• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If it took 2 years for a portable-only model and 4 years for an OLED model, I think it's best to kiss any chances for a "Pro" version goodbye.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
There's also a wired LAN port, which from my lack of knowdelge and tired brain, is I think a good thing??
The funny part is the LAN port replaces a USB port that everyone used for an adapter anyway, it's a lateral change at the end of the day unless you really need to charge three controllers at once. You just save a few bucks on not having to get an adapter

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Tonight will be watching The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard. Been waiting for that one for a bit. Enjoyed the first one, lets see how this one holds up.

Tomorrow gonna rewatch Alpha (2018). My favorite film of that year.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Oh, and to Pokemon fans, Kelios is saying Something's happening on Thursday
I really hope this is true this time. For months rumors and fingers crossings have failed us.

But July being Sinnoh month gives me a tiny bit of hope.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's only one month until The Suicide Squad. Far more excited for that then I am of any the MCU films this year.

King Shark is gonna steal the show.

Last edited:

NonsensicalThings

Smash Apprentice
Ok so I plan on completing my dex today, if any of y'all chads have a turtanator and are willing to trade, and can also help with a trade evo, lmk

sooooooo... closeeeee...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm surprised: No More Heroes III is a little more than a month away now and it's still not available for pre-purchase on the eShop.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
With things getting better here in my city, hopefully the theater will finally opening by next month. Love to see The Suicide Squad on the big screen and potentially the first movie in over a year to see with my friends as well.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I love this. This is just delicious. People actually thought Nintendo cared enough about graphical power and third party support that they expected the OLED to be an actual substantial upgrade! Ha! No! You get a better/bigger screen and nothing else! Take it and like it! Hahahahahahahahaha! Feed me with your suffering!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So Black Widow is out this week. See if it can top the F9 and Godzilla vs. Kong.

In other news to F9 had surpassed Godzilla vs. Kong WW, no surprise there.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I love this. This is just delicious. People actually thought Nintendo cared enough about graphical power and third party support that they expected the OLED to be an actual substantial upgrade! Ha! No! You get a better/bigger screen and nothing else! Take it and like it! Hahahahahahahahaha! Feed me with your suffering!
Snake I think you need to go outside more often

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Having just opened in Japan. Godzilla vs. Kong also currently sits at $452 million. Let's see how much further it can get!

Here's to $500 million!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
tenor (9).gif

Ratio'd by Hole Punch ****ing grooving.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
You’re a sad, strange little person.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
These are the ten movies I'm predicting will be the highest-grossing in the box office at the end of this year.

In no particular order.

Black Widow
Encanto
Eternals
F9
No Time To Die
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
Space Jam: A New Legacy (Nostalgia will probably really help)
Spider-Man: No Way Home
The Suicide Squad
Venom: Let There Be Carnage

Agree? Disagree? Tell me what you think.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
These are the ten movies I'm predicting will be the highest-grossing in the box office at the end of this year.

In no particular order.

Black Widow
Encanto
Eternals
F9
No Time To Die
The Suicide Squad

Sounds about right

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
God the O and X buttons on the playstation controller are reversed in Moon dwellers and i cant wrap my mind around it.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I don’t like how in the sixth night in FNAF 3, you only have two audio checks per do.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
UMMM

How could you forget the

improved speakers??
Real talk I'mma get this thing if I can.

It's a direct upgrade if you're someone who plays a ton in handheld, which I do, because I adore handheld systems. Higher quality audio, a stand that isn't made out of cardboard, and a bigger, nicer screen? Yes please, especially if it's at a modest $50 more above base price.

I have a feeling this is gonna be an unpopular take, but I think this model is actually pretty great and is a good move on Nintendo's part. They're focusing in on the core gimmick of the console that made it popular in the first place: It's a really good handheld. I think people who expected a Pro model to be Nintendo making the Switch into yet another funny big box to "finally rival Sony" was always a pie in the sky dream and wasn't really rooted in the reality of how Nintendo approaches hardware, or really, what the Switch truly is at it's core.

Nintendo may have marketed it as a home console first, handheld second device, but IMO it's the other way around: The Switch isn't a home console on the go, it's a handheld that can plug into your TV, and I think them really going all in on the handheld side lately is showing that.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Real talk I'mma get this thing if I can.

It's a direct upgrade if you're someone who plays a ton in handheld, which I do, because I adore handheld systems. Higher quality audio, a stand that isn't made out of cardboard, and a bigger, nicer screen? Yes please, especially if it's at a modest $50 more above base price.

I have a feeling this is gonna be an unpopular take, but I think this model is actually pretty great and is a good move on Nintendo's part. They're focusing in on the core gimmick of the console that made it popular in the first place: It's a really good handheld. I think people who expected a Pro model to be Nintendo making the Switch into yet another funny big box to "finally rival Sony" was always a pie in the sky dream and wasn't really rooted in the reality of how Nintendo approaches hardware, or really, what the Switch truly is at it's core.

Nintendo may have marketed it as a home console first, handheld second device, but IMO it's the other way around: The Switch isn't a home console on the go, it's a handheld that can plug into your TV, and I think them really going all in on the handheld side lately is showing that.
Honestly the only times ive really used the Switch on the TV is for multiplayer games.

When it's a single player experience it just feels better to lie in bed with it in handheld mode

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

In no particular order.

Black Widow
Encanto
Eternals
F9
No Time To Die
The Suicide Squad

with Harley Quinn and John Cena vs the Suicide Squad and Space Jam both also being available on HBO Max with no extra charge…who knows

Noipoi

Howdy!
Plot Twist: Noipoi is 25 feet
I’m ****in 5’8 I’m a manlet.

What does "Ratio'd" mean? I don't keep up with ya crazy kid's new fango'd lingo.

Back in my day, we Roflcopter'd and we were good with just that!
View attachment 321841
It’s when someone on Twitter makes a post and the replies are way more than the likes/retweets. Meaning they started some ****.

Or when in the replies someone makes a post WAY more popular the the original post.

At least, I think so.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
What does "Ratio'd" mean? I don't keep up with ya crazy kid's new fango'd lingo.

Back in my day, we Roflcopter'd and we were good with just that!
View attachment 321841
NGL it's one of the cringiest things about Twitter IMO, lol.

Like, every time I see it, I'm just...Why?

I ain't even an old person, like, not even close, but man even I feel old sometimes. :p

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh Lileep and Cradily! What about this time?
The price. Since the Switch Pro is $350, Sony fanboys are taking the time to tell people that you can get a PS5 for $50 more (you can't btw), and something about the Vita and now their making fun of the Switch handheld being 720p and basically the megafarta per tera**** memes and Nintendo fanboys are ****ting on the PS5 and their game prices and how it's damn near impossible to find one and it's 2021 and Console Wars are sadly still a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom