• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
It depends on how their actions actually align with their beliefs. If they claim to be anti-racist but they also seek revenge against 'all white people for past transgretions', especially if said whites haven't played any part themselves other than being born with white skin, then yes that is still racist. But being anti-racist in general is not on its own racist.

We all need to own the fact that no one choose to be born, no one chooses who they were conceived from and no one chooses what their skin colour will be when they are born. No one chose to be black, no one chose to be white.

The unfortunate thing is there's a lot of people that simply find comfort in just seeking an enemy. Sometimes for superficial reasons such as skin colour. The 'Us vs. Them' mentality that has existed throughout our history as a species, so it is a tough mindset to erase in our culture.
Your second point is something I agree it all.

I didn't get to choose where I was born. I didn't get choose to live in Northern Ireland and a pro Irish community and being white or with autism or what. Yet there are people who think violence is the answer to getting what they want when by the ways are it never will.
No one knows the truth of what caused our hands dealt the way they are and we will never know.

So why should I care about a person if he is black or gay or what. As long as you don't try me like an idiot or think you can fight that's enough from me.

You combine your point you made with no one getting to choose where you were born with the true extent of time and space in which it will be trillions of years old one day and trillions of light years across then your life sees a new way of seeing things.

I don't mind have enemies but that's normally individuals who have actually pissed me off in the past. That will always be different and I can count them on two hands.

TheMightyP TheMightyP sorry for using this to also talk about my own thing but with my posts you can see what I'm trying to say though. We are all part of one human race and it's best to paint it in colours than in the one drab.

Breakdown borders and throw paint on it all but still keep the framework. I'm trying to say a good point but it's probably lost in translation cause of how tired I am.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So, this Star Wars: Visions thing. The folks who did the cutscenes for Wario Land: Shake It are working on this, so it's automatically top tier. :yeahboi:
Although considering it's Disney it'll probably be really mediocre.

Neat to see but still mediocre lol

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just want to say that when people usually say white people, they're usually referring to the ones that are running our country, running our economy, and making laws or allowing policies that take down minorities in general.

Anyone who legitimately believes all should be taken down are usually not worth talking to. But the fact is it is usually white people enacting those policies
Issue is a bunch of insecure white people see that and go "But I'm white and I'm not racist, to prove how not racist I am I shall now deny black people having ever been oppressed since Lincoln" completely ignoring reality

Dutch Raikuna

Issue is a bunch of insecure white people see that and go "But I'm white and I'm not racist, to prove how not racist I am I shall now deny black people having ever been oppressed since Lincoln" completely ignoring reality
Have to remember those people are the ones who would belong in the Gravy Seals and think all you need to win a war is a bomb all while they can drive in Walmart in one of those motor buggy things.

Remember kids. Idiocracy is a reality.

People are people, regardless of whatever skin color or sexual orientation they bear.

They all suck. :)
In-****ing-deed dude.

We are all in this ****hole together.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, there's that too.

But to reiterate, when people say **** like **** white people, understand it comes from a place where marhinalized groups are frustrated that the oppressors on top (usually white), are reaping their malicous actions against them with no consequences. Obviously many don't, and if you don't allow that to stand then such sentiments wouldn't apply to you. If you do believe that you're included, check your priorities. Just to make things clear.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Yeah, there's that too.

But to reiterate, when people say ** like ** white people, understand it comes from a place where marhinalized groups are frustrated that the oppressors on top (usually white), are reaping their malicous actions against them with no consequences. Obviously many don't, and if you don't allow that to stand then such sentiments wouldn't apply to you. If you do believe that you're included, check your priorities. Just to make things clear.
Just a random question but how would those people react if the government of the US was like mine in which there had to be two people in a joint president position at the top but one had to a white person and one had to be a person of colour?

Like honestly.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yeah, there's that too.

But to reiterate, when people say ** like ** white people, understand it comes from a place where marhinalized groups are frustrated that the oppressors on top (usually white), are reaping their malicous actions against them with no consequences. Obviously many don't, and if you don't allow that to stand then such sentiments wouldn't apply to you. If you do believe that you're included, check your priorities. Just to make things clear.
But that's too haaaaaaaard why should I treat a very real thing that still affects countless innocent people, robbing them of their lives or livlihoods when I can pretend that they're the real issue for being ungrateful that we changed the term 'slave' to 'US prisoner for smoking weed in legal states'?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Just a random question but how would those people react if the government of the US was like mine in which there had to be two people in a joint president position at the top but one had to a white person and one had to be a person of colour?

Like honestly.
They'd hate it given how the same people treated Obama (that wasn't his policies)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Like honestly.
They'd call it liberal SJW woke-ism that's proof that the left have gone too far, like whwt they'd do if we tried to make libraries a thing and they were a new concept

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh yeah, for those wondeeing why I even brought up this subject, remember when I brought Mr. Enter? Yeah, I read his reaction to the Steven Universe PSAs, and his sentiments included my prompt a page back.

I would say don't meet your heroes... but... was he really anyone's hero?

Dutch Raikuna

They'd hate it given how the same people treated Obama (that wasn't his policies)
Yep. It's not a perfect system where I am but it works..........sometimes. Oh and if one side resigns the entire government resigns.

And then when it happens they think they are being repressed. Meaning you know the privileged.

They want actual repression? Go to North Korea or China. The pro-loud men who hate everything and wish they were back in a time where they could beat their wife without getting into trouble.

This part is cruel of me to say.........but there are some people who don't deserve to live in a democracy until they learn some humility and humanity.

Reply to that and it'll be the end of my convo dude.

Edit: Mods I know this was for serious discussion. I'll not go any further from now on.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yep. It's not a perfect system where I am but it works..........sometimes. Oh and if one side resigns the entire government resigns.

And then when it happens they think they are being repressed. Meaning you know the privileged.

They want actual repression? Go to North Korea or China. The pro-loud men who hate everything and wish they were back in a time where they could beat their wife without getting into trouble.

This part is cruel of me to say.........but there are some people who don't deserve to live in a democracy until they learn some humility and humanity.

Reply to that and it'll be the end of my convo dude.
Replying because I don't have anything to add to this convo.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Oh yeah, for those wondeeing why I even brought up this subject, remember when I brought Mr. Enter? Yeah, I read his reaction to the Steven Universe PSAs, and his sentiments included my prompt a page back.

I would say don't meet your heroes... but... was he really anyone's hero?
Constantly ****s himself about a reboot of a kid show which tackled societal issues often for being a comedy show

Hates being made aware of societal issues

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Constantly ****s himself about a reboot of a kid show which tackled societal issues often for being a comedy show

Hates being made aware of societal issues
I used to be an avid viewer, but then I knew something was up when he said April's design was stereotypical and cringeworthy for diversity in Rise of TMNT.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I used to be an avid viewer, but then I knew something was up when he said April's design was stereotypical and cringeworthy for diversity in Rise of TMNT.
I saw soe of his stuff like 5 years ago but I remember thinking he was full of **** who couldn't tell what was happening, like, I specifically remember a video in which he literally says that if he doesn't understand a joke, then there is no joke. 10/10 media criticism, I don't understand it so it doesn't actually exist

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I saw soe of his stuff like 5 years ago but I remember thinking he was full of **** who couldn't tell what was happening, like, I specifically remember a video in which he literally says that if he doesn't understand a joke, then there is no joke. 10/10 media criticism, I don't understand it so it doesn't actually exist
He still is full of ****. He stopped his positive reviews because according to him, everything is the same and there is no originality and everything takes after a certaon trope and art sucks and everyones lazy and blah blah blah.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Although considering it's Disney it'll probably be really mediocre.

Neat to see but still mediocre lol
looks at Rebels, Rogue One, Mandalorian, the final season of Clone Wars, and Bad Batch

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
He still is full of ****. He stopped his positive reviews because according to him, everything is the same and there is no originality and everything takes after a certaon trope and art sucks and everyones lazy and blah blah blah.
OLD GOOD NEW BAD AND SCARY TROPES EXIST AND THAT'S AWFUL

For real it sucks how people seem to have missed the point of TVTropes providing examples of tropes to "tropes bad i am intelijunt"

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
looks at Rebels, Rogue One, Mandalorian, the final season of Clone Wars, and Bad Batch
You shouldnt be counting clone wars in there since the script and voice work was basically done before the Disney buy out, Disney just put money into actually animating the project lol

Rebels is very debatable, had some good moments but honestly couldnt get into the majority of the show.

I never watched Bad batch lol

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
OLD GOOD NEW BAD AND SCARY TROPES EXIST AND THAT'S AWFUL

For real it sucks how people seem to have missed the point of TVTropes providing examples of tropes to "tropes bad i am intelijunt"
That reminds me:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You shouldnt be counting clone wars in there since the script and voice work was basically done before the Disney buy out, Disney just put money into actually animating the project lol

Rebels is very debatable, had some good moments but honestly couldnt get into the majority of the show.

Aye without them we'd probably have never gotten to feel like Sayori (plus...those Ahsoka/Maul fight scenes throughout the series...big ol sloppy smooch 😘)

Last bits of season 2, Vader, then Seasons 3 and 4 were all the real beasts of Rebels, carrying the hell out of that show. Other parts of season 2 and then season 1 besides the ending did need some more work, but at the same time those were the building blocks to lead to the crazy ****

and WHAT!!! YOU NEED TO WATCH BAD BATCH like...NOW

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Then again, this is the animation community, missing the point is like their middle name.
UGHHHH THIS SHONEN ANIME HAS A PROTAGONIST SO CLICHE PEOPLE SAY IT'S GOOD AND SUBVERTS TRADITIONAL EXPECTATIONS BUT IT'S CLEARLY THE SAME AS ASTRO BOY
So uh...
How's everyone's day?
It's so ****ing hot that I conked out after work at like 6pm and here I am talking about racial issues and media consumption on a forum at 4:27AM

Double K

Smash Lord

Bad Batch is on-par with the later seasons of Clone Wars

D

Deleted member

So uh...
How's everyone's day?
I got part of a commission I payed for today but otherwise it’s been a pretty normal day.

I cleaned up, like, my entire room. so. much. bird poop. :069: it’s kinda insane how messy my room was up until now.

Last edited by a moderator:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Oh yeah, I also fought the Kazuya level 9 CPU today with a few different fighters to see what all the hype was about:

My :ultenderman: and :ultsephiroth: came close.

My :ultinkling: and :ultminmin beat him.

My :ultisabelle: got stomped.

He does some hype stuff but TBH IDK why everyone was freaking out and making videos about him. He's just the typical level 9 input-read jank, lol.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I walk home from work 2.1 miles every day. The exact same thing happened to me that happened a few days ago. I was in the crosswalk, there was a "yield to pedestrians" sign not 4 feet from me and some Dbag driver speeds through. If I hadn't stopped they would have hit me. But this time I didn't flip them off because, as somebody pointed out, you do that and road rage drivers might pull a gun on you. Aside from that I've been alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom