• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
What next? All non-Americans banned from here for a day?!

And I thought are countries were united in friendship or something..........
Alright, you’ll be allowed tomorrow if you pass the following America test.

What is the meaning of life:

a) Freedom, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

b) Loving your friends and family, and being loved in return.

c) Boobs, Beer, Bacon, Guns, and God.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
This Pokemon Gen talk reminded me that formerly general gaming Youtuber to now full time Poketuber, Lockstin, is essentially making his own region, new pokemon, new story and everything, and he's mentioned he's looking to hiring modders to basically make a full game.

His concept is basically the closest we can get to a Canadian region in Pokemon, since it's based on the Northwest Coastal US and has Canadian themed pokemon such as beavers, bigfoot, dark type Canada goose and a maple leaf frog.

Oh yeah, and Jeff Bezos is basically the villain of the region. lol

Last edited:

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Can't be 4th of July if you aren't American. It is another day in the calendar.

View attachment 321632

And there WILL BE ANIME!
Australian here, can confirm that 4th of July basically just goes like any other day.
Speaking of Australia, since we're on the topic of Pokemon region concepts, I'm quite a fan of the Pokemon Yeah/Pokemon Nah concept

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Alright, you’ll be allowed tomorrow if you pass the following America test.

What is the meaning of life:

a) Freedom, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

b) Loving your friends and family, and being loved in return.

c) Boobs, Beer, Bacon, Guns, and God.
Nah.

I'll keep to being Irish and be loved by everyone except the English.

Anyways it's..................**** 4:30 in the morning. You guys just pull me in the convos.

So yeah...........
image.png

The sleep is calling.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Has anyone here played Resonance of Fate?

I really want to try it.
I did and I find it amazing but it's not a game for everyone. It's a very unconventional RPG that takes quite some time to get used to the mechanics but feels really rewarding when you get a grasp on how combat works. The story is similarly slow to get to the point but all characters are interesting and while the humor is a hit-or-miss, it helped balancing out the somber themes and backstories. The customization for your three party members and non-linear world map give you a lot of control. The OST is amazing but the visual presentation is heavily on the grey/brown side despite the quality art direction. It has cool side missions but dull dungeons.

In short, it has a lot of ups and downs but I'd still recommend it if you're looking for something different because there's simply not another game like it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Australian here, can confirm that 4th of July basically just goes like any other day.
Speaking of Australia, since we're on the topic of Pokemon region concepts, I'm quite a fan of the Pokemon Yeah/Pokemon Nah concept
Dibs on the fire Pleisiosaur

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Ah, yes, I am fan in fandom.

My favorite activities include complaining, complaining about complaining, complaining about complaining about complaining, spending money on games I swore were trash on my Twitter, send death threats to developers who are objectively the root of all evil because they made me sad, and dumping on rival fandom.

osby

Smash Obsessed

My favorite activities include complaining, complaining about complaining, complaining about complaining about complaining, spending money on games I swore were trash on my Twitter, send death threats to developers who are objectively the root of all evil because they made me sad, and dumping on rival fandom.
You actually get to enjoy stuff!

As long as you act like that stuff is a flawless masterpiece and insult anyone who thinks otherwise and dares to like other stuff.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alright, I’ll allow it.

But yes, a non fan would totally make a Pokémon region if they wanted to. The concept of a Pokémon region is very alluring to world building types.
Well ok. I feel like a non-fan would just… you know… make something else rather then bothering with a world they hated.
Do you hate every single thing about the franchise?
No way! In fact, aside from the turn based battles I actually love most things about Pokémon. Caveat: In it’s current state. If it really goes all open world/no linear routes after Legends Arceus then I will like Lyme series less. But I love the world and of course the Pokémon themselves! Not to mention all the lore! And Pokkén is amazing!

Also Rillaboom is a traitor in need of executing

KillerCage

Smash Master
Fire Emblem?

Get that weeb **** OUT of my country.

Tomorrow is July 4th.

NO ANIME

Nothing is more American than the President and Vice President trying to kill each other with mechs!
Go play or watch Metal Wolf Chaos.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You're not a true Pokemon fan. If you wanna be a fan, you must harden your heart and hate every single thing in the franchise.
Oh. Well… I guess I’m not a true fan then.
I don’t mean someone who hates it, just someone who’s indifferent.
But Noipoi! I’ve been on the Internet long enough to know that indifference doesn’t exist! There’s either absolute love or absolute hate with no in between.

MooMew64

You actually get to enjoy stuff!

As long as you act like that stuff is a flawless masterpiece and insult anyone who thinks otherwise and dares to like other stuff.
Me OMW to inform the uncultured swine how Sonic R is capable of curing cancer and saved my marriage and they are poopy head if they disagree:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

The Sonic experience.
And the Pokemon experience.
And the Paper Mario experience.
And the Star Wars experience.
And the Smash Bros experience.
And the..

Double K

Smash Lord
Well ok. I feel like a non-fan would just… you know… make something else rather then bothering with a world they hated.
due to the sheer size of Pokemon's hatebase, a lot of people are former fans who want the series to be better and have accepted Gamefreak won't make actual improvements in favor of generational gimmicks, because they need to sell merch

osby

Smash Obsessed
I tried a few Pokemon fangames and while I get that some people want more challenge from the series, a lot of them go way too hard on the opposite direction.I'm not a fan of how official games play but at least the lower difficulty allows you to play favorites more, rather having to min-max your team constantly.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
btw, if people want to binge some random youtuber's ideas on fakemon here's a vid for Lockstin's Pokemon ideas, specifically on the starters. They are actually pretty neat conceptually and the explanations and lore behind his ideas are well thought out. He has a whole playlist with some interesting ideas for Pokemon.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
due to the sheer size of Pokemon's hatebase, a lot of people are former fans who want the series to be better and have accepted Gamefreak won't make actual improvements in favor of generational gimmicks, because they need to sell merch
Yep, Gamefreak just stopped caring.

MooMew64

I tried a few Pokemon fangames and while I get that some people want more challenge from the series, a lot of them go way too hard on the opposite direction.I'm not a fan of how official games play but at least the lower difficulty allows you to play favorites more, rather having to min-max your team constantly.
A lot of fan projects suffer from this. A lot of fan developers often make things hard for the sake of hard simply for the sake of it.

It’s weird, TBH. I can’t tell if it’s amateur game design or fans’ obsession with making everything a Kaizo.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Considering my region has THREE gimmicks (sexual dimorphism for every Pokémon, mega evolutions for every fully evolved Pokémon, and lots and lots of dinosaur Pokémon)….. I think I’m the opposite of that lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom