• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My parents are watching Harry Potter and I, unfortunately, am in the room. And honestly there are so many things about these movies and the world they’re set in that I just do not get.

D

Deleted member

341C6194-F069-4990-A8A9-70530E5E6507.jpeg

If the lines for Hallowswings of all things is this long, I don’t want to think about how bad it’ll be during my shift.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
My parents are watching Harry Potter and I, unfortunately, am in the room. And honestly there are so many things about these movies and the world they’re set in that I just do not get.
Which things are you referring to? As someone who used to love the series before Rowling was confirmed to be a POS, I’ve been spending the past year analyzing and either attempt to fix or calling out the problems in the series within my own work.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Which things are you referring to? As someone who used to love the series before Rowling was confirmed to be a POS, I’ve been spending the past year analyzing and either attempt to fix or calling out the problems in the series within my own work.
My biggest non-nitpicking confusion is why the wizard of world is even kept a secret when it could almost be “exposed” by one flying car in London seen by seven people. Like, if it’s that easy to be exposed why even bother keeping it a secret? What does it gain them?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
My biggest non-nitpicking confusion is why the wizard of world is even kept a secret when it could almost be “exposed” by one flying car in London seen by seven people. Like, if it’s that easy to be exposed why even bother keeping it a secret? What does it gain them?
I thought the car had an invisibility charm on it

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Rest in peace.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I thought the car had an invisibility charm on it
It did. But for some reason it was still seen by seven muggles at the beginning of the second movie. I guess it was broken or they forgot to turn it on or something....

Also... like.... is the wizard int world like... another dimension or can you like.... walk up to it in the middle of the English countryside?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It did. But for some reason it was still seen by seven muggles at the beginning of the second movie. I guess it was broken or they forgot to turn it on or something....

Also... like.... is the wizard int world like... another dimension or can you like.... walk up to it in the middle of the English countryside?
I don’t know if they acknowledge that in the film or book though I think the best assumption might be those folks didn’t say anything as they think others might see them as being crazy, or maybe other wizards did damage control and seemed them out to remove their memories.

Also that reminds me that I like how “mudblood” is considered a slur but “muggle” isn’t considering it’s also another funny sounding word that describes someone different than the wizards

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don’t know if they acknowledge that in the film or book though I think the best assumption might be those folks didn’t say anything as they think others might see them as being crazy, or maybe other wizards did damage control and seemed them out to remove their memories.

Also that reminds me that I like how “mudblood” is considered a slur but “muggle” isn’t considering it’s also another funny sounding word that describes someone different than the wizards
I still don’t quite understand why the Wizarding World is even a secret in the first place.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I still don’t quite understand why the Wizarding World is even a secret in the first place.
If I remember right, the witch hunts caused the wizarding world to go into hiding in the 1600s, and after 400 years of the status quo nobody really wants to change things. The old purebloods in charge benefit from the current situation, so nothing changes.

The real reason is that Rowling wanted the series to take place in something like the real world, and magic obviously doesn't exist so Secret Society.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If I remember right, the witch hunts caused the wizarding world to go into hiding in the 1600s, and after 400 years of the status quo nobody really wants to change things. The old purebloods in charge benefit from the current situation, so nothing changes.

The real reason is that Rowling wanted the series to take place in something like the real world, and magic obviously doesn't exist so Secret Society.
Maybe it’s just me, but I always prefer stories where the real world is bent around the fantastical element, not the other way round.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Maybe it’s just me, but I always prefer stories where the real world is bent around the fantastical element, not the other way round.
Not sure if you’d be fond of my series, but what I have in mind is that the magic stuff takes place in a separate realm that would be visible from Earth if not for magical illusions and those with magic essences can freely travel back and forth, the magic realm has started seeing more Earth influence as more and more humans with magic essences show up but the magic world has a lot of dangerous forces and beings that the higher ups make sure to keep that world hidden from Earth.

For now.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Not sure if you’d be fond of my series, but what I have in mind is that the magic stuff takes place in a separate realm that would be visible from Earth if not for magical illusions and those with magic essences can freely travel back and forth, the magic realm has started seeing more Earth influence as more and more humans with magic essences show up but the magic world has a lot of dangerous forces and beings that the higher ups make sure to keep that world hidden from Earth.

For now.
Wademan shilling before there’s anything to really shill.

I respect the hustle :wario:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Watching "Parks and recreation" for the first time. Season 1.

Not a fan so far, but I heard this season is bad. Don't like the "Mark" character, but heard he leaves anyway.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

For now.
Yeah. Not really my thing. Sorry.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Any Mii fighter costume predictions? I think we’ll get.... Lloyd (Swordfighter), Nightmare (Swordfighter), Jin Kazama (Brawler), Nina Williams (Brawler), Kuma (Brawler), Yoshimitsu (Swordfighter), some Dark Souls armor sets akin to the Monster Hunter skins, a Don-chan hat and....... maybe a Klonoa skin (Brawler).

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Any Mii fighter costume predictions? I think we’ll get.... Lloyd (Swordfighter), Nightmare (Swordfighter), Jin Kazama (Brawler), Nina Williams (Brawler), Kuma (Brawler), Yoshimitsu (Swordfighter), some Dark Souls armor sets akin to the Monster Hunter skins, a Don-chan hat and....... maybe a Klonoa skin (Brawler).
I think Lloyd's coming back, Mokujin, Xiaoyu and King Brawler costumes and maybe someone like Nightmare or a Dark Souls armor set Swordfighter.

D

Deleted member

I unironically had someone say “how do you tighten a seat belt?” when they HADN’T EVEN PUT THE DAMN THING ON!
AC825201-0EB0-4EF3-83E6-97B637CD1EBE.png

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia) (Swordfighter) - I feel like this one's a given.

2. King (Tekken) (Brawler) - I'm guessing that we're going to get a few more Tekken Mii costumes, and King has a pretty distinct appearance. I'm not sure if the jaguar mask will be a hat or a full face mask. (they could use his Tekken 2 appearance if they didn't want to make adjustments depending on the gender of the Mii)

3. Mokujin (Tekken) (Brawler) - he seems like a Tekken character who could easily make the transition into a costume.

4. Yoshimitsu (Tekken) (Swordfighter) - I'd guess that they'd go with his Tekken 3 design - if Street Fighter x Tekken is any indication, that seems like the most popular one.

5. Nightmare (Soul Calibur) (Swordfighter) - I could see the reveal starting with an extreme zoom on Soul Edge's eye before zooming out to show the whole costume, in an inversion of the end of Soul Calibur 2's intro.

If we get a sixth costume, I'm not sure if they'd go with Dark Souls armour (default armour? Solaire's armour?), Klonoa, or something else. However, from what I recall, it seems pretty rare for a character to come with six Mii costumes in this game. Either way, I'm guessing most if not all of the focus will be on Namco-Bandai franchises.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's kinda bizarre looking at how America and Japan view the SMTV protag.

America seems to talk a lot about gender politics in regards to the protag

Japan just goes "Haha pretty boi" Draws
Cuz America is ****in weird when it comes to gender roles.

And race.

And sexuality.

And ****in everything. America sucks bro.

No one else better insult America tho

STARS AND STRIPES ******* WOOOOOOOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom