• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
should probably be another great movie (and despite Cole...cause we can ignore him), I'd say the movie was funny thanks yo Kano

better idea...watch both movies. Scorpion's Revenge is probably the best MK movie like...ever

where else will you see Scorpion choke out Daffy after breaking into the WB logo and dragging him to hell?

Horizon is something that still has personality and great gameplay, so there's still some games that aren't being TLOU2 style (GOW seemingly still keeps up with being amazing gameplay wise as well)
Heh. He thinks god of war is still focusing on delivering great gameplay.

Also nah. Not gonna watch em. Not till…. Idk. Not till I care enough.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
should probably be another great movie (and despite Cole...cause we can ignore him), I'd say the movie was funny thanks yo Kano
One of the positives I'll admit, sadly wasn't enough to save the generic, lifeless blandfest it was.

The stupid fact to he died by having a lawn gnome shoved into his eye...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't know what was dumber.

Pouring whiskey over the control panel to save the day (Godzilla vs. Kong. As much as its my favorite movie this year, this part was absolutely dumb) or dying to a ******* lawn gnome shoved into your eye (Mortal Kombat 2021)

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So if anyone had watched Britain's Got Talent eight years ago and remembered when this particular incident happened when a random violinist started throwing eggs at Simon Cowell in the middle of an act's performance:

I can't believe that she has gone on to compose the musical score for Disney+ Marvel Studios' Loki and she did a brilliant job.

Well, I am still highly disappointed with Simon McQuoid's take on the Mortal Kombat reboot in which despite only the first thirteen minutes of the film as the only good aspect, it just stumbled afterwards that left me underwhelmed.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So be me at the library, typing away on a new story idea.

Then some hyperactive wee girl runs in and constantly taps me with a book for no reason......
lwfmakpp-720.jpg

Thanks kid for breaking my concentration. Now I can't think. Took me 15 minutes to get the ball rolling again.

Dammit Nintendo, not aga- oh wait...

Dammit Sony, not again.
And this my friends is one of the reasons why we need a grand reset of places like YouTube. Cause all this copyright/fair use and the whole ordeal of what should be allowed should have been predicted by companies years ago when the Internet became a thing but it's too late for them.

**** YouTube.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if a whole bunch of indie devs just abandoned Playstation because of the ****ty policies.

Especially when it results in dire sales like this:

They just want their triple ayyyyyyy schlock
It is **** like this is why I'm seriously thinking of moving to Xbox or just keep to Nintendo. Screwing over the Japanese studios and indies, going for blockbuster only, the PS4 to PS5 upgrade issues, the pointless ground up remake of TLOU already. They are going backwards.

Funny how Nintendo has been amazing to indies in recent years to the point of allowing them in games like Smash and the exclusive directs.

So if anyone had watched Britain's Got Talent eight years ago and remembered when this particular incident happened when a random violinist started throwing eggs at Simon Cowell in the middle of an act's performance:

Honestly looking at BGT I can never ever of all shows take that one seriously with how dramatic and all it is. Even worse when you look at the reality of it all and how some sob stories are actually.

Take away soap operas and reality shows and I guarantee you the intelligence levels of a fifth of the nation will go up by 10% at least.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Double Post
You all need to see this!
What did I just witness

Cause things, excitement and explosions make money for a human race where the majority increasingly short attention spans.

They were riding high on 4 but gonna get shut down on 5.
Weird considering the entire online space is filled with nothing but praise for Sony and the PS5. I hope they get knocked down soon. But apparently what they’re doing is directly appealing to their audience, somehow. And adaptive triggers are more important then a variety of games.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Heh. He thinks god of war is still focusing on delivering great gameplay.

Also nah. Not gonna watch em. Not till…. Idk. Not till I care enough.
Snake being a smart mouth and then not caring about the best MK movie...
RCO015_1618233600.jpg

...if ya know ya know
One of the positives I'll admit, sadly wasn't enough to save the generic, lifeless blandfest it was.

The stupid fact to he died by having a lawn gnome shoved into his eye...
do you really have to mention that part? Cause we can...ya know...pretend nothing happened there instead (tho I'm still annoyed by Kitana not being in the movie, but Mileena was)
Well, I am still highly disappointed with Simon McQuoid's take on the Mortal Kombat reboot in which despite only the first thirteen minutes of the film as the only good aspect, it just stumbled afterwards that left me underwhelmed.
Scorpion, Kano, and Sub Zero being the MVPs of the movie over the guy that was meant to be the top guy of the film...funny

osby

Smash Obsessed
Why does Sony want interactive movies so bad?
Because they sell, apparently but personally I found the backslash against "interactive movies" more than a little misguided. Aside from The Last of Us and I guess Death Stranding, Sony has a lot of games that focus on gameplay as much as cinematics. Grouping them all under one banner isn't really fair.

They definitely have a creativity problem but cinematics aren't the culprit in here.

Cause things, excitement and explosions make money for a human race where the majority increasingly short attention spans.

They were riding high on 4 but gonna get shut down on 5.
I mean, using exciting stuff to get people's attention is what every video game company does. Unless your focus is on storytelling or making relaxing games.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Snake being a smart mouth and then not caring about the best MK movie...
View attachment 321312
...if ya know ya know

do you really have to mention that part? Cause we can...ya know...pretend nothing happened there instead (tho I'm still annoyed by Kitana not being in the movie, but Mileena was)

Scorpion, Kano, and Sub Zero being the MVPs of the movie over the guy that was meant to be the top guy of the film...funny
I don’t know. It’s kind of a “last unicorn” situation. Like. If it had come out when I was younger I would be way more receptive to it but right now… I just want more about the games. Like, Rise of Scorpion is just the MK1 story again but with a slight focus on Scorpion because marketing. I don’t know what this one is about but like… I just don’t care about seeing MK in a movie format at this point in my life. I know NRS has nothing to do with the active creation of the films and are still plugging away at whatever they’re working on but like…. this just isn’t what I want right now. I want to know what they’re working on.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Happy Canada Day, y'all (or should I say eh?)

Have some beavers and moose to celebrate.

The Pokémon Company has declared July 1st to be Bidoof Day | iMore
Day 234- Stantler - Album on Imgur

OK I know Stantler's more of a deer but for some reason Pokemon with its 800+ creatures doesn't seem to be anything closer.

Maybe I'll do Animal Crossing inste- god dammit there are no moose there either.

Here's a deer that looks like a Moose instead, I guess. Along with the obligatory beaver.

Can we get some love for my favorite Villager Erik? He's one of the most  chill and nice Villager and he's lived next to me in every AC I've played  :): AnimalCrossing
Beaver - Animal Crossing Wiki - Nookipedia

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. Like. Where’s E3? Where’s all the stuff? When are we gonna get all the other announcements that clearly should have been in that presentation but weren’t for some reason. I’m just so bored and I’m not up for waiting for more nebulous “they’ll happen sometime” events. Give me dates! Give me something to look forward too! This sucks.

Dutch Raikuna

Weird considering the entire online space is filled with nothing but praise for Sony and the PS5. I hope they get knocked down soon. But apparently what they’re doing is directly appealing to their audience, somehow. And adaptive triggers are more important then a variety of games.
My stance on Sony is weird to say the least.

On one hand they've got some of the best writers and directors in the industry for games like God of War, The Last of Us, Ghost of Tsushima, Ratchet and Clank etc. Their games have amazing writing and stories, it's just TLOU2 when too far in a way and doesn't deserve the praise it got. ND should be turned into a movie studio without a doubt.

Some of their games have amazing concepts like Death Stranding, Horizon Zero Dawn and Ghost of Tsushima.

Just the Japan Studio **** over annoys me so much when they screwed the studio that effectively gave them their greatest game of all time (Shadow of the Colossus) and everyone else there. Destroying the studio that hosted like 1/2 of super creativity gone like that.

Because they sell, apparently but personally I found the backslash against "interactive movies" more than a little misguided. Aside from The Last of Us and I guess Death Stranding, Sony has a lot of games that focus on gameplay as much as cinematics. Grouping them all under one banner isn't really fair.

They definitely have a creativity problem but cinematics aren't the culprit in here.
I mean, using exciting stuff to get people's attention is what every video game company does. Unless your focus is on storytelling or making relaxing games.
I know, a part of me was trying to make a joke as well but I gave up.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Ok. Like. Where’s E3? Where’s all the stuff? When are we gonna get all the other announcements that clearly should have been in that presentation but weren’t for some reason. I’m just so bored and I’m not up for waiting for more nebulous “they’ll happen sometime” events. Give me dates! Give me something to look forward too! This sucks.
If you depend on constant video game advertisements to keep your life interesting, maybe you should find some hobbies.

E3 was a bit lacking this year, sure, but there were still plenty of neat announcements if you're willing to try new things.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I’m watching Markiplier’s FNAF VR reaction compilation, and in Bonniems parts and service level, he got scared ****less.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My stance on Sony is weird to say the least.

On one hand they've got some of the best writers and directors in the industry for games like God of War, The Last of Us, Ghost of Tsushima, Ratchet and Clank etc. Their games have amazing writing and stories, it's just TLOU2 when too far in a way and doesn't deserve the praise it got. ND should be turned into a movie studio without a doubt.

Some of their games have amazing concepts like Death Stranding, Horizon Zero Dawn and Ghost of Tsushima.

Just the Japan Studio **** over annoys me so much when they screwed the studio that effectively gave them their greatest game of all time (Shadow of the Colossus) and everyone else there. Destroying the studio that hosted like 1/2 of super creativity gone like that.

I know, a part of me was trying to make a joke as well but I gave up.
My stance on Sony is they own some of the most interesting, creative, and stand out properties in the gaming space with gameplay experiences you really can’t get anywhere else. But that they choose to ignore that to make more open world Grey and brown explorative third person movies in a desperate plea to win over people who don’t like games in the first place.

When Ape Escape, MediEvil, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Twisted Metal, Tomba, Legend of Dragoon, Arc the Lad, Syphon Filter, WipeOut, and Classic God of War all become franchises we can count on for regular new releases again, then you’ll have my attention again Sony. Until then, you’re just like Rare. A talentless brown husk of your former self with all the joy squeezed out of it.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
If you depend on constant video game advertisements to keep your life interesting, maybe you should find some hobbies.

E3 was a bit lacking this year, sure, but there were still plenty of neat announcements if you're willing to try new things.
Or you know, just play some games whilst you wait for more games.
No point getting excited for more of them if you're gonna be all "One and done" with a bunch of them.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Nintendo had the best presentation by far. And i’m definitely gonna try out Advance Wars, WarioWare, and Metroid Dread. But beyond that… what are you even talking about man?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Looks good… kind of…. Is it an indie game? It looks really bare bones and doesn’t look like it has much of its own identity. It looks fun, but like… super forgettable
Oddly enough, I have to agree. That does look good, but it doesn't seem to add anything new that wasn't done before.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
My stance on Sony is they own some of the most interesting, creative, and stand out properties in the gaming space with gameplay experiences you really can’t get anywhere else. But that they choose to ignore that to make more open world Grey and brown explorative third person movies in a desperate plea to win over people who don’t like games in the first place.

When Ape Escape, MediEvil, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Twisted Metal, Tomba, Legend of Dragoon, Arc the Lad, Syphon Filter, WipeOut, and Classic God of War all become franchises we can count on for regular new releases again, then you’ll have my attention again Sony. Until then, you’re just like Rare. A talentless brown husk of your former self with all the joy squeezed out of it.
Sea of Thieves is the best game Rare have ever made though, they're not "talentless" just because they're not making Banjo games.
Likewise Sony aren't lacking in "talent" just because they're not making what you want to see.

Dutch Raikuna

Also on another note of one thing about PlayStation that is very positive.

I thank them so much for bringing photo mode in games right to do the forefront cause without them, there goes like 1/3 of the creative stuff I do. I love them for that despite the ****.

I can half agree on that Snake. They really need to redo themselves to be fair but not a complete overhaul. Put ND into a movie studio and have Santa Monica, Insomniac, Sucker Punch and Japan Studio as the main quartet to lead is all I'm asking.

And also take a hobby Snake. Try creative writing or drawing. Like I love game trailers and all but I shouldn't let it dictate my life though right now looking forward to the next game/anime is a minor thing preventing me from snapping with my anxiety levels. As for me E3 kinda proved I'm not into games as much anymore. Only thing that got me that was new was The Outer Worlds 2.

And as I've said to people like my friend Lamperouge Lamperouge since I've gotten my "Holy Grail" of Smash announcements (Second Xenoblade rep) and game announcements (TWEWY sequel) so everything else is a tick off the list. By the way Lamp I just tagged you cause of Xenoblade rep and you know me in my tastes.

PS fans are the most notorious when it comes for "Muh Graphics! Muh Realism".

And interactive movies deliver on just that
I'm still very salty about TLOU2 winning more many game awards than Ghost of Tsushima as was the far, far better game from them.

Still hurts man.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sea of Thieves is the best game Rare have ever made though, they're not "talentless" just because they're not making Banjo games.
Likewise Sony aren't lacking in "talent" just because they're not making what you want to see.
Sea of Thieves (while far from the best game the studio has ever made lol) is still a really good and charming game with a lot of the classic Rare spirit. I was more so talking about Everwild based on everything we know/knew about it.

And they, Sony especially, are talentless because they’re no longer embracing creativity and are basically making endless copies of the same game with different coats of paint and backgrounds. You wanna explore an interactive zombie movie? How about a samurai one? A superhero one? A mythology one? A cool post-apocalyptic one with robot animals? No? You don’t want an interactive movie? Well how about we give you an interactive Pixar movie! Is that better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom