• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Also, if I may give Noipoi Noipoi my thoughts:

Skyward Sword is a plenty fine Zelda, but it's a controversial one so you're gonna get a lotta mixed takes. There's also controversial choices Nintendo took with pricing so that just soured people already down on it even more.

It's a solid Zelda. Not the best, but certainly not the worst Zelda has to offer (IMO people who say this don't remember the DS games, 4 Swords,
or the 3DS co-op game). It probably has some of the best storytelling Zelda's ever had as well.

DQ11 is a fantastic RPG, but do know this: The DQ franchise is as traditional RPG as you can get. No frills, no gimmicks, it's tried and true turnbased combat and world exploration and tooooons of dialogue. Personally, I adore it (Still need to finish it tho lul), but it definitely hinges on whether or not you're an RPG guy, 'cause there's not really any gimmick there to try and appeal to non-hardcore RPG folks.

The game is also Kirby game levels of easy or super hard depending on your difficulty selections, and there unfortunately isn't really an inbetween.

For what it's worth, it managed to win Scott the Woz over.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero

This never occured to me when I watched Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie when I was young, but now watching this scene as of today makes me realise how badly done the CGI was.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also Lucario and the Mystery of Mew I’ve heard is good.

I’ve still gotta get around to watching it myself.

I have fond memories of the Darkrai movie, but I don’t think it was that good in hindsight.
Lucario and the Mystery of Mew is great, easily one of the best. Manaphy’s movie was alright. Victini’s was ok.

out of the later films though the reboot films with Marshadow, Lugia, and secrets of the jungle all seem pretty good.

Ive only gotten to watch the marshadow one though. It was a cool re telling.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I also discovered that Richter's VA in Smash is the Richter VA who recorded "Die monster! You don't belong in this world!" It's interested to hear that Richter voice in a game that doesn't have super compressed voice over quality.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Finally got the Arthur and Sophia spirits.

Now I wait for Razewing Ratha to go into regular rotation then I'll once again reclaim the title of owning all spirits.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Skyward Sword is a game of very high highs and... well the lows aren't that bad honestly. The HD remake is fixing the major lows that were previously there.

It's the best story Zelda has ever told with the best characterization. It has a lot that BotW was just lacking and I'll love it for that.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
You know what, screw it. I've compiled a small list of some other things Smash VAs have been in. Things ya don't think of when you hear "Smash VAs"

The Land Before Time
Veggie Tales
Disney's House Of Mouse
Pixar's Soul
Helluva Boss
Sesame Street
The Little Mermaid II
Clifford The Big Red Dog
The Real Ghostbusters
Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind
Bubsy 3D
Bendy And The Ink Machine
Amphibia
Marvel Super Hero Squad Online

Slime Master

Smash Ace

Skyward Sword is a plenty fine Zelda, but it's a controversial one so you're gonna get a lotta mixed takes. There's also controversial choices Nintendo took with pricing so that just soured people already down on it even more.

It's a solid Zelda. Not the best, but certainly not the worst Zelda has to offer (IMO people who say this don't remember the DS games, 4 Swords,
or the 3DS co-op game). It probably has some of the best storytelling Zelda's ever had as well.

DQ11 is a fantastic RPG, but do know this: The DQ franchise is as traditional RPG as you can get. No frills, no gimmicks, it's tried and true turnbased combat and world exploration and tooooons of dialogue. Personally, I adore it (Still need to finish it tho lul), but it definitely hinges on whether or not you're an RPG guy, 'cause there's not really any gimmick there to try and appeal to non-hardcore RPG folks.

The game is also Kirby game levels of easy or super hard depending on your difficulty selections, and there unfortunately isn't really an inbetween.

For what it's worth, it managed to win Scott the Woz over.
I've found difficulty seems to be highly dependent on what kind of player you are. People who mostly avoid enemy encounters and rush the game can struggle even on easy mode, but if you're a slower player things will probably feel a lot easier. It also helps a lot to be familiar with the franchise, since it helps to decide what abilities are good and gives you some ideas of how threatening each enemy is. IMO turning on just stronger monsters is "medium" difficulty, but I might not be the best person to ask about that.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You know what, screw it. I've compiled a small list of some other things Smash VAs have been in. Things ya don't think of when you hear "Smash VAs"

The Land Before Time
Veggie Tales
Disney's House Of Mouse
Pixar's Soul
Helluva Boss
Sesame Street
The Little Mermaid II
Clifford The Big Red Dog
The Real Ghostbusters
Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind
Bubsy 3D
Bendy And The Ink Machine
Amphibia
Marvel Super Hero Squad Online
Which VA is in Hellva Boss?

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Yeah imma need these specifically
Which VA is in Hellva Boss?
Pixar's Soul - Jeanne Tirado (Female Byleth) voiced the principal of the school Joe Gardner teaches at.
Helluva Boss -Erika Lindbeck (Futaba) voiced Loona, and Xander Mobus (Joker, The Announcer, Master Hand and Crazy Hand) voiced extras.
Clifford The Big Red Dog - Cam Clarke (Male Corrin) has voiced various minor roles for a few diffirent Clifford shows/movies.
Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind - Calm Clarke voiced Asbel.
Bubsy 3D - Lani Minella (Larry, Morton, Wendy, Lemmy, Lucas, and Lyn) voiced Bubsy
Bendy And The Ink Machine - Lani Minella voiced Lacie Benton
Amphibia - Keith Silverstein (Simon) voiced Barry, and Roger Craig Smith (Sonic) voiced various extras in season 2.
Thanks Behind The Voice Actors and Wikipedia, ayy lmao

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Pixar's Soul - Jeanne Tirado (Female Byleth) voiced the principal of the school Joe Gardner teaches at.
Helluva Boss -Erika Lindbeck (Futaba) voiced Loona, and Xander Mobus (Joker, The Announcer, Master Hand and Crazy Hand) voiced extras.
Clifford The Big Red Dog - Cam Clarke (Male Corrin) has voiced various minor roles for a few diffirent Clifford shows/movies.
Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind - Calm Clarke voiced Asbel.
Bubsy 3D - Lani Minella (Larry, Morton, Wendy, Lemmy, Lucas, and Lyn) voiced Bubsy
Bendy And The Ink Machine - Lani Minella voiced Lacie Benton
Amphibia - Keith Silverstein (Simon) voiced Barry, and Roger Craig Smith (Sonic) voiced various extras in season 2.
Thanks Behind The Voice Actors and Wikipedia, ayy lmao
Oh lol I forgot Erika Lindbeck was loona lol

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
he-e-heu-hey g yaguys

wh-whtif the last deelsee slort is l-like ratchet and clank?

(Said with a slurred voice)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I also discovered that Richter's VA in Smash is the Richter VA who recorded "Die monster! You don't belong in this world!" It's interested to hear that Richter voice in a game that doesn't have super compressed voice over quality.
Uhhhh no? David Vincent only started voicing Richter In the Rondo of Blood remake which included a redub of SotN, but that dub was heavily rewritten and doesn't include the famous line, the original was Scott McCulloch

Rizen

Smash Legend

SS is my lowest rated of the 3D LoZs but it still gets a solid 8/10. I actually thought the sword combat was very well done. It falls short in other areas though. The other motion controls felt gimmicky, especially aiming didn't work very well. Visually the game looks very much like a video game with trees and objects pasted in rather than looking like a natural world (giant logs to push down cliffs for shortcuts). For the most part I didn't care for the level design or enemy design (the boss of the sand ship and imprisoned just looked stupid). And finally Fi was greatly overused.
With all that said, I would still recommend it, although not over other zeldas. LoZs are known for excellent quality, good length and strong gameplay and SS is no exception.

I remember when Kirby was actually hard. The first kirby on gameboy didn't have copy abilities so you were forced to suck up stars to damage bosses.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Really? Not John Cena or The Rock or The Undertaker? I mean, I trust your word as a fan I’m just surprised.
to you and other outsiders it’d be a surprise…but he’s literally the reason WWE got into gaming crossovers, so yes him. Before UpUpDownDown, WWE only bothered with having games made by THQ and later on 2K. Now they constantly have team ups with people like Smosh Games, IGN, Greg Miller, and even did a 3v3 game of Street Fighter V with another trio tag team outside of their company known as The Elite (and WWE ****ing hates doing work with other large companies).

also they do things with Marvel and DC because of him and Batista, but that aside

Besides…his gear with the rest of his New Day brothers has always been on point (and I ain’t even gonna go after his outside cosplay work)
C2DB6E92-1610-4648-9311-2980F162BD16.jpeg
8C1FAC53-956D-4B48-A160-0712659FC7B0.jpeg
71A34864-8695-42F0-94D5-A28C3B0D0578.jpeg
E3F8BE85-4130-499A-B0F9-DBE56D8A21A9.jpeg
7D24F14D-3797-4EAA-8245-84E711506BB6.jpeg
E1321E59-9197-4004-AE00-3C0B4FCE6ED6.jpeg
B60F01B9-DB9A-4F5D-9E83-C76CCE093777.jpeg
76100566-9B74-4BEE-B1F2-177B3D46BB4A.jpeg
and of course what they’re wearing now besides their Schoolhouse Rock attire
9045D302-6556-4580-81AD-1E976CD52F28.jpeg
and yeah this made for an excuse to show off just some of his excellent tastes…even left out him doing the FF7 victory theme with Francesca the Trombone

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom