• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Damn heat has been driving me insane all day. Why I haven't really socialized on here today. Drove me insane to the point I eventually went down into my basement which won't be finished for years from now.

Going over to sleep at my dad's place tonight since the basement is cooler and sleep in the downstairs bedroom.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Kobi.jpg

Kobi2.jpg

How I feel right now after finding out one of my three IRL friends and of 8 years is having a kid tonight. That was a shock to hear.

****ing hell I'm getting old as I hear that.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This damn heat has also been irritating my digestive system and bowel syndrome more.

Ugh to think I'm probably gonna have to deal with this until Tuesday. Think I might sleep at dad's until then.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Uhhhh no? David Vincent only started voicing Richter In the Rondo of Blood remake which included a redub of SotN, but that dub was heavily rewritten and doesn't include the famous line, the original was Scott McCulloch
Oh! Could've sworn that line was in a different game. Aaaand thus my lack of Castlevania knowledge shows, haha. Thanks for the correction.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So I recently learned something interesting: There is a Chinese bootleg JRPG that was released for the Sega Genesis called Barver Battle Saga: Tai Kong Zhan Shi. A game company not too long called Piko Interactive went and put it on Steam (under the name Brave Battle Saga: The Legend of The Magic Warrior). So bootlegs can become official.

This said game acquisition did result in the removal of a fan translation patch from a ROM hacking site though.

Dutch Raikuna

Been a long as hell day but willing to stay up another bit.

Still so annoyed at something earlier about me trying to get park my bike but couldn't cause of some ex-para in prison tats telling me to **** off. Geez man you see that it's a bike rack.

I hate where I live people wise. Friendly bunch us Irish until you see the ones associated with the past.

So universally loved by everyone except the English.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Good Smile

WHY MUST YOU DO THIS TO MY WALLET?

This isn't even mentioning the Zagreus figure they announced earlier this year
I just bought the Nadia and Yu ones, i dont have infinite funds Good smile.

Oh **** they announced a Zag figure? I like those more than Nendos as Nendos are a pain in the ass to keep standing up lmao
...That's why they come with stands.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
One take that I'd seen a lot is this weird ass one where being anti-racist is racist. Being for equality for all races is somehow equal to advocating for oppression for minorites?

I don't get it.
If you don't believe the white man should be superior in our class system like then wanting them to be equal to others is giving those priviledges to others and that clearly means oppression as your average white dude will have to actually ****ing try harder now in general, it's like being asked to clean your room by your mother, you're clearly a victim in that scenario and nobody has ever suffered worse than that

Dutch Raikuna

One take that I'd seen a lot is this weird ass one where being anti-racist is racist. Being for equality for all races is somehow equal to advocating for oppression for minorites?

I don't get it.
Racism is racism how much people sugar coat it and bull**** the way out. They can flip it in and out but it's still the same. At the end of the day it is skin pigment cause of UV radiation. Nothing else.

I just don't like people being racist or anything along those lines. Oh look that guy is black. Oh look that guy is dating another guy. To the discriminating guy I would ask if it affects him in anyway shape or form?
Truth is....................it doesn't. He's offended cause he want's an enemy and better to hate a group than an individual.

Only people I don't like are those who are actually ****ing thick idiots and those who want to fight cause their wee daddy was in the para.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If you don't believe the white man should be superior in our class system like then wanting them to be equal to others is giving those priviledges to others and that clearly means oppression as your average white dude will have to actually ****ing try harder now in general, it's like being asked to clean your room by your mother, you're clearly a victim in that scenario and nobody has ever suffered worse than that
Wait, is that seriously the ****ing logic? That things will be harder because they're on an equal playing field?

Dutch Raikuna

Wait, is that seriously the ****ing logic? That things will be harder because they're on an equal playing field?
Yep.

Idiots.

Also dude and everyone who like's to think of how stupid our arguments about things are, read the Pale Blue Dot by Carl Sagan.

1625361437215.png

Every wannabe king, dictator, hardlad, para, fighter, sadist, corrupt CEO, power-hungry, ****, god's gift and every delusional and pitiful **** I'd like to drag out all the way to the edge of space and put their ass with eyes forced open to watch this for billions of years to show how damn worthless they really are.

Felt like I could vent the rest of my anger from far earlier today and your thing would mix. When I get angry I look at pics like this to remind of my humbleness.

Here, have a hug:
You're a good friend Wade.

Have I ever told you that?

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Depends on who you talk to, remember the US is a big country, different people have different logic with certain ideas due to how certain people behave in said areas.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It'd mean they aren't special anymore and that's just too harsh a reality for some people. Like, it's genuinely shocking how radically different **** is, look at the Olympics denying cisgender black women from competing because they have too much testosterone or had the audacity to smoke weed whereas Michael ****ing Phelps has a unique body which naturally gives him an advantage over any other swimmer and somehow isn't being denied despite pictures of him using a bong are around

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I don't get it.
All I can think of is this.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I don't get it.
It depends on how their actions actually align with their beliefs. If they claim to be anti-racist but they also seek revenge against 'all white people for past transgretions', especially if said whites haven't played any part themselves other than being born with white skin, then yes that is still racist. But being anti-racist in general is not on its own racist.

We all need to own the fact that no one choose to be born, no one chooses who they were conceived from and no one chooses what their skin colour will be when they are born. No one chose to be black, no one chose to be white.

The unfortunate thing is there's a lot of people that simply find comfort in just seeking an enemy. Sometimes for superficial reasons such as skin colour. The 'Us vs. Them' mentality that has existed throughout our history as a species, so it is a tough mindset to erase in our culture.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Hypothetically with Studio Trigger helping with that Star Wars anime project that means that Star Wars is now an eligible franchise to join Super Robot Wars.
I'm not sure how to take that.

It depends on how their actions actually align with their beliefs. If they claim to be anti-racist but they also seek revenge against 'all white people for past transgretions', especially if said whites haven't played any part themselves other than being born with white skin, then yes that is still racist. But being anti-racist in general is not on its own racist.

We all need to own the fact that no one choose to be born, no one chooses who they were conceived from and no one chooses what their skin colour will be when they are born. No one chose to be black, no one chose to be white.

The unfortunate thing is there's a lot of people that simply find comfort in just seeking an enemy. Sometimes for superficial reasons such as skin colour. The 'Us vs. Them' mentality that has existed throughout our history as a species, so it is a tough mindset to erase in our culture.
I wanted to explain this but i dont know how to articulate my words very well, but yeah i agree with this.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

I just want to say that when people usually say white people, they're usually referring to the ones that are running our country, running our economy, and making laws or allowing policies that take down minorities in general.

Anyone who legitimately believes all should be taken down are usually not worth talking to. But the fact is it is usually white people enacting those policies

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, this Star Wars: Visions thing. The folks who did the cutscenes for Wario Land: Shake It are working on this, so it's automatically top tier. :yeahboi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom