• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Shroob Shroob Will Will Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth Drytrons and Ursarctic got some gimmicky cross-archetype support 👀
E5qq8KkUcAArtgO (1).png

BODE-JP040 Tenkyoku Kikan – Beartron / Ursatron, the Celestial Polar Illuminaship
WATER Machine / Fusion / Effect
LV7 2000/700
(This card is always treated as an “Ursarctic” and “Drytron” card.)
Must be Special Summoned with “Ursarctic Drytron”.
(1) Once per turn, if another Effect Monster(s) is Special Summoned to your field: You can add 1 “Ursarctic” or “Drytron” monster from your Deck to your hand.
(2) Once per turn: You can target 1 of your banished “Ursarctic” or “Drytron” monsters; add it to your hand.

BODE-JP066 Bearcti Drytron / Ursarctic Drytron
Normal Spell
You can only use this card name’s 2nd effect once per turn.
(1) Banish 1 “Ursarctic Big Dipper”(this is the Ursarctic field spell) and 1 “Drytron Fafnir”(Drytron field spell) from your hand and/or field, and if you do, Special Summon 1 “Ursatron, the Celestial Polar Illuminaship” from your Extra Deck. If you control “Ursarctic Polari”(their level 1 synchro) or “Drytron Alpha Thuban”(their level 1 main deck monster), you can banish 1 of the above cards from your Deck instead.
(2) If you would Tribute a monster(s) to activate an “Ursarctic” or “Drytron” monster’s effect, you can banish this card from your GY instead.

Emphasis is heavily on the "gimmicky" part. These are some neat effects and the fusion isn't going to be super hard to summon, but at the end of the day, all you get is a combo extender that has low stats and no protection. The art is kickass though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
There was a problem fetching the tweet
$60 dollars for Checking Up On Cinderace Simulator AND a whole extra RPG?! What a steal!
I too would have depression if I grew up to be a furry.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
4 Scores
7 Years
4 Dimitris
3 Edlegards
2 of the exact same Claude
...and way too many disappointing picks later...I got the Hilda/Marianne duo...meaning I FINALLY GOT A MARIANNE
Weegdance.gif

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Rewatching Alpha (2018) again. Am I the only one who feels the world would be a better place if we still lived the way we did in prehistoric times or living like as Native Americans and Australian Aboriginals did? No corruption, no ownership of land, just allowed to roam wherever you want.

Not to mention a more clean and not-so-violent world, the world overall in a much better state and more respectful to nature.

European settlers could have learned a thing or two from the Native Americans and Australian Aboriginals. That's for sure.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I have so much respect and high regard for Native Americans and Australian Aboriginals as well as our ancestors back in prehistoric times.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Rewatching Alpha (2018) again. Am I the only one who feels the world would be a better place if we still lived the way we did in prehistoric times or living like as Native Americans and Australian Aboriginals did? No corruption, no ownership of land, just allowed to roam wherever you want.

Not to mention a more clean and not-so-violent world, the world overall in a much better state and more respectful to nature.

European settlers could have learned a thing or two from the Native Americans and Australian Aboriginals. That's for sure.
Nah, the world would have definitely been worse without the technological advances we made, mortality and information spread would have been terrible.

That said, colonization and the mass genocide of certain races was not necessary to achieve what we have today IMO. Things could have been different, but sadly history is cruel.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I hope my Switch bluetooth adapter will still work on the Switch OLED.

Though the bottom of the Switch OLED seems to be nearly identical to the current Switch.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That said, colonization and the mass genocide of certain races was not necessary to achieve what we have today IMO. Things could have been different, but sadly history is cruel.
It is rather unfortunate but what's done has been done and all we can pretty much do is learn from our ancestor's mistakes and continue to try to make things better for everyone no matter what race, everyone being treated equally the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom