• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm still very salty about TLOU2 winning more many game awards than Ghost of Tsushima as was the far, far better game from them.
I'm still salty over both Insomniac Spider-Man games not winning any awagrd at them TGAs...but that's totally bias on my part

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sea of Thieves (while far from the best game the studio has ever made lol) is still a really good and charming game with a lot of the classic Rare spirit. I was more so talking about Everwild based on everything we know/knew about it.

And they, Sony especially, are talentless because they’re no longer embracing creativity and are basically making endless copies of the same game with different coats of paint and backgrounds. You wanna explore an interactive zombie movie? How about a samurai one? A superhero one? A mythology one? A cool post-apocalyptic one with robot animals? No? You don’t want an interactive movie? Well how about we give you an interactive Pixar movie! Is that better!
Eh, almost all of those games are good and have unique gameplay elements.

Like, I get getting tired of the over-focus on open-world action games but this is like saying all Nintendo platformers are copies of each other.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'm still salty over both Insomniac Spider-Man games not winning any awagrd at them TGAs...but that's totally bias on my part
Nah dude.

I'm not even into Marvel but damn Spider-Man PS4 was amazing of a game. Forgot to add them in my examples despite having completed it like three times.

To me it was one of the biggest surprises this gen. One of the best £30/$50 on sale games I've spent.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
And they, Sony especially, are talentless because they’re no longer embracing creativity and are basically making endless copies of the same game with different coats of paint and backgrounds. You wanna explore an interactive zombie movie? How about a samurai one? A superhero one? A mythology one? A cool post-apocalyptic one with robot animals? No? You don’t want an interactive movie? Well how about we give you an interactive Pixar movie! Is that better!
That's not a lack of talent, these games are, on a technical level, of a great level of excellence.
The problem is a lack of vision and diversity in the portfolio and even then that really only extends to a basic artstyle and to a slight extent, genre.

Dutch Raikuna

Sea of Thieves (while far from the best game the studio has ever made lol) is still a really good and charming game with a lot of the classic Rare spirit. I was more so talking about Everwild based on everything we know/knew about it.

Snake mind if I ask you a question?

Explain how the same between pic A and pic B is:

Ghost of.jpg

Horizon Zero Dawn™_20170303195823.jpg

OK guys this is half of an excuse to showcase my old skills at photo mode.

If I had a nickel everytime someone’s said this I’d make Jeff Bezos look like nothing
Well he is worthless being a rich ****. The worth is in the heart or some cringe in a TV show.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
There's also a big difference between being a cinematic game and being an interactive movie.
Sony's titles are the former with how they make utility of various film techniques in the crafting of their games, God of War is pretty unique for being a one shot take and the tricks it uses to achieve that vision, the latter would be something like Until Dawn which also actually does a good job of evoking classic B-Movie horror vibes, sucks that the devs haven't been able to recapture that feeling with the Dark Pictures anthology they've got going

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Snake mind if I ask you a question?

Explain how the same between pic A and pic B is:

View attachment 321322

View attachment 321324

OK guys this is half of an excuse to showcase my old skills at photo mode.

Well he is worthless being a rich ****. The worth is in the heart or some cringe in a TV show.
Honestly you could tell me those were two cutscenes focusing on two different characters in two different levels in the same game and I would buy it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Wait, you guys actually have money to buy games full price?
I wish I did (I'm somewhat close on the eshop), 'cuz the more time passes, the more I want to play Miitopia...

...but I also know I have other games on the shells, so atm i'm like:
thinking really hard.gif

Dutch Raikuna

Wait, you guys actually have money to buy games full price?

You'd be surprised at how much money you save when you **** up IRL relationships and not pay for public transport.

By the way the first half I wouldn't recommended unless you are introverted.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
God. I’m just imagining all the cool things I wish would happen. But they’re not happening. And that’s disappointing. Like…. Just why?

Also, pleas Nintendo, give DK something for his anniversary. I can’t fathom how you remembered Metroid’s anniversary and not DK’s.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nah dude.

I'm not even into Marvel but damn Spider-Man PS4 was amazing of a game. Forgot to add them in my examples despite having completed it like three times.

To me it was one of the biggest surprises this gen. One of the best £30/$50 on sale games I've spent.
I legit didn't think any superhero game would top Arkham City before that Parker Luck took back his crown. Too bad Pete had to deal with Kratos and Cowboys (tho tbf GoW and RDR did earn those wins), and then the few minor awards Miles got...went on to lose to TLOU2
Sony...talentless because they’re no longer embracing creativity and are basically making endless copies of the same game with different coats of paint and backgrounds...superhero one?
so that's how we gonna play Web-Head huh
20210614_181411.jpg

Noipoi

Howdy!
God. I’m just imagining all the cool things I wish would happen. But they’re not happening. And that’s disappointing. Like…. Just why?

Also, pleas Nintendo, give DK something for his anniversary. I can’t fathom how you remembered Metroid’s anniversary and not DK’s.
Metroid got a new game on its anniversary because the game was ready Y’know?

Whatever this new DK is, just isn’t ready for release yet. I’d rather it come out whenever it’s good to go instead of rushing it to meet an anniversary.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Whatever this new DK is, just isn’t ready for release yet. I’d rather it come out whenever it’s good to go instead of rushing it to meet an anniversary.
Metroid fans also didn't get a game in over a decade, even more years considering many don't like Other M.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

You do know that like…. it’s not wrong to hope for a game to get a new installment to celebrate its anniversary. If anything you’ed think they’ed try to make sure that stuff would be ready during those years because of marketing. Also like… until a game is announced it doesn’t exist. Yes, someone is technically working on it before it’s announced, but when things go as planned we can’t know about it before then. So until it’s announced, there is no new DK game to be ready when it’s ready.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You do know that like…. it’s not wrong to hope for a game to get a new installment to celebrate its anniversary.
Yeah no duh you think I don’t want this game? You think I don’t wanna see DK get something for his anniversary? I was spamming DK gifs in the thread for weeks before E3, I wanna see this game announced more than any other Nintendo IP right now.

But it wasn’t announced, and it’s looking like there won’t be a DK game this year. And I realize that’s probably for the best.

If anything you’ed think they’ed try to make sure that stuff would be ready during those years because of marketing.
**** happens man, it just ain’t ready rn.

Also like… until a game is announced it doesn’t exist. Yes, someone is technically working on it before it’s announced, but when things go as planned we can’t know about it before then. So until it’s announced, there is no new DK game to be ready when it’s ready.
Nah bro, there are times when you can definitely tell something’s up even if nothings been announced or even leaked.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
playing the Monika simulator...and I literally got **** blocked by the game for wanting to hang out with her

Doki Doki is on some bull****
the Natsumi is just gonna puke herself to buffness while Yuri "not Lowenthal" is gonna stab herself to death and Sayori gets stuck hanging around all by herself anyways...just let a man rush towards having Monika without deleting files

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m not quite sure what you mean by this. Because like… I just don’t understand so please explain.
Not the fact that a DK game isn’t coming out this year, that’s kinda lame.

The fact that this DK game will not release this year is most likely because they’re taking all the time they need with it, meaning it’ll be the best it can be.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
But, DKC has more ****ty levels than Mario World. Lightning Lookout, Rocket Rush, Animal Antics, Toxic Tower, just to name a few.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not the fact that a DK game isn’t coming out this year, that’s kinda lame.

The fact that this DK game will not release this year is most likely because they’re taking all the time they need with it, meaning it’ll be the best it can be.
You mean the game we have no reason to believe even exists besides the words of some leakers. Until we see concrete evidence of it, they are not working on it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
MARVEL FANS STAY CALM CAUSE WE GOT A SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME LEAK VIA LEGO MERCH
AND POSSIBLY A COSTUME LEAK UNLESS DECOY OR CONCEPT ART LIKE WITH HOMECOMING
20210701_121037.jpg
AIGAKAGAJAGAKAGAKAGAKAGAJDGSJGAKAHAJSGDODJ

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alright fine sure, it doesn’t exist. Whatever man.
I want it to. I really want it to. But like we don’t know. Which is why they should announce it. Then we can actually start, ya know, looking forward to it.

Remember, a game doesn’t have to come out the year it’s revealed. See: Splatoon 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom