• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Please tell me the downloading issue for eshop has been fixed…

it hasn’t I imagine. 😩

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
for me it'd have to be

:ultalph::ultbowser::ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultcorrinf::ultdk::ultdoc::ultfalco::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ulthero::ulthero2::ulthero3::ulthero4::ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultincineroar::ultjigglypuff::ultjoker::ultjokeralt::ultkazuya::ultkingdedede::ultkirby::ultlink::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultgnw::ultness::ultolimar::ultpeach::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpit::ultpokemontrainer::ultpokemontrainerf::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultrob::ultrobin::ultrobinf::ultroy::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultsheik::ultshulk::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultalex::ultenderman::ult_terry::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultvillagerf::ultwario::ultwiifittrainerm::ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultzss:
I was a literal baby at the time for a majority of this list, and Melee was one of my 1st video games (followed by Sunshine, Wind Waker, Metroid Prime and Double Dash), so I use that as an excuse for most of them

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Cuz America is ****in weird when it comes to gender roles.

And race.

And sexuality.

And ****in everything. America sucks bro.

No one else better insult America tho

STARS AND STRIPES ******* WOOOOOOOOO
yeah the double standart still prevails!

D

Deleted member

And race.

And sexuality.

America is a good country to live in.... as long as you’re a rich white christian man.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
1. Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia) (Swordfighter) - I feel like this one's a given.

2. King (Tekken) (Brawler) - I'm guessing that we're going to get a few more Tekken Mii costumes, and King has a pretty distinct appearance. I'm not sure if the jaguar mask will be a hat or a full face mask. (they could use his Tekken 2 appearance if they didn't want to make adjustments depending on the gender of the Mii)

3. Mokujin (Tekken) (Brawler) - he seems like a Tekken character who could easily make the transition into a costume.

4. Yoshimitsu (Tekken) (Swordfighter) - I'd guess that they'd go with his Tekken 3 design - if Street Fighter x Tekken is any indication, that seems like the most popular one.

5. Nightmare (Soul Calibur) (Swordfighter) - I could see the reveal starting with an extreme zoom on Soul Edge's eye before zooming out to show the whole costume, in an inversion of the end of Soul Calibur 2's intro.

If we get a sixth costume, I'm not sure if they'd go with Dark Souls armour (default armour? Solaire's armour?), Klonoa, or something else. However, from what I recall, it seems pretty rare for a character to come with six Mii costumes in this game. Either way, I'm guessing most if not all of the focus will be on Namco-Bandai franchises.
As someone who is a Tekken fan.... I can’t see the appeal in a Mokujin costume at all lol. King I can get behind but I’d rather see Nina, Jin, or even Kuma before Mokujin.

And man I miss Smash 4 when characters came with like a dozen different Mii costumes and we got waves of costumes when we didn’t also get a character.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
As someone who is a Tekken fan.... I can’t see the appeal in a Mokujin costume at all lol. King I can get behind but I’d rather see Nina, Jin, or even Kuma before Mokujin.

And man I miss Smash 4 when characters came with like a dozen different Mii costumes and we got waves of costumes when we didn’t also get a character.
Ah, okay - I'm fairly new to Tekken (didn't play it until the Wii U), but I thought that Mokujin would work well as a costume. It could be a full-body costume like Sans or Cuphead, and he's not tied to any specific fighting style. I thought about Kuma, but I'm pretty sure there's a bear Mii costume already, so I'm not sure what would set them apart beyond the bandanna. (though I'm hoping that Kuma gets a stage cameo, if there are more characters beyond Heihachi)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ah, okay - I'm fairly new to Tekken (didn't play it until the Wii U), but I thought that Mokujin would work well as a costume. It could be a full-body costume like Sans or Cuphead, and he's not tied to any specific fighting style. I thought about Kuma, but I'm pretty sure there's a bear Mii costume already, so I'm not sure what would set them apart beyond the bandanna. (though I'm hoping that Kuma gets a stage cameo, if there are more characters beyond Heihachi)
Yeah. That’s why my preference would be Jin for the boys and Nina for the girls.

duxx

Smash Ace
Any Mii fighter costume predictions? I think we’ll get.... Lloyd (Swordfighter), Nightmare (Swordfighter), Jin Kazama (Brawler), Nina Williams (Brawler), Kuma (Brawler), Yoshimitsu (Swordfighter), some Dark Souls armor sets akin to the Monster Hunter skins, a Don-chan hat and....... maybe a Klonoa skin (Brawler).
Rayman - Brawler
Lloyd - Swordfighter
Panda/King/Roger - Brawler
Master Chief - Gunner

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Not sure if you’d be fond of my series, but what I have in mind is that the magic stuff takes place in a separate realm that would be visible from Earth if not for magical illusions and those with magic essences can freely travel back and forth, the magic realm has started seeing more Earth influence as more and more humans with magic essences show up but the magic world has a lot of dangerous forces and beings that the higher ups make sure to keep that world hidden from Earth.

For now.
Before I can give my verdict on the story, I really need to know: how did the magic people use to deal with their sanitary problems before bathrooms were invented?

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Any Mii fighter costume predictions? I think we’ll get.... Lloyd (Swordfighter), Nightmare (Swordfighter), Jin Kazama (Brawler), Nina Williams (Brawler), Kuma (Brawler), Yoshimitsu (Swordfighter), some Dark Souls armor sets akin to the Monster Hunter skins, a Don-chan hat and....... maybe a Klonoa skin (Brawler).
I’m just hoping we get a Katamari costume, like the Prince or the King.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

And race.

And sexuality.

American writers are so desperate to insert inclusion and diversirty in works that it ends up a detriment to the work itself.

Ironically ive seen a few Japanese writers handle these sorts of subjects better than American writers do it.

I think it's because American writers tend to make a characters race and sexuality their ONLY character trait and then make them steriotypes.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Probably won’t happen but I’d love a Mappy :ultswordfighter: costume

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I will keep bringing up Hollow Knight until it happens.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I want the Katamari prince, Rayman

And Monika

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
American writers are so desperate to insert inclusion and diversirty in works that it ends up a detriment to the work itself.

Ironically ive seen a few Japanese writers handle these sorts of subjects better than American writers do it.

I think it's because American writers tend to make a characters race and sexuality their ONLY character trait and then make them steriotypes.
I really hope people don’t have those thoughts about my works, even though I’m working to have a diverse cast of characters, I wanna make sure they’re well written and fit in well with the world I’ve created

They summoned tiny black holes to suck up the poopy. Got it.
If you wanna think that, I won’t stop you

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well had a lovely late at night cycle there.

Seeing the local hills in the sunset with the moon, hearing adults talking and children playing, taking it slow on the bike and of course, that one wee kid telling me to go **** myself.

Yes. This is home.

I thought to myself.

And race.

And sexuality.

America's a ****ing paradox man. That country doesn't know what it wants to be.

Murican? More like.............Murican't.

I really hope people don’t have those thoughts about my works, even though I’m working to have a diverse cast of characters, I wanna make sure they’re well written and fit in well with the world I’ve created
I think they do.

For me I'm concerned in my story about how there probably be a few people who thinks a black person can't be called Sakura without knowing the context.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

My philosophy on writing a good story with good LGBT+ characters is to make the fact that they are LGBT+ a non-issue. Those people in real don’t want to be slandered more than they already have, but at the same time, they don’ want to be put up on some sort of pedestal as somebody superior. They just want to be treated as equals. I have a noticable amount of those sorts of people in my stories, like a lesbian girl who, despite her teenage hormones making her focus on the wrong things sometimes, is a loyal friend to the main character and is a bit of a gifted journalist for her school’s newspaper. There’s also a trans girl who still hangs out with the boys she was friends with before she came out, still getting enjoyment out of superhero stuff and other things. Proper inclusion is all about treating people like people, regardless of their identity.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
for me it'd have to be

:ultalph::ultbowser::ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultcorrinf::ultdk::ultdoc::ultfalco::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ulthero::ulthero2::ulthero3::ulthero4::ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultincineroar::ultjigglypuff::ultjoker::ultjokeralt::ultkazuya::ultkingdedede::ultkirby::ultlink::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultgnw::ultness::ultolimar::ultpeach::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpit::ultpokemontrainer::ultpokemontrainerf::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultrob::ultrobin::ultrobinf::ultroy::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultsheik::ultshulk::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultalex::ultenderman::ult_terry::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultvillagerf::ultwario::ultwiifittrainerm::ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultzss:
I was a literal baby at the time for a majority of this list, and Melee was one of my 1st video games (followed by Sunshine, Wind Waker, Metroid Prime and Double Dash), so I use that as an excuse for most of them
Pretty sure I only knew the Pokemon and Mario characters cause I first played melee when I was like four lol

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
for me it'd have to be

• 64: Samus, Ness, Captain Falcon
  • Melee: Ice Climbers, Dr. Mario, Marth, Roy, Mr. Game & Watch
  • Brawl: Snake, Ike, Lucas
  • 3DS/Wii U: Corrin
  • Ultimate: N/A

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
My philosophy on writing a good story with good LGBT+ characters is to make the fact that they are LGBT+ a non-issue. Those people in real don’t want to be slandered more than they already have, but at the same time, they don’ want to be put up on some sort of pedestal as somebody superior. They just want to be treated as equals. I have a noticable amount of those sorts of people in my stories, like a lesbian girl who, despite her teenage hormones making her focus on the wrong things sometimes, is a loyal friend to the main character and is a bit of a gifted journalist for her school’s newspaper. There’s also a trans girl who still hangs out with the boys she was friends with before she came out, still getting enjoyment out of superhero stuff and other things. Proper inclusion is all about treating people like people, regardless of their identity.
Tbh that's how it is most of the time, the problem is that some people can't see a main character that is a minority without asking why are they a minority, and immediately blaming politics for it, same thing would happen with your stories I'm sure.
Just look at E3, you could see people complaining that so many games didn't have a white male protagonist this year, yet the vast majority of games had exactly that. For those people simply making a character that is not a straight white male is forced diversity.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's kinda bizarre looking at how America and Japan view the SMTV protag.

America seems to talk a lot about gender politics in regards to the protag

Japan just goes "Haha pretty boi" Draws
Androgynous looking boys cant look like girls now adays without them being labled Trans or nonbinary even if the media or artist calls them a boy

D

Deleted member

Man, today has gone by fast. It feels like I started my shift 20 minutes ago.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's kinda bizarre looking at how America and Japan view the SMTV protag.

America seems to talk a lot about gender politics in regards to the protag

Japan just goes "Haha pretty boi" Draws
Wait... the SMTV protagonist isn’t a girl? I thought they had Breasts in that demon world suit form.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Exactly, most of the entertainment industry doesnt get this, they treat characters of different races and LGBT as pets more or less.

One of the best examples i can think of of an LGBT character comes from the very series ive been shilling for the past month. Super Robot Wars.

In Super Robot Wars Terra one of the main characters (As in not one of the various anime characters that joins the group, she's an original character made for the game) is a girl named Rami, Rami joins her fathers company for a desk job but ends up in the weapons division, and on top of that she ends up piloting the experimental mech the Tyranado.

She's apprehensive at first, even afraid of having to fight, but as she sees the people around her like Spike (Cowboy Bebop), Domon (G Gundam) and Noriko (Gunbusters) fighting for the things they believes in sheworks up the courage to fight to protect the person she fell in love with, the player character who's her co pilot in the Tyranado.

The player character can either be male or female and her falling in love with the player doesnt change, in fact there's dialogue chanes in both version of the story meaning the developers canonically made Rami bisexual, which in itself is really rare in any form of entertainment.

Also am I the only one who had zero idea who Richter was before Ulimate lol
I only knew him as funny meme man when he joined smash.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
for me it'd have to be

Xenoblade would be my obvious choice and this was due to the fact when the Smash 3DS leaked a couple of the characters that include Shulk, I didn't know what the series was about and when I picked up a copy for the Wii, I thoroughly became a fan of the series ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom