• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Looks more androgynous to me, leaning more towards the feminine. But I am willing to admit I probably just caught him at a weird angle at one point in the trailer lol.

Would have been nice to have a female protagonist though.
Yeah, they're def Androgynous I admit.

Japan's having a field day with him though.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'll save this for later.

Also ****ing hell what the hell happened outside my house??????

Felt like some large bang and considering it's Ireland that could be something.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
for me it'd have to be

:ultalph::ultbowser::ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultcorrinf::ultdk::ultdoc::ultfalco::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ulthero::ulthero2::ulthero3::ulthero4::ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultincineroar::ultjigglypuff::ultjoker::ultjokeralt::ultkazuya::ultkingdedede::ultkirby::ultlink::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultgnw::ultness::ultolimar::ultpeach::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpit::ultpokemontrainer::ultpokemontrainerf::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultrob::ultrobin::ultrobinf::ultroy::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultsheik::ultshulk::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultalex::ultenderman::ult_terry::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultvillagerf::ultwario::ultwiifittrainerm::ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultzss:
I was a literal baby at the time for a majority of this list, and Melee was one of my 1st video games (followed by Sunshine, Wind Waker, Metroid Prime and Double Dash), so I use that as an excuse for most of them
That I didn't know of? Ice Climbers, Marth, Roy, Ike, Mr.Game and Watch, Ness and Lucas.

I can't remember if I played MKDS before Brawl myself, so maybe R.O.B too.
As far as people who's games series I played already.
:ultkazuya::ultmario::ultmegaman::ultsamus::ultryu::ultdk::ultyoshi::ultpacman::ultpikachu::ultyounglink::ultsonic::ultkirby:(Grew up with. Some more than others)
:ult_terry::ultsimon::ultcloud::ultlittlemac:(Played their series well before their inclusion)
:ultfalcon::ultminmin:ultfox::ultlucina::ultwario:(knew who he was through Mario) (Played their game/series at some point)
:ultsnake:(Watched family members play MGS)
:ulthero2:(Saw DQ8 ads)
:ultbayonetta1::ultbanjokazooie::ultinkling::ultduckhunt::ultolimar::ultpit::ultshulk::ultenderman::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer::ultjoker:(Heard of/know the characters)

I'm sure I'm missing some series. But I didn't feel like posting every single character I knew beforehand.

There's some series I want to get a deeper dive into once I get the chance. Namely more Castlevania and Bayo. And eventually go through some Mega Man and DK games again. On top of finishing my backlog with Okami. I did play stuff like DMC, RE, MVC, Strider, Golden Sun, Dig Dug, KH, Bomberman, Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct, Contra, Ghosts N' Goblins, Battletoads, Streets of Rage, Shovel Knight, Shantae, Speedrunners and so on. if you want to get an idea of my interests.

Despite that, I DID play dank stuff like Psycho Dream and PLOK as well.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ah, okay - I'm fairly new to Tekken (didn't play it until the Wii U), but I thought that Mokujin would work well as a costume. It could be a full-body costume like Sans or Cuphead, and he's not tied to any specific fighting style. I thought about Kuma, but I'm pretty sure there's a bear Mii costume already, so I'm not sure what would set them apart beyond the bandanna. (though I'm hoping that Kuma gets a stage cameo, if there are more characters beyond Heihachi)
Mokujin would work well for a costume, his fighting style changes every round. Hell, his alt costume is even a female variant. Covering the whole face puts them up there with Protoman and Cuphead for being a good costume.

That said, I'm expecting maybe King, Nina, Jin, Xiaoyu or Yoshimitsu to be costumes, Yoshimitsu would work really well since he'd be one of the few that could also be a swordfighter and not just a brawler suit. Then again, Namco themselves tend to push Lili and Alisa in their recent marketing more than Nina and Xiaoyu, so maybe they'd be their female suits instead even if I'd vastly prefer the former.

Personally, I want to see people mod Kazuya to have Mokujin as a costume. Or the other Mishimas, considering how quickly people made Ken/Evil Ryu/Akuma skins for Ryu back in Smash 4.

Also am I the only one who had zero idea who Richter was before Ulimate lol
Nah. But he's the 2nd most famous Belmont for the "What is a MAN?" Meme with Dracula.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Before Smash I didn't know Link, Ness, Captain Falcon, Fox, Marth, Roy, ICs, Mr. G&W, Ike, Pit, Dark Pit, Palutena, Robin and Lucina

The original Metroid aged like milk but I finally beat it for the first time today!

...With a guide, but I swear I'll do it proper next time.
Nice! Og Metroid is rough around the corners, but if you can overlook some of that it can still be fun, I still replay it from time to time! Just remember to not enter doors with enemies flying towards you :beezo:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Before smash I didn’t know Richter, Kazuya, and I had a vague idea of Terry.

Everyone else I’d seen around here or there.
One day, you'll be able to do a Perfect EWGF tho, it'll be sick.

Now if only I could do two or three in a row. At least sometimes I can get the one.

Then you have people somehow being able to do 4 to 6 of them in a single combo.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Sonic mod creators have been bashing Colors Ultimate to heck and back.

I’m just sitting here wondering what’s wrong with it. I legit am confused what’s gotten everyone in a kerfuffle.:054:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Before Smash I didn't know Link, Ness, Captain Falcon, Fox, Marth, Roy, ICs, Mr. G&W, Ike, Pit, Dark Pit, Palutena, Robin and Lucina

Nice! Og Metroid is rough around the corners, but if you can overlook some of that it can still be fun, I still replay it from time to time! Just remember to not enter doors with enemies flying towards you :beezo:
Yeah, I learned that the hard way going through Kraid's lair lol.

I also got into the habit of killing enemies and letting their health/missile drops linger on screen just so they wouldn't respawn.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I would unironically like for them to remake Sonic 06, and make it good.

Fix the bugs, make the plot less stupid. Y’know, make it not a travesty.
Remake of 06, you say?

Have you ever heard of the fan game Project06? I think it may just fulfil some of what you’re asking for there…

Outside of plot, ‘cause they haven’t touched that part yet. :nifty:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
for me it'd have to be

:ultalph::ultbowser::ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultcorrinf::ultdk::ultdoc::ultfalco::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ulthero::ulthero2::ulthero3::ulthero4::ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultincineroar::ultjigglypuff::ultjoker::ultjokeralt::ultkazuya::ultkingdedede::ultkirby::ultlink::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultgnw::ultness::ultolimar::ultpeach::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpit::ultpokemontrainer::ultpokemontrainerf::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultrob::ultrobin::ultrobinf::ultroy::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultsheik::ultshulk::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultalex::ultenderman::ult_terry::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultvillagerf::ultwario::ultwiifittrainerm::ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultzss:
I was a literal baby at the time for a majority of this list, and Melee was one of my 1st video games (followed by Sunshine, Wind Waker, Metroid Prime and Double Dash), so I use that as an excuse for most of them
For me it's:
:ultalph::ultbayonetta::ultbayonetta1::ultbowserjr::ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig::ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultcorrinf::ultdiddy::ultdoc::ultfalco::ultfox::ultganondorf::ulthero2::ulthero4::ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultjoker::ultjokeralt::ultkazuya::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultkirby::ultlink::ultlittlemac::ultlucas::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmegaman::ultmetaknight::ultgnw::ultness::ultolimar::ultpalutena::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultrob::ultrobin::ultrobinf::ultrosalina::ultroy::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultsheik::ultshulk::ultrichter::ultsnake::ult_terry::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultvillagerf::ultwiifittrainer::ultwiifittrainerm::ultwolf::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultzss:
As you can see, I was not very familiar with video gaming until about Smash 4 thanks to lack of proper internet access.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Sonic 06 is inherently flawed by design rather than just having a ridiculous plot and technical issues. There are just too many poorly thought out gameplay styles and pointless additions like the mach speed sections, hub worlds, and gems.

If they were to go through all that effort to salvage it, I'd rather they just spend their time and resources on a brand new game TBH.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

I dont think 06's plot was as big of an issue as people make it out to be. At the very least it wouldnt be criticized as much if the game itself wasnt a glitch infested mess.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Sonic 06 is inherently flawed by design rather than just having a ridiculous plot and technical issues. There are just too many poorly thought out gameplay styles and pointless additions like the mach speed sections, hub worlds, and gems.

If they were to go through all that effort to salvage it, I'd rather they just spend their time and resources on a brand new game TBH.
Okay

Sonic 06

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Why are people so horny for this guy? I've seen like 5 people on this site being blatantly horny for him, and apperently he's big in Japan too.

i mean he's attractive, but he's not unusually so.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just realized that while it’s Sonic’s 30th anniversary as a whole, this year also marks the 15th anniversary of the infamous Sonic 06.

We are at the point where that game is the halfway point of the series.
Which is fitting, seeing as how that game changed the series forever. It truly was the halfway point.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Can anyone here tell me how long it takes until the wisdom tooth holes stop bleeding when they get taken out? The gauze is starting to get pretty uncomfortable.
I would hope they only last a day, a few minutes if you have good clotting. I know when I had my four taken out, i dont think even bled

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom