• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
But really though, its nice to see Disney tackling more cultures from around the world.

Hope one day they perhaps try to do Australian Aboriginal but to do that be as respectful and accurate to their culture and beliefs as possible.

Last edited:

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I'm having trouble in New Pokemon Sap, in the Voluca desert at night, I'm supposed to snap a Crystabloom lit up, but I have no idea how to get it to light up. 'Am I supposed to lure a Pokemon, or how many requests do I need to complete? Yeah, I'm new at this and it shows.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I'm having trouble in New Pokemon Sap, in the Voluca desert at night, I'm supposed to snap a Crystabloom lit up, but I have no idea how to get it to light up. 'Am I supposed to lure a Pokemon, or how many requests do I need to complete? Yeah, I'm new at this and it shows.
Don't you yeet the light ball item at it?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
@Shroob Will Will @Wyvy - Phoenix Mode Drytrons and Ursarctic got some gimmicky cross-archetype support 👀
View attachment 322022
BODE-JP040 Tenkyoku Kikan – Beartron / Ursatron, the Celestial Polar Illuminaship
WATER Machine / Fusion / Effect
LV7 2000/700
(This card is always treated as an “Ursarctic” and “Drytron” card.)
Must be Special Summoned with “Ursarctic Drytron”.
(1) Once per turn, if another Effect Monster(s) is Special Summoned to your field: You can add 1 “Ursarctic” or “Drytron” monster from your Deck to your hand.
(2) Once per turn: You can target 1 of your banished “Ursarctic” or “Drytron” monsters; add it to your hand.

BODE-JP066 Bearcti Drytron / Ursarctic Drytron
Normal Spell
You can only use this card name’s 2nd effect once per turn.
(1) Banish 1 “Ursarctic Big Dipper”(this is the Ursarctic field spell) and 1 “Drytron Fafnir”(Drytron field spell) from your hand and/or field, and if you do, Special Summon 1 “Ursatron, the Celestial Polar Illuminaship” from your Extra Deck. If you control “Ursarctic Polari”(their level 1 synchro) or “Drytron Alpha Thuban”(their level 1 main deck monster), you can banish 1 of the above cards from your Deck instead.
(2) If you would Tribute a monster(s) to activate an “Ursarctic” or “Drytron” monster’s effect, you can banish this card from your GY instead.

Emphasis is heavily on the "gimmicky" part. These are some neat effects and the fusion isn't going to be super hard to summon, but at the end of the day, all you get is a combo extender that has low stats and no protection. The art is kickass though.
Oh damn new lore?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Alright. It’s happened. I’m playing Metroid Zero Mission and I’m stuck.
Which part are you stuck in? (I was stuck in the part where you needed to get the Power Grip, and there were a few other places where I needed to look up what to do, but it would help if you gave a description)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Don't you yeet the light ball item at it?
You have to do that to get the light ball for that region.
One of the flowers on the map should already be lit up. I can't remember where it is (I think it's right before the steep drop on level 2 of the development), but look around at the Crystalbloom plants to see if any of them are glowing. You don't need to complete requests to get any of the Crystalbloom flowers, as far as I know.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Which part are you stuck in? (I was stuck in the part where you needed to get the Power Grip, and there were a few other places where I needed to look up what to do, but it would help if you gave a description)
Sorry. I didn’t want to say what until I got a person so I didn’t have to type everything in case nobody cared.

So I managed to unstick myself by looking up a map and finding that one area that I thought was clear actually had a destructible block I had missed and I was able to progress and activate the zip lines, allowing me to continue on in Kraid’s Lair. Though there are three types of obstacles I assume I just don’t have the right weapon for yet (the block with a missile logo on it, the block with a FFVII Blade Beam on it, and this weird big block with a weird symbol on it that none of my weapons damage) I’m trying not to reference the map THAT much. Because I’m told the fun is in figuring things out and puzzling. But like… idk.

I keep thinking of all of these changes to make two the gameplay saying “the game would be WAY more fun if they focused in on this part” before I stop myself realizing I’m just creating Mega Man in my head lol.

It’s fun. Don’t get me wrong. I USF wish I actually got to fight the enemies more then I am. I just have to get used to the lesser focus on running and gunning.

Also. Just finding upgrades is lame. IMO, EVERY weapon upgrade should require a boss fight first in order to obtain it. That’s way more satisfying then just finding it laying around.
I found something that may help
Ew

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Here is the first trailer for Disney's upcoming animated film, Encanto which comes out later this year:

EDIT: Also here is the first poster of the film:

After seeing In the Heights, I’m definitely most excited about the Lin-Manuel Miranda songs

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Sorry. I didn’t want to say what until I got a person so I didn’t have to type everything in case nobody cared.

So I managed to unstick myself by looking up a map and finding that one area that I thought was clear actually had a destructible block I had missed and I was able to progress and activate the zip lines, allowing me to continue on in Kraid’s Lair. Though there are three types of obstacles I assume I just don’t have the right weapon for yet (the block with a missile logo on it, the block with a FFVII Blade Beam on it, and this weird big block with a weird symbol on it that none of my weapons damage) I’m trying not to reference the map THAT much. Because I’m told the fun is in figuring things out and puzzling. But like… idk.

I keep thinking of all of these changes to make two the gameplay saying “the game would be WAY more fun if they focused in on this part” before I stop myself realizing I’m just creating Mega Man in my head lol.

It’s fun. Don’t get me wrong. I USF wish I actually got to fight the enemies more then I am. I just have to get used to the lesser focus on running and gunning.

Also. Just finding upgrades is lame. IMO, EVERY weapon upgrade should require a boss fight first in order to obtain it. That’s way more satisfying then just finding it laying around.

Ew
For the block with a missile on it, you should just need a missile - I assume you've found at least one of them by now, since they're pretty much everywhere. The < < symbols are for the speed booster, though there are some cannons that you can launch yourself out of using Morph Ball bombs which has the same effect. The big block with the weird symbol on it depends - if they're pink, green, or some other unusual colour, you need to find an Unknown Item to power up your suit, and then you can just destroy them with any weapon.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Here is a new trailer for Marvel Studios' What If which will launch on August 11th on Disney+:

EDIT: Here is the poster:

Not having Peggy Carter call herself Captain Britain seems like a missed opportunity.

Was not expecting Killmonger's role in the trailer; I'm interested to see how all of these storylines tie together, and which ones are part of the same scenarios. (I wasn't expecting Peggy Carter's storyline to seemingly involve Dr. Strange, or what looked like Thor getting involved in the "what if Yondu abducted T'Challa" story, unless I misinterpreted what was going on)

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
For the block with a missile on it, you should just need a missile - I assume you've found at least one of them by now, since they're pretty much everywhere. The < < symbols are for the speed booster, though there are some cannons that you can launch yourself out of using Morph Ball bombs which has the same effect. The big block with the weird symbol on it depends - if they're pink, green, or some other unusual colour, you need to find an Unknown Item to power up your suit, and then you can just destroy them with any weapon.
Yeah. I was just able to find the purple unknown item and kill Kraid and get the speed boost. Though I’m having trouble getting out of his boss room because like… I can’t get the speed boost to activate. Like, I’m running from one end of the room to the other and i’m just running into those blocks and they aren’t breaking. And there’s no other way out so… i’m just confused.

I’ll have to see how Dread and Samus Returns control, but just for this… I wish I could make it be like… x button morph ball, y button fire missile, hold trigger to speed boost. I get that the GBA didn’t HAVE all those buttons. But I wish the Virtual Condole was set up in such a way that you could actually remap the controls and not just which button equals which.

Also. Like… the music. There’s only one track for each area and you spend so much time in each one that even the most awesome of tunes just gets annoying after a while. I’m almost considering muting the music and putting on a playlist or something.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Drawing's hard; it takes a lot of practice. You just have to stick with it and not get discouraged. Also don't compare yourself to other people because there's always amazing artists on Deviant art who make your own work look like **** no matter how good you get. :/

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not having Peggy Carter call herself Captain Britain seems like a missed opportunity.

Was not expecting Killmonger's role in the trailer; I'm interested to see how all of these storylines tie together, and which ones are part of the same scenarios. (I wasn't expecting Peggy Carter's storyline to seemingly involve Dr. Strange, or what looked like Thor getting involved in the "what if Yondu abducted T'Challa" story, unless I misinterpreted what was going on)
Eh. Wake me when DC finally decides to turn Elseworlds into a show.

On second thought, they probably never will because people will just see it as a bad What If rip-off regardless of the shows quali

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Yeah this is a mixed idea. Unlike you the franchise hasn't died yet but it needs really overhauled.

I was hoping it'd be something like Hitman 2016 where each level is part of an episode but replace that with a small AC Syndicate sized London map and each one released every six months or so as part of a bigger storyline then that would be great.

But it's Ubisoft so there's a high risk of it being ****.
:/ Yeah, that's the feeling I had when I read it. Well, guess only time will tell. But yeah the chances of it being awful are way too high considering Ubisoft's track record.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Peggy is too cool to steal someone else's name (assuming there actually ends up being being Captain Britain in the MCU), and who would've expected Killmonger to show up at all?

and Spider-Strange...yeah this **** is gonna continue to feed Marvel fans for the rest of the year. We've been eating good all yeah, DC feed us more as well.
Obviously, the solution is a wrestling RPG.

Also, never really thought burly men rolling aroind on the ground would attract a lot of nerds and geeks.
well WWE does own a gaming channel known as UpUpDownDown (thanks creator and soon G4 host Xavier Woods) and a lot others used to stream on Twitch before the company stopped most of them cause they were making extra money...cause...greed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom