• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
The first four series of Britain's Got Talent were great and then it just went downhill from the fifth season onwards. Just like you said, the sob stories and the unreliability of the British public vote are one of the reasons why I cannot stand these reality tv shows.

I remember the time that I watched the likes of Bruce Forsythe's Generation Game, You Bet with Matthew Kelly, Going for Gold with Henry Kelly, Gladiators, Family Fortunes with Les Dennis and Catchphrase with Roy Walker. Those were great times back then....
1. Roy Walker is an underrated national treasure of the UK and Northern Ireland. The man's Belfast accent fitted Catchphrase near perfectly.

2. Oh dear god the sob stories of BGT. They are so sobby it's cringe.

D

Deleted member

Just so you know, if you lose your connection mid match too many times the game will automatically give you a temporary ban without anyone having to report you.

It sucks but I know from experience that if games didn't implement things like that, everyone would be rage quitting to preserve their GSP.
Gotcha. Those past bans on my accounts from the first and second generation Xbox were still funny though. XD

Also, I'm probably going to have to give up anime fighters with tight combo executions, because I've recently discovered the lag delay of arcade sticks from this system. Someone already pointed this out, which is why he prefers pads. I was wondering why I was struggling to do expert to veteran missions at the very beginning of purchasing them. That's really sad.

For online fighters specifically, I would need to get a wired adaptor for a wired connection, then a wireless arcade stick. Due to having problems blocking at the time with a wireless connection with a delayed wired arcade stick, I'm going to have even worse delay on my end having a wireless arcade stick. In Fighting Ex Layer AD and Samurai Shodown 7, I would have to work extra hard to keep up with the pros, due to this. So, I guess my purchases are limited to Blazing Strike and Phantom Omnia. Unfortunately, I can't being out a greater range of potential with my wireless controller, because I was at my limit with them in fighting games long ago.

When I play fighting games on PC, there is no lag response at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
My favorite Smash Ultimate remixes include the aforementioned F-Zero medley, as well as Psycho Soldier Theme, Cross Your Heart, at least half of the Mega Man remixes, all three Namco remixes, Snake Eater, 11th Street, and the new Light Plane remix.

As for the series as a whole, there's too many to list but two that immediately come to mind for me are Norfair and the Mysterious Murasame Castle medley

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Kazuya lvl9 CPU are part of the key to unlock his potential I feel.

Just look at this.
Disgustingly awesome.

Dutch Raikuna

Favourite Smash Remix? Easily the Xenoblade 2 medley. Like man I teared up the first time at Leftherian Archipelago part as the piece was so beautiful.

Aerith's Theme, I'll Face Myself, Flash Man Stage and Banquet of Nature to round out the top 5.

Wait until you see America's Got Talent
Yeah it's sob stories like this made up that makes so it cringe:

-My name is Jimmy and I'm from insert working class town. My talent is pig farming but my life is fully of tragedy.
-When I was 4 I was diagnosed with Dead Fruit Syndrome where I can see dead fruit in places no else can. They tell me things.
-When I was 10 my sister died after jumping into a volcano to win a bet. She won the Darwin Award for the year but I had a fear of rocks ever since so it was very hard for me.
-And then when I was 15 my neighbourhood cat bit it's own head off. Poor Peter I knew him too well.
-And THEN when I was 21 I broke my leg while playing football with an abnormally small tire.
-I'm doing this...........so I help my family become pig farmers and with my talent I'm going to show the world that pig farming is a talent.

dramatic music plays Random pics of the guy and cheap narrating.

Judges: GOLD BUZZER!

Am I right or am I right for it?

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Favorite Ultimate remixes?

Ice Man, Snake Man, Divine Bloodlines, Out of Time, Guiles Theme, Beneath the Mask, Psycho Solider (Both versions), ARMS Grand Prix, Ramen Bowl, The Arch-illager, Karma, Landscape Under the Ghost Kaminano,

and my current undeniable fav, Banquet of Nature

dezeray112

Smash Hero
1. Roy Walker is an underrated national treasure of the UK and Northern Ireland. The man's Belfast accent fitted Catchphrase near perfectly.
Well as Roy Walker once said on the show, "It's good, but it's not right." But I still find Roy Walker's version of Catchphrase a lot more memorable than Stephen Mulhern's version in which they changed the format so much, that it is too complex.

In addition, the children's tv shows today are nowhere near as memorable or even good as the shows in the 90's.

Another show worth mentioning is Robot Wars which is another show that was prime back in the day for the BBC.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Well as Roy Walker once said on the show, "It's good, but it's not right." But I still find Roy Walker's version of Catchphrase a lot more memorable than Stephen Mulhern's version in which they changed the format so much.

In addition, the children's tv shows today are nowhere near as memorable or even good as the shows in the 90's.
Honestly I've never liked the likes of Stephen Mulhern, Dermot O'Leary and all of them. They are just irritable and like the most shoehorned presenters I've seen on British TV. They lack a character the ones in the 90s had.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Doki Doki Literature Club is such an amazing and wholesome gaming experience

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Double post
What am I gonna do? There’s nothing coming. I hate that. Why can’t announcements and presentations always be announced months ahead of time like e3
Play your backlogs. Get a new hobby. Go outside and find something to do. There's plenty of things to do.

But seriously, how do I access the Solstice ending?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom