• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
That’s exactly what I was thinking…. Do you draw? Cause I almost want you to design this.

Did you not see harada’s tweet about that quote being a mistranslation and that the project is just on hold?
Harada alluded to this for years and the fact that it’s been on “indefinite hold” for quite some time now. Market analysts apparently saw the failure of games like SFxTK and MvC:I and even Blazblu Cross Tag Battle for some reason, even though that ones not really a failure, as a sign that there’s just not a market for these big crossover games. It’s been “paused” for about… well quite a while now.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
That’s exactly what I was thinking…. Do you draw? Cause I almost want you to design this.
Sorry have we met?

The idea is tempting. I wouldn’t know where to start. I’ve drawn the Pacster a bit for my new Pac-Man animated series ideas though my Take on him is a bit more traditional.
0A351676-D023-4C6E-A794-58458A10DFDC.jpeg

9878737E-F430-4E84-9D63-8980F6B4D0F3.png

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
weird that PlayStation Plus decided to pick WWE 2K Battlegrounds to be one of their free games of the month...weirdos

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sorry have we met?

The idea is tempting. I wouldn’t know where to start. I’ve drawn the Pacster a bit for my new Pac-Man animated series ideas though my Take on him is a bit more traditional.
Those are good.

I see the idea as some sort of hybrid of Mega Man X, FF7, Ghostbusters, and of course Pac-Man. Like he’s an edgy anime paranormal eliminator with a gun that mimics the power ups and abilities from the series. His uniform being the source of the classic red and yellow color pallet (such an edgy dramatic character in bright yellow is part of the joke).

D

Deleted member

After playing with Kazuya, he's well implemented. Quite the mass in priority where he gives defensive players a harder time, I would imagine. I've always believed, even if your favorite character may actually be in less priority, that should make it imperative to expand on alternatives outside of convenience. From the competitive mindset, if that applies personally, you will be a more enlightened player today of tapping into your exponential potential, than your perceived potential beforehand.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Harada alluded to this for years and the fact that it’s been on “indefinite hold” for quite some time now. Market analysts apparently saw the failure of games like SFxTK and MvC:I and even Blazblu Cross Tag Battle for some reason, even though that ones not really a failure, as a sign that there’s just not a market for these big crossover games. It’s been “paused” for about… well quite a while now.
The difference is, a paused game can be resumed at some point. A cancelled game legally can not. That’s actually why very few games have truly been “cancelled” and we instead usually just stop hearing things about it.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Those are good.

I see the idea as some sort of hybrid of Mega Man X, FF7, Ghostbusters, and of course Pac-Man. Like he’s an edgy anime paranormal eliminator with a gun that mimics the power ups and abilities from the series. His uniform being the source of the classic red and yellow color pallet (such an edgy dramatic character in bright yellow is part of the joke).
It probably wouldn’t work for your your idea but what immediately popped into my head was a human proportioned individual who’s outfit screams edgy anime protagonist but on his head is a helmet that’s just Pac-Man’s face and he wears it without a hint of irony saying like “ The face I wear is one that the ghosts fear most of all.”

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It probably wouldn’t work for your your idea but what immediately popped into my head was a human proportioned individual who’s outfit screams edgy anime protagonist but on his head is a helmet that’s just Pac-Man’s face and he wears it without a hint of irony saying like “ The face I wear is one that the ghosts fear most of all.”
Oh my god no that’s perfect! Put both ideas together and we’ve got hillarity! Maybe it blinks and moves like daft punk’s helmet?

D

Deleted member

If i was a Tekken fan i would be maining Kazuya
Excellent, excellent choice. Him, Paul, and Nina were my introductions to the first Tekken game in the 1990s. I then advantage on to everyone, due to the years of arcade competition popularity. Assuming you decide to try out this series, while it still maintains tier orientated as the rest, it's about less priority, and more matchup, and brute force experiences.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
It's the little things like the sound effects for Kazuya's moves and the close ups on his grabs that make him satisfying as hell to play.
My favorite part of playing Kazuya is pressing :GCA:

And then I keep pressing :GCA:

And then I never stop pressing :GCA: :140:

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Yeah even I had no idea the show actually existed until recently.

I remember seeing one of Amphiba's early pitches at some point a few years ago and went "Huh. Maybe that'll turn into something."

Finally spent two weeks watching it and hoo boy, that's one of the better cartoons I've seen in a bit. Really hoping they don't do season 3 dirty given how animation is treated like garbage in the west, and after what happened with "True Colors".

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Man, today’s shift was pretty weird.

I saw security get called because someone stole a bag while the family that got stolen from was tracking it’s location because the bag had a phone in it, someone unbuckled their restraints inside the tunnel where we totally don’t have a camera set up(wink wink :069:), and at one point I saw a baby literally wearing nothing but a diaper. how they got past security is beyond me. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention I got sent up to another section of the park out of nowhere because someone was doing training in my section?

To top it all off, today was unusually empty. Even for a Wednesday(which is usually the least busiest day of the week; Saturday is always the busiest) it felt like very few people actually were in the park at any one period of time.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I wonder what the common thread between the former two games was.
It couldn't be that both games had their own wealth of issues that massively turned people away. Nope, no on-disc dlc, no ****ty visuals, no "making one of the main villains of the story mode a DLC character and revealing that 6 months before launch" or anything like that and certainly no silly marketing terms that just pissed people off.

Meanwhile BBTAG is a low budget asset dump outside of like, 7 characters and ArcSys games don't need to do gangbusters to be a success anyway

The market analysts sound like idiots if they're gonna ignore the context behind the numbers.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I wonder what the common thread between the former two games was.
It couldn't be that both games had their own wealth of issues that massively turned people away. Nope, no on-disc dlc, no ****ty visuals, no "making one of the main villains of the story mode a DLC character and revealing that 6 months before launch" or anything like that and certainly no silly marketing terms that just pissed people off.

Meanwhile BBTAG is a low budget asset dump outside of like, 7 characters and ArcSys games don't need to do gangbusters to be a success anyway

The market analysts sound like idiots if they're gonna ignore the context behind the numbers.
Dont have any proof or anything but maybe the subpar sales of the Project X Zone games are involved as well.

Those games also lean in on the "Tekken X Street fighter" angle. But Virtua fighter is also there.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Wow. It's pretty sad that someone reported me on Smash Ultimate of thinking I'm a rage quitter just now. I guess that's the risk I take for being on wireless, which will occasionally drop your connection in the middle of a match. I definitely remember the days on Xbox and PS3, due to people reporting me of being too aggressive and unsporting in my approaches of winning against them, without voice connection most of the time. I've got to remember, that I'm dealing with bitter, arrogant, and derogatory youngsters again. An FYI, to myself. LOL.
Just so you know, if you lose your connection mid match too many times the game will automatically give you a temporary ban without anyone having to report you.

It sucks but I know from experience that if games didn't implement things like that, everyone would be rage quitting to preserve their GSP.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom