• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The Dex cut was absolutely bound to happen. Having every single Pokemon in every single game was eventually going to become too ambitious to truly be plausible, so the decision makes sense. Not to mention resource heavy. I think it was the wisest decision in the long run.

This one might get my Pokemon fan card taken away, but I do actually enjoy the Dex cuts as well. lol
It's not really THAT resource heavy in the case of sword and shield, when Sword and shield uses the same assets as the 3DS games, the work was already done long ago lol

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Hot take but I don't give a **** about what random online people think about which Sonic games I'm allowed to enjoy.

Seriously, the whole fandom is so obssessed with deciding which entries are objectively good or bad. Who cares, it's a video game about a blue hedgehog anthro, just like whatever you like. I'm tired of having to prove it's a good series as if that's not subjective.

/rant over.
THANK YOU.

Seriously

Thank you.

I'm glad there's someone else who has this take too, lol. Sometimes I felt like the only one. :drsad:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The main problem with the Dex cut was all the excuses they gave for it, on top of the fact that there's nothing to really replace the dex.
I don’t like the dex cut, but I can live with it.

The real issue was all the awful excuses they made, and SwSh base game is really kinda barebones so it makes it look like they cut em for nothing.
Oh yeah, I agree that their excuse for the Dex cut was pretty dumb, it's just that the Dex cut on it's own doesn't bug me.

THANK YOU.

Seriously

Thank you.

I'm glad there's someone else who has this take too, lol. Sometimes I felt like the only one. :drsad:
Oh I totally agree too. Sure, there's some things most of the community can agree on, but a game's quality is always gonna be subjective. And with a series like Sonic, where the community seems to be split on the modern titles (I don't play many Sonic games, so I say that as an observer) I feel like there's kinda bound to be some "pushing opinions on to others" sort of folks out there.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
to my fellow MCU fans…an unbiased tier list ranking on all the important characters
5B0F8869-691F-43DB-BD4F-3BB00828563B.jpeg
and
E1A2B2A9-601A-430F-831F-9DC1EB2C0EF4.jpeg
what about it

NonsensicalThings

Smash Apprentice
It's not really THAT resource heavy in the case of sword and shield, when Sword and shield uses the same assets as the 3DS games, the work was already done long ago lol
Sure, but you still have to account for coding, porting over, implementation, bug fixes, remastering any assets that need to be made higher quality, making sure animations work, creating any new animations the game may demands, and then doing that over for 898 characters, some of which have different forms that use entirely unique models, and in some cases, rigs as well.

It’s a pretty lofty task.

Ridley64

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon Reset would only use gen 1-5 and a refurbished pixel style for art styles. Anything else would limit the space needed.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Tis the week of Black Widow. I know a certain TMNT fan whose much looking forward to it.

And plenty of others for sure.

I on the other hand, I'm far more excited for The Suicide Squad then I am of any of the MCU films coming out this year.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Waiting until Tuesday to finally watch The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard. Just letting this damn heatwave to pass by.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Someday i'm going to have to actually WATCH Nadesico.

Hell i'll probably have to actually watch most of robot war's rosters shows at some point.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Look up the scene where one of the legendary dogs turns around on that tower or whatever
Nvm, found it but thr dam site wont let me post it for some stupid ass reason
I think it’s a result of recycling animations since X and Y. Seriously I recognize some of the same animations from the returning Mons.
I once saw a fan game with much more ambitious animations though, I’m not sure if it exists. Might’ve just been a dream I had.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I think it’s a result of recycling animations since X and Y. Seriously I recognize some of the same animations from the returning Mons.
I once saw a fan game with much more ambitious animations though, I’m not sure if it exists. Might’ve just been a dream I had.
these NEW High quality animations looks amazing what are you talking about?

Gamefreak said these were new so it must be true lol

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hot take but I don't give a **** about what random online people think about which Sonic games I'm allowed to enjoy.

Seriously, the whole fandom is so obssessed with deciding which entries are objectively good or bad. Who cares, it's a video game about a blue hedgehog anthro, just like whatever you like. I'm tired of having to prove it's a good series as if that's not subjective.

/rant over.
The Sonic fandom keeps shifting goalposts on what's a good Sonic game or not, and it's real annoying
I don’t like the dex cut, but I can live with it.

The real issue was all the awful excuses they made, and SwSh base game is really kinda barebones so it makes it look like they cut em for nothing.
I still can't tell if you like SwSh it or not lol.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I still can't tell if you like SwSh it or not lol.
I like it fine, I don’t think it’s this awful game or anything. In fact I find many elements of it very enjoyable.

But I do think it’s very flawed, in some ways that honestly baffle me (Pokémon stories were never amazing but this game takes the cake) I guess I’d call it a fun disappointment.

A lot of people already hated gen 6 and gen 7 so this was the last straw. But for me this was the first misstep, so I’m willing to stick around and see where things go. I hope Legends and Gen 9 are better.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Hot take time, Sonic edition:

- Gameplay-wise, Shadow the Hedgehog is my favorite Sonic title. Think less “Edgy boi with guns” and more “the fastest Ratchet & Clank game ever.”

- Secret Rings is a huge guilty pleasure of mine. I don’t remember ever having all that much of an issue with the controls when I was a kid, although the final boss was the only point I ever got a gold medal

- While still admittedly good, the Adventure games haven’t necessarily aged the best in recent years with sloggy levels and control schemes for anyone not named Sonic or Shadow. Still a ton of fun with mods though, and they’d definitely benefit from remakes.

- Roger Craig Smith is to Sonic as Grant Kirkhope was to Donkey Kong: both provided laid-back albeit determined voices that make the characters so much cooler.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think the biggest thing holding Pokémon back is deadlines.

Because they need to crank out a game every few years for the anime and the card game and whatever, the games don’t get all the time they need.

And swsh got it the absolute worse. I still hold to my theory that it was meant for the 3DS and was rushed onto the switch mid development before anyone at GF had really worked with switch hardware.

Anyway, the way the Journeys anime is set up they could keep it going without the need for a new generation every three years, so maybe the games will start getting the time they need.
Yeah. I’ve always said it was surprising to me that the generation didn’t turn over when the hardware generation did. Like, before I got into it I thought like Gen 1 on Game Boy, Gen 2 on Color, Gen 3 on GBA, Gen 4 on DS, and Gen 5 on 3DS. To find out that some systems got multiple generations always surprised me. Still does. Especially since most Nintendo franchises only get like one entry per console.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah. I’ve always said it was surprising to me that the generation didn’t turn over when the hardware generation did. Like, before I got into it I thought like Gen 1 on Game Boy, Gen 2 on Color, Gen 3 on GBA, Gen 4 on DS, and Gen 5 on 3DS. To find out that some systems got multiple generations always surprised me. Still does. Especially since most Nintendo franchises only get like one entry per console.
It was easier working with DS hardware.

Pokémon’s had it rough ever since it made the jump to 3D :nifty:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom