• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ah, yes, I am fan in fandom.

My favorite activities include complaining, complaining about complaining, complaining about complaining about complaining, spending money on games I swore were trash on my Twitter, send death threats to developers who are objectively the root of all evil because they made me sad, and dumping on rival fandom.
The Sonic experience.
And the Pokemon experience.
And the Paper Mario experience.
And the Star Wars experience.
And the Smash Bros experience.
And the..

Thought this image seemed relevant.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
due to the sheer size of Pokemon's hatebase, a lot of people are former fans who want the series to be better and have accepted Gamefreak won't make actual improvements in favor of generational gimmicks, because they need to sell merch
I don't understand hatebases like this.

Surely if they really believe nothing will improve, they'd acknowledge that getting angry over a video game is such a huge waste of time and energy that just makes no one happy in the end. But some people seem to just thrive over negativety somehow, and I don't get it. Being angry all the time is just stressful and exhausting.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Surely if they really believe nothing will improve, they'd acknowledge that getting angry over a video game is such a huge waste of time and energy that just makes no one happy in the end. But some people seem to just thrive over negativety somehow, and I don't get it. Being angry all the time is just stressful and exhausting.
Because deep down we still love the series and WANT to see it improve, but know it never will and its infuriating.

osby

Smash Obsessed
A lot of fan projects suffer from this. A lot of fan developers often make things hard for the sake of hard simply for the sake of it.

It’s weird, TBH. I can’t tell if it’s amateur game design or fans’ obsession with making everything a Kaizo.
If I wanted Pokemon but with a lot of fake difficulty that makes me want to throw my controller, I'd just play Nocturne.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Which games did you play? I’d love to check ‘em out for future video ideas, as fan games are gonna be a big presence on my channel.
Clockwork, Uranium and Phoenix Rising. The latter is the most ambitious one, imo so I'd give it a shot.

None of them are remotely my thing but I admire the effort that went to them.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I can name several fanbases that would probably benefit from having more earnest criticism instead of people continuously getting angry about almost everything about a series over the course of several entries or seasons.

Double K

Smash Lord
Clockwork, Uranium and Phoenix Rising. The latter is the most ambitious one, imo so I'd give it a shot.

None of them are remotely my thing but I admire the effort that went to them.
Oh man, Uranium lmao

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Simpsons, American Dad, Family Guy, Raw, and SmackDown could possibly end up being the only shows to never end after all these decades (reboots, sequels, and long term franchises aside)

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
A lot of fan projects suffer from this. A lot of fan developers often make things hard for the sake of hard simply for the sake of it.

It’s weird, TBH. I can’t tell if it’s amateur game design or fans’ obsession with making everything a Kaizo.
"If it doesn't make you want to literally throw your controller out the window, is it even a real game?"

I'd say that people are too obsessed with making everything a Kaizo, yeah.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

A lot of fangames seem to sacrifice good level design for the sake of being difficult. There's nothing wrong with being hard as nails, but you need to really know what you're doing to make it hard as nails and fun.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Oh man, Uranium lmao
Ah yes, the one that's pretty dark with radiation, nuclear winter stuff and meltdown.
You will get two game over things:
  • The first one has Tandor, the region suffering from a nuclear winter lasting 100 years. You, the player and Theo are never heard of again.
  • The second one is what happened after Gamma launched causing a massive thermonuclear detonation with Pokemon League in ruins. Wild Nuclear Pokemon go after survivors who get overwhelmed and maybe killed off with the Rangers failed the stop hordes of them. Some flee from the region but those couldn't make it mourning their losses and Tandor sadly falls into a century of nuclear winter...

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

I tried Insurgence, considered one of the best fangames mind you, and that **** was tough as nails. I got stuck on the fourth gym because the gym leader pulled out a Mega Metagross that easily obliterated my entire team, and then even if I killed it, I still had four more members to deal with. And my Pokemon weren't even underleveled, they were the same as hers. With my team at the same levels, I couldn't hope to beat it. Like literally, the entire game was hard as actual ****. Every fight was unenjoyable due to difficulty, and unless you were running EV trained fully competitive teams or overleveled by about 20 levels, you stood no chance. Can't even overlevel at the league my friend says, they follow your levels. They even can use Max Revives on their ace. It's a very well made game, but it's just too hard to do. It feels like a kaizo run more than an actual kaizo.

And did I mention I was on normal difficulty? Not even hard.

It's why I like Xenoverse so much. It's hard, but not overly so. You can work around any hard boss with anything you like, unlike the restrictive chokehold Insurgence forced on teambuilding. Insurgence is hard yes. But is it fun? No. The game needs to be fun to play, difficulty ain't everything.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Been a bit burnt out lately, and I don’t feel like I’ve had much time to just kick back and relax, so screw it, I’m gonna take a bit of a break and play some more games I haven’t beaten yet. Namely Miitopia on the Switch, BOTW, and Pokémon Shield.

I got BOTW day 1 and I still have not beaten it, geez-

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester

One thing I like about that Primeval show was that each episode focused on a different prehistoric creature and fictional ones from the future.
(Imagine a new reboot with new creatures not seen like Ankylosaurus, Dunkleosteus, Tiktaalik and many more!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom