• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Doki Doki really had to have some bangers tho...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X appreciate the spoiler tag, but tbh I think there's definitely more to the game, so I'm not clicking it because no way they ended it like that. That computer is definitely evil.
Well, won't say much

But that spoiler tag doesn't have much spoilers in it, 'cuz you're right, there's more to it.

How do you access that stuff?

Make sure to look around...or click the spoiler tag, the answer is here.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I... finished OneShot?

That's a really strange ending...
It's not over yet!

I can explain more later after work, or maybe Metal Shop X Metal Shop X can, but you're not done quite yet.

EDIT: Looks like they already pointed y'all in the right direction, lol.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'm in the library and want to write............................but I don't know what to write.

I hate being indecisive.

D

Deleted member

You never told us that you lived inside Kris Kringle himself!
Actually, I live in a city just inside Kentucky, but I work out-of-state in Indiana.

It’s a bit weird, because technically I fall under the laws of two states when it comes to labor laws, and I am legally obligated to follow both.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
osby osby , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , NonsensicalThings NonsensicalThings

Gotta ask you all something.

You....ever wondered if you had sometime too much power?

Like so much power that you were able to do things that, once they're done, you kinda wonder why you did it in the first place? And if it's only going to bring you misery and despair in the long run?

If that question seem a bit to strange to you....well

I guess you could say it's a bit...

Omogus.png

Sunny Sussy

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Actually, I live in a city just inside Kentucky, but I work out-of-state in Indiana.

It’s a bit weird, because technically I fall under the laws of two states when it comes to labor laws, and I am legally obligated to follow both.
It was a joke Baku

NonsensicalThings

Smash Apprentice
osby osby , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , NonsensicalThings NonsensicalThings

Gotta ask you all something.

You....ever wondered if you had sometime too much power?

Like so much power that you were able to do things that, once they're done, you kinda wonder why you did it in the first place? And if it's only going to bring you misery and despair in the long run?

If that question seem a bit to strange to you....well

I guess you could say it's a bit...

deleting my smashboards account rn /s

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The difference is, a paused game can be resumed at some point. A cancelled game legally can not. That’s actually why very few games have truly been “cancelled” and we instead usually just stop hearing things about it.
A Cancelled game can definitely legally be restarted. There’s been movies, games, and TV shows that were cancelled and have been restarted multiple times. Metroid Dread was literally just shown off and in like 2011 Sakamoto confirmed it was cancelled. Saying “paused” or “indefinitely postponed” is just a PR way of saying yeeeeah we’re probably just not gonna do that without getting the bad press from the word cancelled
I wonder what the common thread between the former two games was.
It couldn't be that both games had their own wealth of issues that massively turned people away. Nope, no on-disc dlc, no ****ty visuals, no "making one of the main villains of the story mode a DLC character and revealing that 6 months before launch" or anything like that and certainly no silly marketing terms that just pissed people off.

Meanwhile BBTAG is a low budget asset dump outside of like, 7 characters and ArcSys games don't need to do gangbusters to be a success anyway

The market analysts sound like idiots if they're gonna ignore the context behind the numbers.
Market Analysts in general are all about the numbers and that’s it. They look at the surface level, look for patterns, and then connect the dots prematurely. It’s dumb as **** and yeah BBTAG was not a failure but analysts who just look at the sales see it as one.

Didn't Harada himself say that wasn't the case? I read that it was just some punk trying to start a fuss.
It’s been “paused” for years now and even Harada earlier this year said that Market Analysts couldn’t find a “reason” for it to exist because of failures like SFxTK, MvC:I, and BBTAG even though that last one really isn’t a failure at all.

Edit: Don’t get me wrong, I would love to be wrong but the only thing Harada has said over the past year or so about Tekken X Street Fighter was a point to ask “does anyone even want this game?” And even with a resounding yes from Twitter, that’s not a good look for a game that should’ve been well into production by that point.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Seems like Nintendo of Japan changed their internal structure to be more inclusove torwards LGBT

How ****ing ironic that the one company that doesn't change their logo to rainbow did more than the rest of these corporations that did.
How does Nintendo can be so nice with their employees, yet hate fanwork so much?
dante science.png
This make my brain hurt sometime.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
imma fight that damn cloner

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
ok that’s it you is a dead man Jackal for cloning my comment…bout to Gwen yo ass

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Nintendo & Sony are in this battle to see who can be the worst toward their fanbases.

Whoever win, we all loses no matter what, sooo atleast it's fair I guess.
Sony has the added bonus of being garbage to their devs as well? You guys read the rant that an indie dev had?
Language later down in the thread.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Sony has the added bonus of being garbage to their devs as well? You guys read the rant that an indie dev had?
Language later down in the thread.
I was going to say something, but honestly, I think all points been made here.

Companies aren't your friend, folks, never forget that.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if a whole bunch of indie devs just abandoned Playstation because of the ****ty policies.

Especially when it results in dire sales like this:
Another publisher who wished to remain anonymous told us some exact sales figures for one small indie release they named but asked us to withhold. The game sold around 20,000 copies on Xbox, compared to just 7,000 on PlayStation. However, when it came to releasing DLC, the Microsoft console saw 2,000 units shift, while, “On Sony, and [this is] not a ****ing joke, until today, 7.”
They just want their triple ayyyyyyy schlock

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

I can already tell this is gonna be better and funner than what was Mortal Komplaint: Rise of Cole.

Overall really hyped having enjoyed the first one! Wish Nightwolf was amongst the cast, perhaps potentially a 3rd film?

SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I can already tell this is gonna be better and funner than what was Mortal Komplaint: Rise of Cole.

Overall really hyped having enjoyed the first one! Wish Nightwolf was amongst the cast, perhaps potentially a 3rd film?

Eh. Never bothered with the last one and no real urge to bother with its sequel. At this point I just want more info about the games.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if a whole bunch of indie devs just abandoned Playstation because of the ****ty policies.

Especially when it results in dire sales like this:

They just want their triple ayyyyyyy schlock
If you read up on Sony, it's more and more clear that they simply focus on having these big band cinematic games with impressive visuals and not much else. They shut down all studios that did otherwise that's not Insomiac, they kill studios that they made themselves despite giving them no funding or really anything to help their cool new ideas (remember PSASBR?), and then they turn away indie devs trying to get by in life with their game.

Creativity at Sony is dead, and artistic expression is a thing of the past, which, IMO, is the worst thing you can possibly do as a company.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

should probably be another great movie (and despite Cole...cause we can ignore him), I'd say the movie was funny thanks yo Kano
Eh. Never bothered with the last one and no real urge to bother with its sequel. At this point I just want more info about the games.
better idea...watch both movies. Scorpion's Revenge is probably the best MK movie like...ever

where else will you see Scorpion choke out Daffy after breaking into the WB logo and dragging him to hell?
If you read up on Sony, it's more and more clear that they simply focus on having these big band cinematic games with impressive visuals and not much else. They shut down all studios that did otherwise that's not Insomiac, they kill studios that they made themselves despite giving them no funding or really anything to help their cool new ideas (remember PSASBR?), and then they turn away indie devs trying to get by in life with their game.

Creativity at Sony is dead, and artistic expression is a thing of the past, which, IMO, is the worst thing you can possibly do as a company.
Horizon is something that still has personality and great gameplay, so there's still some games that aren't being TLOU2 style (GOW seemingly still keeps up with being amazing gameplay wise as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom