• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Doesn't seem like a huge upgrade tbh.

The technical power seems to be 1-1 with the original model and the changes it does make seem to be quality of life improvements

Regardless, it doesn't seem too egregious for $50 more, and I absolutely dig the color scheme. I have no need to get it myself though, haha.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So just better portable mode, a proper LAN port and more storage space
lmao
Disappointed. The rumors said it'd run at 10k, 1490 mega****s per terafart, and get you laid all in one day. #NintendoLied.

But seriously, it's not really a bad deal for $50 more dollars, but I'm probably gonna hold off unless Switch exchanges are a thing and I can simply exchange my old one for an OLED model.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Nothing about the Oled really excites me. But my Day 1 Switch has some cracks in its shell and is starting to show its age, so maybe I'll upgrade anyway.

That said I'm not really that dissapointed because I never took all the rumors seriously. Yeah I figured that Nintendo would be making a new Switch model because its obvious, but all the rumors where obssessed with graphical upgrades for some reason and that's not really Nintendo's style. Still...enhanced performance/CPU like with the New 3DS would have been nice. I wanna see Korok Forest run at at least 20 FPS.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Pokemon fans, read this thread
BDSP got some major improvements as seen in the trailer

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Is it on the Wii U Virtual Vonsole? Cause that’s how I’m gonna be playing… well… everything except Samus Returns and Super Metroid. I mean it has Zero Mission, it has Fusion, it has the Prime Trilogy, it has Prime Hunters, it even has Other M! The Wii U is a metroid machine!
It does not, though the Wii U doesn't have a ton of DS games to begin with.

D

Deleted member

I'll buy the upgrade from an original model owner. Certain things aren't functional on this original model and dealing with random navigation by itself. So, October will be a good month for me to replace it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Can we, like, not post a bunch of giant pictures in a row without spoilers? Thanks.

Anyway, as for the new Switch, can't say I'm too excited, but then again, I never cared for those Switch Pro rumors either. Don't really feel the need to upgrade. Only things I'm curious about are how battery life will be affected and if they finally decided to fix those damn Joy-Cons. You'd think a hardware revision would be the best time to do that.

D

Deleted member

Still not a huge fan of BDSP just being a 1x1 recreation of the originals but in 3D, but it does look like improvements were made.

Still very disappointed in the apparent lack of character redesigns this time around, though.......

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Still not a huge fan of BDSP just being a 1x1 recreation of the originals but in 3D, but it does look like improvements were made.

Still very disappointed in the apparent lack of character redesigns this time around, though.......
Eh, redesigns can be a double edged sword at times. Taking ORAS into example, I love a lot of the NPC redesigns, especially the villain teams though I do think May and Brendan’s designs looked pretty weak

D

Deleted member

If you told me 3 months ago that I would be sitting here looking at apartments near me for rent while waiting for the bus that takes me to work, I would have called you insane.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Two color scheme sets announced so far, the double white joycons with white dock and the neon red and blue joycons with black dock. Price is $350.

1625582533940.png

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The new Switch model is interesting but I'm on the fence when it comes to the enhancements. I'll probably see if I can pre-order it just in case I decided to want it after all and not deal with scalpers (I'll cancel if I change my mind).

If I do get I'll keep my current Switch for modding.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Me starting my first session of Hylics 2:

Me after I finished my first session of Hylics 2:

Rough start at the beginning, but as times passed, I became much better at the platforming and I got a decent idea at how the battle system work.

Still not a expert, but i'm enjoying myself with all the weirdness, tho I need to rest my eyes a bit now hahaha.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I do like her design. And silver/white haired girls are almost always the best.

I might have a look but I'm trying to get myself to watch both Nisekoi and Kill la Kill and the latter is just eh.
Damn, really? How far are you into the show?

I don't think KLK is some masterpiece or anything but it was a lot of stupid fun. Shame that you're having difficulty getting into it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
imagine getting a 2nd DUI within 2 years after having the first within months after getting arrested for trying to fight a cop drunk due to them politely telling their wife they were driving on the wrong side of the road at night...

...wrestlers can be weird

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Lol when I first looked at this I thought that Europe was getting the OLED model two months earlier than us, but then I realized I forgot they write their dates and months backwards from us.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Heyooo I voiced Richter in this video!
Also, I've been workin' on a small little "Smash Bros. Wishlist" video; basically just a small list of who I'd like to see as the final fighter. So hopefully that turns out well! Admittedly I'm a tad nervous about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom