• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonsensicalThings

Smash Apprentice
I think the biggest thing holding Pokémon back is deadlines.

Because they need to crank out a game every few years for the anime and the card game and whatever, the games don’t get all the time they need.

And swsh got it the absolute worse. I still hold to my theory that it was meant for the 3DS and was rushed onto the switch mid development before anyone at GF had really worked with switch hardware.

Anyway, the way the Journeys anime is set up they could keep it going without the need for a new generation every three years, so maybe the games will start getting the time they need.
Very possible.

Whatever the reason, I’ll throw this out there, just because you (using “you” generally here) don’t like a product or feel it’s low quality doesn’t mean the people working on it don’t care. There are so many factors contributing to the overall quality of a product beyond just “how much the staff cared.”

And even if they didn’t care, ”Not caring” about a job and still being able to do it is part of what being a proffesional is, I have no doubt as much effort is being put into these games as possibl.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I finally got around to playing Joy Mech Fight, and damn, I would love to see a modern game in the IP. To be honest, with Nintendo shifting some focus to the eShop market and the like, taking old IPs in a way similar to Sega (with Streets of Rage 4 and Alex Kidd DX) and making modern games of them could be really cool! Especially if they promoted fans doing so.

This is Nintendo however, so I expect to be sued for even mentioning "bring back old IPs"
Did I just hear someone Joy Mech Fight? I love that game and would love a new entry in that series, or at least it getting an international release on NSO, instead of just being on the Japanese version. The B button on my famicom doesn't work that well anymore and I'd love to be able to play it properly.

I was so happy to finally see Sukapon in Smash, even if it was just as an Assist Trophy.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Gere is what I have to say about Pokemon. I'm not a fan of having the games are now but that doesn't mean that I think the developers don't can they sure as hell could try harder considering there are games that do much better than what Pokemon does. For example Dragon Quest 11 does overworld exploration better than sword and shield and Monster Hunter stories and multiple other monster collecting games including SMT does better in the animation then modern Pokemon does.

I don't think the developers are lazy but I just can't like the games anymore

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Very possible.

Whatever the reason, I’ll throw this out there, just because you (using “you” generally here) don’t like a product or feel it’s low quality doesn’t mean the people working on it don’t care. There are so many factors contributing to the overall quality of a product beyond just “how much the staff cared.”

And even if they didn’t care, ”Not caring” about a job and still being able to do it is part of what being a proffesional is, I have no doubt as much effort is being put into these games as possibl.
I absolutely think Gamefreak cares about Pokemon. They just don’t have the time to really make something great.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
They teased X9 and the reason Mega Man died through most of the 2010's was heavy oversaturation so it's really not an issue that they aren't having a new game every year. Alao, what questionable release methods?
Oh, I must be out of the loop then, ha ha.

Also, maybe questionable release methods was too harsh: I was referring to how they didn't put the full games on one cartridge.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
The newer stuff is...alright, but I'm mostly only into Pokemon when they pander to my nostalgia.

Which is why Imma cop that Gen 4 remake.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Did I just hear someone Joy Mech Fight? I love that game and would love a new entry in that series, or at least it getting an international release on NSO, instead of just being on the Japanese version. The B button on my famicom doesn't work that well anymore and I'd love to be able to play it properly.

I was so happy to finally see Sukapon in Smash, even if it was just as an Assist Trophy.
I'm really glad Sukapon is in Smash too! On the note of NSO, I actually think it would be a smart move to have previously regional-exclusive titles being released with translations for the service, to attract people to it (purely from a business standpoint.) After all, us consumers get "new" games, Nintendo gets money! That aside, I think it's a terribly underrated game, though being released so late into the Famicom's life probably explains Nintendo's logic of "Well it didn't sell well" albeit badly.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Pokemon storytelling would be better if they let the people who wrote the SUMO anime write the game scripts.

This is still the funniest thing Pokémon has ever done:

Please no. The Sun and Moon anime scripts were dog**** 3/4 of the time.

Well anyways, what I found funny was that I got this ad during this debate.
1625419626738.png

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Why fix a company's structural issues when you can blame the ground level employees for not working hard enough?

I mean, doing things that way doesn't actually fix any issues and just results in burnt out workers who resent their jobs but hey, at least you can pat yourself on the back for your false sense of moral superiority.

I might also be venting my frustrations as a retailer worker here. I'm so tired of being blamed for things outside of my control.

I do not envy the programmers and artist and Gamefreak.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Man, the main protagonist of Super Robot Wars Judgement is an asshole during those first few chapters, i hope he improves as a character as the game progresses.

Maybe it's me being too cynical or somethin', but I feel some peoples would probably prefer a franchise not improving and keep ****ing up here and there so that they can have a easy punch-bag to get internet points or the like.

Not saying everyone who criticise games/media are like this of course, but sometime....it really make you wonder.
Sounds like a normies opinion on the Sonic franchise lol

Mega Man is in such a weird spot rn. Like, I have no idea why Capcom isn't doing anything with it.

Yeah, they did Mega Man 11, but after that...Nothing more than old game compilations with questionable release methods on Switch, the console they were gonna have the biggest audience on. Guess it just goes to show they're really going in hard on RE and MH being their big boy series and everything else just fell to the wayside.
I think Capcom put themselves into a corner by including the ZX games in Zero's collection, now they GOTTA make a ZX3 that picks up after the boring mess of ZXA. lol

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh, I must be out of the loop then, ha ha.

Also, maybe questionable release methods was too harsh: I was referring to how they didn't put the full games on one cartridge.
The X collections teased X9 like how 11 was teased by Classic Legacy, and again, considering why Mega Man died in the first place, I'm ok with waiting

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Not gonna lie
SRTJ_en.png

It's kinda surreal to see this character like this when in the other Robot Wars games ive played he's a complete edgy boy in black.

D

Deleted member

I'm really glad Sukapon is in Smash too! On the note of NSO, I actually think it would be a smart move to have previously regional-exclusive titles being released with translations for the service, to attract people to it (purely from a business standpoint.) After all, us consumers get "new" games, Nintendo gets money! That aside, I think it's a terribly underrated game, though being released so late into the Famicom's life probably explains Nintendo's logic of "Well it didn't sell well" albeit badly.
Hell, I'd argue a lot of games can get by without a translation even, like Panel de Pon. As long as the games are easy enough to understand, I'd rather have it in Japanese than not at all. I mean, it can't hurt, not like you'd have to pay extra for those NSO releases, unlike the old Virtual Console where you had to pay "import tax" on previously region exclusive games.

I mean, it would be a win/win, as you said.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
This isn't towards you, but that IS a bold face lie. The Genesis mainline Sonic games were great. People should think Sonic would still be here at all if those games on the Sega Genesis were so bad? People who say that don't know what they are talking about.
Sonic CD is kinda garbage though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sup y'all? Bored out of my mind. Stuck inside my dad's house trying to escape the heat wave going on that's suppose to continue until tomorrow.

Dampered my mood to socializing here so don't expect me to post much.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Not to me. I was referring to the Genesis game, as CD was on an add on called the Sega CD, and it was a spinoff at the time, so it does not truly count here.

You have to admit, the music in the game, especially the Japanese version, rocked.
Sonic 1 is kinda bad, the special stages suck too.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Bit late to the discussion, but Pokemon is still a very good game series in my opinion. I don't think it's flawless by any means, it's had some hiccups here and there, but overall? I still love it. I know people are pretty pissed about the Dex cut, and Sw/Sh not living up to expectations visually, but really, this was kinda bound to happen eventually with the deadlines that the higher-ups appear to be pushing. And even then, I still don't think Sw/Sh is a bad game.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I'll agree with the special stages, but if the rest of the game were even kinda bad, not even Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 and Knuckles would have existed. A lot of people liked Sonic 1 before the other Genesis Sonic games came out.
Labyrinth Zone. Just Labyrinth Zone.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hot take but I don't give a **** about what random online people think about which Sonic games I'm allowed to enjoy.

Seriously, the whole fandom is so obssessed with deciding which entries are objectively good or bad. Who cares, it's a video game about a blue hedgehog anthro, just like whatever you like. I'm tired of having to prove it's a good series as if that's not subjective.

/rant over.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Bit late to the discussion, but Pokemon is still a very good game series in my opinion. I don't think it's flawless by any means, it's had some hiccups here and there, but overall? I still love it. I know people are pretty pissed about the Dex cut, and Sw/Sh not living up to expectations visually, but really, this was kinda bound to happen eventually with the deadlines that the higher-ups appear to be pushing. And even then, I still don't think Sw/Sh is a bad game.
The main problem with the Dex cut was all the excuses they gave for it, on top of the fact that there's nothing to really replace the dex.

NonsensicalThings

Smash Apprentice
The Dex cut was absolutely bound to happen. Having every single Pokemon in every single game was eventually going to become too ambitious to truly be plausible, so the decision makes sense. Not to mention resource heavy. I think it was the wisest decision in the long run.

This one might get my Pokemon fan card taken away, but I do actually enjoy the Dex cuts as well. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom