• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Posted this earlier but it got buried so I'll try again.

So anyways wanted to ask the creators here an idea of a challenge I talked briefly with my friend Wademan94 Wademan94 on Discord. Using just one theme from something like anime/tv/game/movie and using the inspiration to create a completely new story synopsis. Like something you can do in 30 minutes.

For instance I'm creating an eco-futuristic slice of life story synopsis using this theme:

I'll post the final result here if anyone is interested. Well mines is done actually.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Not only have I been seeing a lot of new Metroid art, but I've been seeing a decent amount of Megaman with the new Dread suit as well.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Posted this earlier but it got buried so I'll try again.

So anyways wanted to ask the creators here an idea of a challenge I talked briefly with my friend Wademan94 Wademan94 on Discord. Using just one theme from something like anime/tv/game/movie and using the inspiration to create a completely new story synopsis. Like something you can do in 30 minutes.

For instance I'm creating an eco-futuristic slice of life story synopsis using this theme:

I'll post the final result here if anyone is interested. Well mines is done actually.
Funny you ask that.

After going on a nostalgia binge and listening to a song from the Ice Age soundtrack of all things, I got a jolt of inspiration for a story involving cavemen and aliens.

Don’t know what I’m gonna do with it, if anything. I’ll work on it for a bit and see where it goes.

Dutch Raikuna

Funny you ask that.

After going on a nostalgia binge and listening to a song from the Ice Age soundtrack of all things, I got a jolt of inspiration for a story involving cavemen and aliens.

Don’t know what I’m gonna do with it, if anything. I’ll work on it for a bit and see where it goes.
Would be cool if someone actually took up the idea.

Something that would be a page long tops.

I could ask on a place like Reddit but honestly places like that can go jump with how toxic it is.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pretty sure I only knew the Pokemon and Mario characters cause I first played melee when I was like four lol
the big leagues always stealing attention
  • 64: Samus, Ness, Captain Falcon
  • Melee: Ice Climbers, Dr. Mario, Marth, Roy, Mr. Game & Watch
  • Brawl: Snake, Ike, Lucas
  • 3DS/Wii U: Corrin
  • Ultimate: N/A
Corrin crying
Also am I the only one who had zero idea who Richter was before Ulimate lol
I’m in the club as well
Xenoblade would be my obvious choice and this was due to the fact when the Smash 3DS leaked a couple of the characters that include Shulk, I didn't know what the series was about and when I picked up a copy for the Wii, I thoroughly became a fan of the series ever since.
I haven’t played the game…don’t got the patience for it
That I didn't know of? Ice Climbers, Marth, Roy, Ike, Mr.Game and Watch, Ness and Lucas.

I can't remember if I played MKDS before Brawl myself, so maybe R.O.B too.
As far as people who's games series I played already.
:ultkazuya::ultmario::ultmegaman::ultsamus::ultryu::ultdk::ultyoshi::ultpacman::ultpikachu::ultyounglink::ultsonic::ultkirby:(Grew up with. Some more than others)
:ult_terry::ultsimon::ultcloud::ultlittlemac:(Played their series well before their inclusion)
:ultfalcon::ultminmin:ultfox::ultlucina::ultwario:(knew who he was through Mario) (Played their game/series at some point)
:ultsnake:(Watched family members play MGS)
:ulthero2:(Saw DQ8 ads)
:ultbayonetta1::ultbanjokazooie::ultinkling::ultduckhunt::ultolimar::ultpit::ultshulk::ultenderman::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer::ultjoker:(Heard of/know the characters)

I'm sure I'm missing some series. But I didn't feel like posting every single character I knew beforehand.

There's some series I want to get a deeper dive into once I get the chance. Namely more Castlevania and Bayo. And eventually go through some Mega Man and DK games again. On top of finishing my backlog with Okami. I did play stuff like DMC, RE, MVC, Strider, Golden Sun, Dig Dug, KH, Bomberman, Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct, Contra, Ghosts N' Goblins, Battletoads, Streets of Rage, Shovel Knight, Shantae, Speedrunners and so on. if you want to get an idea of my interests.

Despite that, I DID play dank stuff like Psycho Dream and PLOK as well.
You got a better knowledge history than most of us
For me it's:
:ultalph::ultbayonetta::ultbayonetta1::ultbowserjr::ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig::ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultcorrinf::ultdiddy::ultdoc::ultfalco::ultfox::ultganondorf::ulthero2::ulthero4::ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultjoker::ultjokeralt::ultkazuya::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultkirby::ultlink::ultlittlemac::ultlucas::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmegaman::ultmetaknight::ultgnw::ultness::ultolimar::ultpalutena::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultrob::ultrobin::ultrobinf::ultrosalina::ultroy::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultsheik::ultshulk::ultrichter::ultsnake::ult_terry::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultvillagerf::ultwiifittrainer::ultwiifittrainerm::ultwolf::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultzss:
As you can see, I was not very familiar with video gaming until about Smash 4 thanks to lack of proper internet access.
well at least you can say you’re a gamer

Noipoi

Howdy!
Would be cool if someone actually took up the idea.

Something that would be a page long tops.

I could ask on a place like Reddit but honestly places like that can go jump with how toxic it is.
Honestly the smaller subreddits are pretty chill. But they’re small, so you won’t get a lot of action.

In the bigger subreddits you’ll either be ignored or you’ll attract…negative attention.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Honestly the smaller subreddits are pretty chill. But they’re small, so you won’t get a lot of action.

In the bigger subreddits you’ll either be ignored or you’ll attract…negative attention.
It's how it always works. Less people in a community means less undesirable people.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's what killed the Adventure forumula, and most likely scared Sega away from it forever.

I have...Mixed feelings about it, lol.
I don’t blame them for trying something different after a disaster. And I actually really like the boost formula.

But it’s a shame that there are many things they may never try again because they were in ‘06.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Is there a reason Twitter is trying to cancel Banjo Kazooie for Croc? Or something?
I’m not sure, but I assume them seeing youtubers talk about games they like makes them think the youtubers are somehow rewriting history just because they may think Banjo-Kazooie is big (which it is to them and some 3D platformer developers who took inspiration from the game, and their reveal was big in the Smash community, but okay dudes), as if any of this really even matters.

Basically: people who want drama and angery feelings over silly stuff.

There were also people getting mad at Arlo for thinking Banjo & Kazooie were bigger than Kazuya, though he meant in the context of Smash.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m not sure, but I assume them seeing youtubers talk about games they like makes them think the youtubers are somehow rewriting history just because they may think Banjo-Kazooie is big (which it is to them and some 3D platformer developers who took inspiration from the game, and their reveal was big in the Smash community, but okay dudes), as if any of this really even matters.

Basically: people who want drama and angery feelings over silly stuff.
Oh, so the usual
BAD36E4F-C8B0-47B0-8B61-70B6595EE0D9.jpeg

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I don’t blame them for trying something different after a disaster. And I actually really like the boost formula.

But it’s a shame that there are many things they may never try again because they were in ‘06.
I'm one of those Sonic fans that'll pretty much take anything, so I do love boost, but there are times I really do miss Adventure level design. We only really got three good games with it (SA1 and 2, Heroes), and two bad ones (Shadow and 06), so it' unfortunate they most likely won't ever bring it into the modern day.

If leaks are to be believed, then I think Sonic 2022 has extremely high promise for a new formula. I know the leakers painted it with a negative slant, but I don't really care: It's Sonic, of course anyone who talks about it on the internet is gonna default to "lol bad". It's the status quo. :p

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Still remember the time how I made a comment about how I liked the censored designed in a game more cause I thought it's more suited to the characters personality. I got downvoted and negative comments from people acting like I killed their firstborn.

I mean... I could kill their firstborn if it meant diluting the human race of that level of stupidity but I'll leave that to other cold-hearted ********.

See..........."wisdom".

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Bandai Namco should do a Tekken popularity poll. Have people vote on all of the characters in the Tekken series so we can have a current scale of who the popular characters are.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Still remember the time how I made a comment about how I liked the censored designed in a game more cause I thought it's more suited to the characters personality. I got downvoted and negative comments from people acting like I killed their firstborn.

I mean... I could kill their firstborn if it meant diluting the human race of that level of stupidity but I'll leave that to other cold-hearted ********.

See..........."wisdom".
Never

Ever

Get between redditors and horny content.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Reminder that Tekken's Heihachi was almost considered for Smash 3DS/Wii, but implementing his movement "would be difficult"

Judging from what we've seen with Ultimate's Kazuya, I say Sakurai got the Tekken feel down perfectly (how that can be done with Smash controls will be interesting to see).

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Reminder that Tekken's Heihachi was almost considered for Smash 3DS/Wii, but implementing his movement "would be difficult"

Judging from what we've seen with Ultimate's Kazuya, I say Sakurai got the Tekken feel down perfectly (how that can be done with Smash controls will be interesting to see).
I wonder if Tekken Advance has any influence, with it changing Tekken's button scheme to punch, kick, and throw?

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Well, my wisdom teeth have been yanked. Honestly, aside from my motor skills being fairly impaired and this new double-vision that’s going on, I fee fresh as a daisy. How’d you guys feel when you got yours out?
I've been told I need mine taken out a couple times. Not much action has been taken on that yet though. Whenever it does happen, I expect immense pain.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

I don't care as long as he stays away from all my mains who are still alive

Dutch Raikuna

Crap.

I just imagined me getting jumped on in a nearby area and getting my stuff stolen and hooligans laughing at me.

To put a very blunt and controversial opinion out. Some people in the West and our countries like the US, UK, Germany etc really need to be forced to live in a strict dictatorship for a year like Iran or China and see if they could get away with the same ****.

I don't know. It's coming up to a holiday here in Northern Ireland in a few weeks and considering the political situation I'm anxious. No wonder why I look at things on a geological timescale instead of humanitarian one.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I've been told I need mine taken out a couple times. Not much action has been taken on that yet though. Whenever it does happen, I expect immense pain.
It’s not all that bad, really, so long as you get anesthesia. You’ll be out like a light the entire time, and the worst I’ve gotten is a slight ache in the gums where they used to be. I’d be more annoyed about the solid food fast you’ll need to go through more than anything. Better stock up on liquid meal replacements or soup with no chunks or anything of the sort in it.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
**** it, I'm doing it again.

I'm gonna be a Metroid 1 master by the end of the night.
Heck yeah, grind until you finish the game under 1 hour for the legendary best ending! BTW, have you played other Metroids before?

See..........."wisdom".
I was literally remembering one day ago what the censorship deal was with Fatal Frame V on the Wii U, and the deal was that they didn't just remove two lingeries from the game, they replaced them with a Zelda and a ZSS costume, we literally got the best version of the game! Of course, the average gamer didn't see it that way.

Oh, we're talking about Sonic too? Heroes and Adventure 2 are my favorite games in the franchise, guess I will curl into a ball and cry.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Heck yeah, grind until you finish the game under 1 hour for the legendary best ending!
Eh, I got the "leotard ending" on my second playthrough just now. That'll do for the moment, I think. At least I beat it without a guide this time. :p

BTW, have you played other Metroids before?
Oh, I was raised on Metroid lol.

Metroid, Return of Samus, Super Metroid, Fusion, Zero Mission, the Prime trilogy, Samus Returns; I've invested countless hours into this series over the years. The Metroid Dread announcement really rekindled my love and passion for these games and has me currently working through the numbered entries again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom