• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, I've seen the same in P12 vs P345 and on a larger scale old MegaTen vs newMegaTen fandoms. Not only it sucks that you can't criticize any game without retaliation, you also can't be a fan of both without getting treated as a traitor.
Yeah, this fandom ****ing sucks, I hate it here and this is coming from a guy who has well over 300 hours in TTYD.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yeah, I've seen the same in P12 vs P345 and on a larger scale old MegaTen vs newMegaTen fandoms. Not only it sucks that you can't criticize any game without retaliation, you also can't be a fan of both without getting treated as a traitor.
Could they at least rerelease the first 2? (Well, technically 3) :yoshi:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The divide between old Paper mario and new Paper mario is vastly different than the divide between old Persona and new Persona.

At least the six mainline Persona's still FEEL like they exist in the same universe, you cant really say that with Paper Mario.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Could they at least rerelease the first 2? (Well, technically 3) :yoshi:
I mean, they did. For PSP.

It took until the Stream release for P4 to be on a modern console that people actually played and P3 is still only on PS2 and PSP. It's not something unique to the old games.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

It took until the Stream release for P4 to be on a modern console that people actually played and P3 is still only on PS2 and PSP. It's not something unique to the old games.
To be fair PSP games are easy to emulate so i dont think anybody really cares if Persona 3 gets ported.

On a related note Persona 3 is interesting because it feels like a good "Stepping stone" between the first 3 games and 4/5.
It has the gameplay of 4/5 but it generally has a tone more similar to the first 3 to me

Persona collection on Switch please!
It would contain Persona 3 and Persona 4. No Persona 5.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Lol they didn't release Eternal Punishment on PSP in the States. Only Innocent Sin.

Funny thing is that it's the other way around originally :yoshi:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I wish the Persona fighting games would get ported, those are canonical sequels to Persona 3 and 4. Like how Strikers is a sequel to 5.

More people should see those plots.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
To be fair PSP games are easy to emulate so i dont think anybody really cares if Persona 3 gets ported.

On a related note Persona 3 is interesting because it feels like a good "Stepping stone" between the first 3 games and 4/5.
It has the gameplay of 4/5 but it generally has a tone more similar to the first 3 to me

It would contain Persona 3 and Persona 4. No Persona 5.
Eh. I don’t really care anymore. I bought it on PS4. Just give me 3 and 4 and I’ll be fine. And a port of Arena Ultimax, and the dancing games.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I like how for some reason Atlus decided to make the dancing games canonical sequels as well.

Like Atlus just really insists that everything with Persona characters in it HAS to be canon, even Blazblu cross tag battle has an implied spot in the series timeline in the in-game dialogue.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I like how for some reason Atlus decided to make the dancing games canonical sequels as well.

Like Atlus just really insists that everything with Persona characters in it HAS to be canon, even Blazblu cross tag battle has an implied spot in the series timeline in the in-game dialogue.
People: OMG, Nomura's going to make every minor KH appearance in media some important plot point.

Atlus: Actually does that with Persona.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Normally i would agreee but the original trilogy connected with people you know? It's some of the best JRPG's in the genre, people ADORE these games, so to see the general indifference that the developers have as they chose to go "HAHA, these guys are made of paper lol" kinda hits a nerve with the old fans. It feels as though they want to drive the old fans away deliberately, you know?
I skipped to the last page and wondered what this was about but in hindsight the way it was structured means I should have recognized this as typical Paper Mario talk. Also, didn't the 'good' games also use paper a lot? Like folding Mario into paper airplanes and boats? I'd play TTYD if I had the means to do so but that complaint specifically wasn't new to Sticker Star

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I like that Final Fantasy 7 (which is relatively unrelated to other numbered FFs) has a randomly convoluted series order. the chronology goes as such:

old cell phone prequel to the prequel that I think is lost media --> prequel --> original game --> theatrical movie --> first person shooter --> remake that is also a sequel (part 1 of ?)

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I skipped to the last page and wondered what this was about but in hindsight the way it was structured means I should have recognized this as typical Paper Mario talk. Also, didn't the 'good' games also use paper a lot? Like folding Mario into paper airplanes and boats? I'd play TTYD if I had the means to do so but that complaint specifically wasn't new to Sticker Star
You see in that game they made it clear that the paper abilities were an unusual thing in this world and only Mario could do them, specifically because he was cursed by a literal demon.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Probably one of the best FNAF theories out there, apparently FNAF 2 wasn't a prequel after all. And, William Afton is Golden Freddy and not Spring Bonnie.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
They all did to some degree with the exception of Super.

64 had it's share paper jokes (the literal opening was Kammy being stickered onto the Star Shrine and causing havok against the Star Spirits because Bowser literally inserted her into the story) and TTYD straight up used the paper world as a central gimmick with the curses and Flurrie being the most notable.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Lol they didn't release Eternal Punishment on PSP in the States. Only Innocent Sin.

Funny thing is that it's the other way around originally :yoshi:
I don't blame them, seeing how even P2 fans forget that Eternal Punishment exists sometimes lol.

People: OMG, Nomura's going to make every minor KH appearance in media some important plot point.

Atlus: Actually does that with Persona.
TBF, none of that appearances are necessary to appreciate mainline games. Like, Strikers or Dancing All Night don't wrap up plot points from P4 and P5, they just introduce new ones.

One exception is how Arena games explain stuff about P3 that was exclusive to a Japan-only fanbook.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
old cell phone prequel to the prequel that I think is lost media
lol Persona did this one too.
Persona 3 has an old cell phone prequel game where you see a young Mitsuru. That's all i really know about the game.

TBF, none of that appearances are necessary to appreciate mainline games. Like, Strikers or Dancing All Night don't wrap up plot points from P4 and P5, they just introduce new ones.

One exception is how Arena games explain stuff about P3 that was exclusive to a Japan-only fanbook.
I lke how in the case of Persona 5 usually a lot of **** goes down during the final hours of the main games story that we dont see in the actual main game. Like Persona Q2 and mobile game collabs where the Persona characters memories are wiped so it doesnt intefere with the games story.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

…time to make Smash canon

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
It's become increasingly common these past few days for me to wake up with a headache. Wonder what that's all about.

Couldn't sleep so internet time. And my god a website that went through a redesign................that is actually bearable? FANDOM went through one and it is actually decent.

Also Lamperouge Lamperouge your new pfp. Who she, I must know.
Vladilena Milize from 86: Eighty Six.

I just recently finished reading volume 1 of the light novel and watched the first half of the anime. Looking forward to the second part in October.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Woke up with more pain in my ribs and the jab so that's a bit crap. Even more so when you want to go and get stuff today. Forgot to get Switch Controllers.

1625567961036.png

It's become increasingly common these past few days for me to wake up with a headache. Wonder what that's all about.

Vladilena Milize from 86: Eighty Six.

I just recently finished reading volume 1 of the light novel and watched the first half of the anime. Looking forward to the second part in October.
I do like her design. And silver/white haired girls are almost always the best.

I might have a look but I'm trying to get myself to watch both Nisekoi and Kill la Kill and the latter is just eh.

Attachments

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Shroob you know I stopped reading there man, cmon. The Dante for 10 bucks was tempting but I ain't paying to progress my way through like it's an MMO.

I've seen the standards of games like Vesperia where it came in for free, I know I'm worth more than this for Definitive Edition quality of life tools. :4pacman:
If you downloaded the free merciful mode (easy difficulty) DLC, you can go to the options menu at any point and switch back and forth between easy and normal. Going to easy mode can make the grind go much quicker, at the very least. (It significantly increases the amount of experience and money you get - your available skills are more important than either of those, but it can speed up the process for getting Fog Breath)

One creature, Inugami (a snake-like dog spirit) can learn Fog Breath by leveling up and evolving, but I can't remember what level that happens at. (Edit: it learns Fog Breath at level 16. It's weak to wind/force, which Matador uses, but evolving it removes that weakness)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Today is one of those days where I really don’t want go to work, ngl.

Least I get to sleep in a bit, my shift doesn’t start until 11(although I have to catch the bus at 9:45.)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You better not skip Metroid Prime Pinball or I'm revoking your gamer card.
Is it on the Wii U Virtual Vonsole? Cause that’s how I’m gonna be playing… well… everything except Samus Returns and Super Metroid. I mean it has Zero Mission, it has Fusion, it has the Prime Trilogy, it has Prime Hunters, it even has Other M! The Wii U is a metroid machine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom