• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
He's still donating to people that want to take away basic human rights, donating to charities doesn't change that.

Man gets a lot of money from a successful series
Man donates money to ****ty people like Mitch McConnel, Tulsi Gabbard and Trump
I heard he stopped donating to those peoples in 2020, I don't have a source here, but i'm gonna check later just in case.

Also, I ain't saying him donating to charity make so he did nothing wrong. Just that there's evidence that there's more to Scott than him just donating to horrible peoples to take away basic human right.

Let make this point very clear however:

Scott deserve critiscms, and I don't think he should go away scott (haha) free from this whole ordeal.

I just don't feel I'm the right person to make a call here, and I shouldn't feel obligated to do so when this is still all so recent. We all got opinions, I respect yours, and in return I like for you & other peoples who might disagree with me here to respect mine.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I really struggle with black and white thinking sometimes. But even I think the nuance is greater in this situation then you’re giving it credit for. And also, like, of course he supports them lol. He’s a Christian from Texas, we should have seen this coming.
Nah there's really nothing more to it than that.
If you donate to Mitch McConnell of all people, you're a piece of ****. It's that simple and easy to grasp.

I heard he stopped donating to those peoples in 2020, I don't have a source here, but i'm gonna check later just in case.

Also, I ain't saying him donating to charity make so he did nothing wrong. Just that there's evidence that there's more to Scott than him just donating to horrible peoples to take away basic human right.

Let make this point very clear however:

Scott deserve critiscms, and I don't think he should go away scott (haha) free from this whole ordeal.

I just don't feel I'm the right person to make a call here, and I shouldn't feel obligated to do so when this is still all so recent. We all got opinions, I respect yours, and in return I like for you & other peoples who might disagree with me here to respect mine.
Scott can donate to charities and such without also donating to ***** like McConnell.
If he actually cared for those charities he wouldn't be donating to people that fly in the face of what they stand for anyway. He's donated to a bunch of environmental and wildlife based charities, but he donates to people whose environmental policies are killing the planet.

I'm not gonna respect people capping for someone that supports those who want to take away the basic human rights of me, my friends and every other minority they're targeting. There's no respect to be had for bigoted ***** so Scott can go **** himself.

D

Deleted member

I'm going to revisit Zelda, Mario, and Metroid again. I don't think I've continued with such games past 1990s consoles. I've liked what I've seen from them on this system so far. Should I play BOTW and Odyssey first?

D

Deleted member

I'm going to revisit Zelda, Mario, and Metroid again. I don't think I've continued with such games past 1990s consoles. I've liked what I've seen from them on this system so far. Should I play BOTW and Odyssey first?
I would play Odyssey first: it doesn’t take very long to finish, but BOTW on the other hand will 100% require at least months of dedication if you want to experience all of what the game has to offer.

I would know, I have over 500 hours in the game and I haven’t even beat Ganon once. :4pacman:

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I say Odyssey first, mostly because of the same reasons @Baku Bringer of Chaos mentionned: it's a much easier experience to digest overall, and it's still alot of fun.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
imo Scott's case isn't too bad; you can support someone without agreeing with everything they do. Although I do question why he seemed to prioritize economics, and why he donated to politicians at all, seemingly he felt that stuff could hurt people's lives in the long run so idk (and I guess he's that good a patriot to donate to politicians although I kinda wonder why some politicians like Trump would even need donations if they're really rich). I do think there's enough nuance here to where people could just peacefully try and educate him on the matter, however; a lot of people aren't like those who spend a lot of time in social media, they don't actually do full research on politicians and stuff and will just judge based on TV and some other stuff, with some denying bad things their candidate of choice did (or blame them on the media lying) if you try and tell them about it.

I understand why people are upset, though, and they're in their right not to support him or anything. I don't think he deserves a hate mob like what Twitter did, though; he's one man. I wish people wouldn't jump to assumptions and try peaceful stuff first before bringing out the fire, like humans are complex beings, we can't just pretend we know exactly how someone thinks and stuff when we barely know them beyond some stuff they do online/for games etc....Scott isn't like Notch, whom made it clear how he is on these matters...

personally I also feel it's not worth holding grudges against someone, just disagree and be against their stuffs but don't keep hating, we're all human, we can do our best to keep peace; someday the mean dudes will be proven wrong if they haven't changed. I definitely understand staying mad at someone for a while, though, and still feeling some anger even if you try and have forgiveness...and of course, if they're flat out evil, yeah, no need to accept them, just don't let bad feelings linger too long, it kinda hurts/makes your mind scary...and of course, don't stoop to their level. Just my thoughts, idk...

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Maybe, but when I see stuff like this, I think it's better for me to wait & see more info on both side before I make a call.

That and I never paid a single of Scott game, so it's not like I'm really supporting him.
He could at least be respected on that front, but then again, Joanne Rowling lost her billionaire status donating to charities in the past yet she’s also currently using her influence over Twitter to actively hurt trans communities, so there’s that to consider

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
He could at least be respected on that front, but then again, Joanne Rowling lost her billionaire status donating to charities in the past yet she’s also currently using her influence over Twitter to actively hurt trans communities, so there’s that to consider
That is a good point, hence why I said I didn't want to pick a side until some time went.

Humans are really complex little ****, and there's alot of stuff I feel that we don't exactly know about Scott that could prove 1 side, both, or neither.

I'm not going to talk about this any further though because I don't want to say something that might be misinrpeted or inflammatory, especially since Politics is DEFINITLY something i'm not a expert.

Still, thanks for bringing up this & being respectful.
I return.

Sup, y’all?
Hey
Jawsum.gif

Do you remember me, champ?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

After a year Keiji's arms "Your Turn To Die" is finally back with a new update. That sure came outta nowhere, but man, so damn exciting.

NonsensicalThings

Smash Apprentice
ngl, it took me a moment to remember who you are.

Welcome back, champ. :bayoglass:
FNAF guy.

Poof.

You remember me. 👁

That is a good point, hence why I said I didn't want to pick a side until some time went.

Humans are really complex little ****, and there's alot of stuff I feel that we don't exactly know about Scott that could prove 1 side, both, or neither.

I'm not going to talk about this any further though because I don't want to say something that might be misinrpeted or inflammatory, especially since Politics is DEFINITLY something i'm not a expert.

Still, thanks for bringing up this & being respectful.

Hey
View attachment 319691
Do you remember me, champ?
How could I forget, my fellow Omori fan?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
imo Scott's case isn't too bad; you can support someone without agreeing with everything they do. Although I do question why he seemed to prioritize economics, and why he donated to politicians at all, seemingly he felt that stuff could hurt people's lives in the long run so idk (and I guess he's that good a patriot to donate to politicians although I kinda wonder why some politicians like Trump would even need donations if they're really rich). I do think there's enough nuance here to where people could just peacefully try and educate him on the matter, however; a lot of people aren't like those who spend a lot of time in social media, they don't actually do full research on politicians and stuff and will just judge based on TV and some other stuff, with some denying bad things their candidate of choice did (or blame them on the media lying) if you try and tell them about it.

I understand why people are upset, though, and they're in their right not to support him or anything. I don't think he deserves a hate mob like what Twitter did, though; he's one man. I wish people wouldn't jump to assumptions and try peaceful stuff first before bringing out the fire, like humans are complex beings, we can't just pretend we know exactly how someone thinks and stuff when we barely know them beyond some stuff they do online/for games etc....Scott isn't like Notch, whom made it clear how he is on these matters...
No more of this stupid "uwu there's nuance to anti-LGBT politics uwu" **** lmfao

Scott's a piece of **** and knew exactly who he was donating towards. End of story.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
FNAF guy.

Poof.

You remember me. 👁

How could I forget, my fellow Omori fan?
You're right that i'm a Omori fan.
a19e2ea44018cf8674d19e9d95b07788eb856546_hq.gif

But I happened to be very famous for my Eggman gif.

Greeting amigo, red's here, and it's good to see you back, pal.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1E4AD22E-8914-41E0-B39F-7DBA7EF000FE.jpeg

I̷͉͒̔ ̴̙͔͚̋͌͂ ̶̡̨͕̬̅̀̍h̶̦͜͝ ̸̲͇͈̠̽͐̂͆Á̷̮͎̳̈́̊͘ͅ ̶̆̌͆͜v̸̤͉̫̻͂ ̷͖̓Ẹ̴̢͊̅͠ ̷̩̮̗̥͒͂̎ ̴̭̲̣̥̎̇͘n̶̬̘̮̖̓̋̕ ̵̫̭̞́͐O̴̞̐ ̸͔̣̤͝ ̶̹̼͊̿̂m̷̱͖̠̠̐ ̸̺̄͆͑̋Ó̵͚͊͋ ̷̨͔̝̺͘ṵ̵̋ ̸̦̔̕͘t̴͍͙̯̆̕ ̷̲́̇̓H̷̺͔͋͒͜ ̷̻̂̀̉͊ ̶̤͖͖̋̓͒̕b̴̛͚̿́ ̵̰̗͇͌̓u̴͙̠͊́̋ͅ ̸̢̼̋̉͗ͅT̷̺̒̀̾ ̵̠́͌̌͝I̶̧͖̦̊͂́ ̸̢̀̐̋m̶̙͈̩̓̂̔̂ ̵̱͌͘͘U̷͉̗̯͎̍̽ ̴̲̥͌͌Ş̶̺̈͆͝͝ ̴̮̘̫̹̀T̶̠͖̊͑ ̴̬̲̪͖͑̆ś̴̠̊̒ͅ ̷̛̩̜́̈͌C̸̪̰͌̈́͗̕ ̴͍̘̻̓̈́ȓ̴̝͠ ̸̧̘̮̔̌͒̿Ȅ̴̬̰̪͌̑ ̸̡̗̬̂̎̋a̸̱̒͛ ̴̱͔̼̎M̵͖͚͈̗̆͂

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
No more of this stupid "uwu there's nuance to anti-LGBT politics uwu" **** lmfao

Scott's a piece of **** and knew exactly who he was donating towards. End of story.
This thread really ain't the place for politics. I know I'm not a mod, but none seem to be online, so I'm just gonna kindly ask you to take this somewhere else before this discussion sours any more.

Edit: Alrighty, nevermind, mods just joined. :4pacman:

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Samus out here trying to be the Iron Patroit

cause what other comparison would I have?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
When I was a kid - probably 10 years old - I thought being gay was weird. But thankfully there was someone in my life who quickly taught me otherwise, and today I consider myself an LGBT+ ally.

I'd like to think that some people can still be taught that, even when they're much older then that. But automatically demonizing everyone who does the wrong thing will only get in the way of that and only push people further into extremes. I don't think it's a coincidence so many homophobes (and other types of bigots) have a victim complex.

D

Deleted member

When I was a kid - probably 10 years old - I thought being gay was weird. But thankfully there was someone in my life who quickly taught me otherwise, and today I consider myself an LGBT+ ally.

I'd like to think that some people can still be taught that, even when they're much older then that. But automatically demonizing everyone who does the wrong thing will only get in the way of that and only push people further into extremes. I don't think it's a coincidence so many homophobes (and other types of bigots) have a victim complex.
There used to be a time myself where I thought being lgbtq and a furry was weird.(if you search furry on the boards, you might actually be able to see a few of the posts I made on my old account that is exactly that.)

I honestly don’t remember what the turning point was for me, but now I’m a furry and, while not lgbtq, I’ve been exposed so much to their culture and ideas that I can see their viewpoint. It’s definitely something that can be taught, but the person being taught has to accept it first.

osby

Smash Obsessed
In Pride Month, be considerate of the feelings of checks notes people who finance queerphobic politicians.

I get that people can make mistakes but it's no up to people who are not going to be affected by this to beg forgiveness for Scott's sake. Some people are acting like he's the real victim in here.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
LGBTQ+ folk don't owe Scott anything.
He can learn to not be anti-LGBTQ+ himself, we don't need to teach him ****.

Always listen to minorities when they talk about their problems, don't combat them or talk over them. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom