• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
"Well, I just got back from my great great uncle twice removed’s funeral! I always have a hard time engaging in conversation with family members I don’t know, so I brought up my favorite topic; the last Smash Bros. fighter. Now that Kazuya’s out, all eyes are on the next fighter. Who’s it gonna be? We don’t know! I mentioned how I’d like to see Rayman, to which my great great uncle twice removed rose from the grave just to tell me that he hates the concept of Rayman in Smash."

What am I on when I write these scripts?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
It was easier working with DS hardware.

Pokémon’s had it rough ever since it made the Juno to 3D :nifty:
I feel like Pokemon never should have jumped to 3D, Gens 4 and 5 have some of the best pixel art ive ever seen.

They also made the games easier once they made the jump to 3D. And i dont understand why, the games were never hard but in the 3D games they just made things way too easy.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I feel like Pokemon never should have jumped to 3D, Gens 4 and 5 have some of the best pixel art ive ever seen.

They also made the games easier once they made the jump to 3D. And i dont understand why, the games were never hard but in the 3D games they just made things way too easy.
Gen 7 was surprisingly good on difficulty. Like no joke.

XY it was a miracle if anyone had a Pokemon with 4 moves.

But yeah, still, it's disappointing we got stuck with the lower quality models when the Genius Sonority **** was there for years and 10 times as better. Most of their models win out by comparison. At least it doesn't impact gameplay, but still disappointing.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Gen 7 was surprisingly good on difficulty. Like no joke.

XY it was a miracle if anyone had a Pokemon with 4 moves.

But yeah, still, it's disappointing we got stuck with the lower quality models when the Genius Sonority **** was there for years and 10 times as better. Most of their models win out by comparison. At least it doesn't impact gameplay, but still disappointing.
I also dont like how soulless a lot of models look.

It took until Smash 4 and Ultimate for me to really like certain Pokemon because i didnt like the official game freak models of them

Noipoi

Howdy!

Gen 7 was based

And it was pretty hard too, IMO. Though no Pokémon game is too difficult once you understand type match ups.

NonsensicalThings

Smash Apprentice
I like it fine, I don’t think it’s this awful game or anything. In fact I find many elements of it very enjoyable.

But I do think it’s very flawed, in some ways that honestly baffle me (Pokémon stories were never amazing but this game takes the cake) I guess I’d call it a fun disappointment.

A lot of people already hated gen 6 and gen 7 so this was the last straw. But for me this was the first misstep, so I’m willing to stick around and see where things go. I hope Legends and Gen 9 are better.
What about the story did you not like?

It’s not exactly crazy good but I didn’t have any issues with it personally, so I’m curious to seen what you think. (And not in a, “I’m curious so I can tell you how wrong you are,” way, just genuinely curious.)

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Gen 7 was where I first jumped into the franchise. I never once removed my Primarina from the party, he was the best I could have asked for.
Primarina dominates the game. It has type advantage against most of the major bosses. There's a reason I have three of them.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. Regardless of who actually develops it, what should the next Capcom/SNK crossover be called? Cause like…. I kind of want SNK to dev it because I like their art style better, but Capcom vs SNK sounds better then SNK vs Capcom

Noipoi

Howdy!
What about the story did you not like?

It’s not exactly crazy good but I didn’t have any issues with it personally, so I’m curious to seen what you think. (And not in a, “I’m curious so I can tell you how wrong you are,” way, just genuinely curious.)
It’s virtually non-existent for most of the game. Which I honestly wouldn’t have a problem with, if they didn’t decide to cram it all into the last bit of the game. It’s all about the gym challenge for the first four hours until suddenly “oh woops doomsday lol”

The villains aren’t engaging. Team Yell is lame and they do nothing, and Rose isn’t a surprising or fun twist villain. Team Skull were a bunch of ineffective gangsters, but they were endearing. Lusamine was an obvious villain, but she was engaging.

Rose is just stupid at the end. He goes on and on about a disaster that’ll strike in a thousand years, but when Leon (who is totally eager to help!) asks him to wait just one more day he goes nuts. It’s dumb. And the Macro Cosmos stuff is also dumb.

Cool stuff happens and they keep you away from it. Like when Pokémon start Dynamaxing at random and rampaging through the city. How cool would it have been to go fight them? But no, Leon says to leave it to him and he shoos you away.

The legendaries also don’t feel as important to me in this one. Yes there’s the history you study with Sonia, and I’ll give them this. They do a good job of setting up the box legends, but it’s more than just that. You had an emotional connection to Nebby in gen 7, you had to bond with the dragon in gen 5 to finally take N on and save Unova. I didn’t get any of that here, though maybe it’s just a personal issue. I also don’t like Eternatus at all but whatever.

I will say this, some of the characters like Sonia and Bede are fun. I don’t think every single thing about this plot is a waste. It just isn’t very good imo

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I had a good time with SwSh, but I can totally see why it gets the bad rap it does. I just happen to enjoy a lot of games that a lot of people hate (or used to hate, anyway, Nuts & Bolts has been seeing a little bit more love lately).

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm at least glad for SwSh for one thing: It gave me an excuse to finally play some ROMhacks/fangames.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So spent today trying to play around with a few games like THPS, Far Cry and Mario Rabbids.

Honestly..............Mario Rabbids is surprisingly fun still. I don't know why I never completed it.

Then again I say that with 2/3 of my Switch Library.

NonsensicalThings

Smash Apprentice
It’s virtually non-existent for most of the game. Which I honestly wouldn’t have a problem with, if they didn’t decide to cram it all into the last bit of the game. It’s all about the gym challenge for the first four hours until suddenly “oh woops doomsday lol”

The villains aren’t engaging. Team Yell is lame and they do nothing, and Rose isn’t a surprising or fun twist villain. Team Skull were a bunch of ineffective gangsters, but they were endearing. Lusamine was an obvious villain, but she was engaging.

Rose is just stupid at the end. He goes on and on about a disaster that’ll strike in a thousand years, but when Leon (who is totally eager to help!) asks him to wait just one more day he goes nuts. It’s dumb. And the Macro Cosmos stuff is also dumb.

Cool stuff happens and they keep you away from it. Like when Pokémon start Dynamaxing at random and rampaging through the city. How cool would it have been to go fight them? But no, Leon says to leave it to him and he shoos you away.

The legendaries also don’t feel as important to me in this one. Yes there’s the history you study with Sonia, and I’ll give them this. They do a good job of setting up the box legends, but it’s more than just that. You had an emotional connection to Nebby in gen 7, you had to bond with the dragon in gen 5 to finally take N on and save Unova. I didn’t get any of that here, though maybe it’s just a personal issue. I also don’t like Eternatus at all but whatever.

I will say this, some of the characters like Sonia and Bede are fun. I don’t think every single thing about this plot is a waste. It just isn’t very good imo
All good ponts!

It honestly felt like every other game to me lore wise, but also it’s been a LONG time sense I played any other games so keep that in mind.

And def agree on Team Yell, I really don’t get them.

I mean, I don’t get any of the lore surrounding the legendaries but also i pribably couldve been paying more attention tbh- Asmajwm

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
5 days remain…then we can all pay respects to MCU’s Natasha Romanoff one last time…then start standing Yelena Belova

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

IMO, SwSh should have just focused on you, Hop, and Sonia traveling Galar while exploring the lore if the land. I actually really liked what they has going on with setting up the box legendaries, as it was you three trying to figure out the mystery of the missing tale of Galar. It fell apart with the villians, and Marnie added literally nothing to the story. The gake didn't need villians imo.

But if they wanted to have villians, then it should have been Rose finding out about the Darkest Day, and employing Bede to destroy famous landmarks and monuments as they are rich with the material needed to stop it, but you, Hop, and Sonia need them to finish the history of Galar. Thus there's a history vs. modern approach to the story. And then the Darkest Day can go forward when Leon tells Rose to put on the breaks with his destruction and Rose retaliates by releasimg Enterneaus to show them what happens if they don't let them have his way.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So guys have to head to town tomorrow cause I ****ed up an online class...............and finally get my vaccine.

Doing my part for humanity instead of things like tHe GoVeRMEnt doESn'T tELL Me whAT to DO! Bet you those who say are actually afraid of needles or were dropped as a kid.

If there is one thing the pandemic made me feel good about myself is that I may be an idiot but I'm not a super idiot!

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I know Sakruai said we only have one more character to be added but I can think of a way to have a bonus one with minimal effort:

1625438947834.png

Master Hand has been playable in a single battle in World of Light ever since the base game so a lot of the hard stuff has already been taken care of.

Probably not happening but let me dream!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hot take time, Sonic edition:

- Gameplay-wise, Shadow the Hedgehog is my favorite Sonic title. Think less “Edgy boi with guns” and more “the fastest Ratchet & Clank game ever.”

- Secret Rings is a huge guilty pleasure of mine. I don’t remember ever having all that much of an issue with the controls when I was a kid, although the final boss was the only point I ever got a gold medal

- While still admittedly good, the Adventure games haven’t necessarily aged the best in recent years with sloggy levels and control schemes for anyone not named Sonic or Shadow. Still a ton of fun with mods though, and they’d definitely benefit from remakes.

- Roger Craig Smith is to Sonic as Grant Kirkhope was to Donkey Kong: both provided laid-back albeit determined voices that make the characters so much cooler.
I was just watching a speedrun of Secret Rings and it had some pretty cool level design. It looked really good for a wii game. Secret Rings is a misunderstood game sadly burdened by trying something new in an established series and doing a very poor job of explaining it. If you try to play it like a sonic game it's terrible. If you treat Sonic more like steering a car and equip the proper skills it can be a lot of fun. It's heavily based on using the right skills for each mission. I feel like if it hadn't been marketed as a Sonic game it would have been received better.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Still need to watch Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge.

Amazon Prime thankfully has it but feels weird it's not on HBO Max.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Juat finished Lilo and Stich. Some thoughts:
  • Stich my GOAT.
  • Still funny to this day, still holds up, still heartwarming.
  • It made me feel nostalgic for the TV show.
  • Everyone in this world must be deaf considering how much gets blown up and destroyed in this movie.
  • I know someone out there looks like Nani. DMs are open if anyone does.

Good movie!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Watch that Yelena dies.
she's supposed to be in the Hawkeye series...the show set in either 2023 or 2024
I've seen a few reviews of the movie where they say they're excited to see the future of her character in the MCU. Kinda hard for her to have a future if she croaks. :p
time to **** over the timeline and the TVA again then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom