• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Legit the only reason they probably won't do themes is probably due to system limitations.

All of the system's resources are going to making sure games (in some cases, barely) work, so there just isn't enough for fancy menu effects.

D

Deleted member

I have finished another session of Omori.

Here's a quick rundown of what happened:
- I gently opened the door...... Surprising, it wasn’t a jumpscare, but KEL.
  • We went to HOBBEEZ and bought a COOKBOOK for HERO.
  • I fought a poster...... I’m not giving any context lol.
  • I went to the other stores and did part-time jobs.
  • I sorted tools on shelves.
  • I swatted flies at a supermarket.
  • I delivered pizza to houses.
  • I found some ads for part-time tuitions and totally did not use a guide to pass them.
  • And I did some other side-quests here and there.
  • Went to the park and found BASIL. Welp, main quest over, we found him. Roll credits. /s
  • He was being bullied by AUBREY and her friends. Why has she become Susie Deltarune?
  • She pulled out a bat and started fighting us, so I stabbed her in self-defense.
  • She and her friends ran away and KEL took away my knife, saying it’s dangerous to carry that around. Um.... But she pulled out a bat? With NAILS? Is my self-defense not justified?
  • Anyways.... We then walked BASIL home where he tells us that AUBREY took his PHOTO ALBUM and now we have to retrieve it.

And that’s all I did this session. Honestly, I’m liking this game a lot and I’m interested to see where this is going.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Why does every Joe Merrick Twitter thread end in a dumpster fire?

Poor guy was just showing improvements on the new remakes and people dogpiled on him.
Cuz you can’t defend Pokémon games these days.

And to be fair sometimes he gets a little uppity, but at the end of the day Pokémon discourse has become unbearable.

Which is why I try not to deal with it :drshrug:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Why does every Joe Merrick Twitter thread end in a dumpster fire?

Poor guy was just showing improvements on the new remakes and people dogpiled on him.
Joe Merrick loves Pokemon and he loves Pokemon SwSh. Therefore he's a Pokemon shill even though he's the only one who calls out Niantic for their grimy bull**** with Go and is willing to criticize the franchise he shills so much for.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

MooMew64

Cuz you can’t defend Pokémon games these days.

And to be fair sometimes he gets a little uppity, but at the end of the day Pokémon discourse has become unbearable.

Which is why I try not to deal with it :drshrug:
Yeah I bailed awhile ago too. Sometimes I poke my head back in to see if they've matured any, and nooooope, it somehow always gets worse.

You literally can't talk about certain Nintendo franchises on the internet anymore without certain crowds freaking out.

And yeah, he can get sarcastic, but man even then...Pokémon fans on the internet just have a nonexistent fuse, man. So quick to anger and outrage these days.

Joe Merrick loves Pokemon and he loves Pokemon SwSh. Therefore he's a Pokemon shill even though he's the only one who calls out Niantic for their grimy bull**** with Go and is willing to criticize the franchise he shills so much for.
He's given plenty of criticism to the games, difference is he respects the developers as human beings while he does it and doesn't demand the entire company be burned down to the ground because they won't make his forum wish-list post dream game.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Yeah I bailed awhile ago too. Sometimes I poke my head back in to see if they've matured any, and nooooope, it somehow always gets worse.

You literally can't talk about certain Nintendo franchises on the internet anymore without certain crowds freaking out.

And yeah, he can get sarcastic, but man even then...Pokémon fans on the internet just have a nonexistent fuse, man. So quick to anger and outrage these days.
DistantKingdom community will hate literally anything. I check back once in a while to see if it's improved but nope, it's still just uneeded hate. It's tiring looking through comments there.

MooMew64

TBH "hatedoms" aren't just exclusive to certain franchises, it's a growing problem in all forms of media that seems to be getting worse with every passing year. Gaming hatedoms are usually just some of the loudest because of how unbelievably huge the industry is now.

Best thing you can do if you wanna have discourse is find smaller communities via places like old-school forums like this one or Discord servers. Social media at large is an awful place to try and have any meaningful dialogue about literally anything: It's all become one giant screaming match. :drshrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom