places like old-school forums like this one or Discord servers. Social media at large is an awful place to try and have any meaningful dialogue about literally anything: It's all become one giant screaming match. :drshrug:
One could argue that the entire reason hatedoms like this are becoming more and more common is entirely at the fault of the people making this stuff rather than the fans themselves.

I mean yeah if you go on twitter and look up the people who work on these properties (dont) they will try to paint a picture that it's always the fans fault and they have no blame for it at all. But for the most part modern media just isnt as good as the stuff of old.

That's also the entire reason it feels like there are more and more reboots of things coming out, because the higher ups at these companies know full well that old IP's sell more than whatever new thing they try to release, but they dont understand WHY that thing was popu;ar to begin with.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Tiny Kong’s back! So listen up dudes! She can shrink in size, to suit her mood.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm still mad I didn't buy a second 3DS when they were still in stores. Now to buy one it would be used, and for a little more than i'd like.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Ok, I am just going to pop in for this...uh, NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna

So, what are your thoughts about this whole thing of "AC: Infinity" (I actually just found out when scrolling down on facebook and Ubisoft Latin America put the update on it...and I was like...what is this?)?

o-o I don't really know what to say other then, well, for me the franchise ended in 2015. So, I am not surprised. Maybe I am not seeing things clearly enough but just reading "Live service" gives me bad vibes considering other cases I have seen...

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
It's 7:30, I'm not feeling too well but I but I need to catch this train in two hours.

Ok, I am just going to pop in for this...uh, NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna

So, what are your thoughts about this whole thing of "AC: Infinity" (I actually just found out when scrolling down on facebook and Ubisoft Latin America put the update on it...and I was like...what is this?)?

o-o I don't really know what to say other then, well, for me the franchise ended in 2015. So, I am not surprised. Maybe I am not seeing things clearly enough but just reading "Live service" gives me bad vibes considering other cases I have seen...
Yeah this is a mixed idea. Unlike you the franchise hasn't died yet but it needs really overhauled.

I was hoping it'd be something like Hitman 2016 where each level is part of an episode but replace that with a small AC Syndicate sized London map and each one released every six months or so as part of a bigger storyline then that would be great.

But it's Ubisoft so there's a high risk of it being ****.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It's nice we have pattern recognition because you can always fall back on stick figures.
Me: yeah i can draw
Me, after trying to draw hands:
Yo, this art **** is tough. What was I thinking getting into it?
The trade off for the ability of limitless expression is years of mind numbing practice.
Alright, I've been thinking. When you draw and life end up giving you sticks, don't make sticks figures! Make life, take the Sticks BACK! GET MAD! I don't want your damn sticks; what am I supposed to do with these??? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give YOU STICKS! Do they know who we are? We're the artist who's gonna BURN a HOUSE down... WITH THE STICKS! I'm gonna get my gator guy, to get 10'000'000 HIGH QUALITY STICKS to BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN-

cough

cough....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom