• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Why is it what when I’m on the clock during my shift, the day drags on, but when I’m at home doing nothing it feels like the day is over in an hour?

D

Deleted member

Scott Cawthon's retiring
After searching this person without holding any knowledge prior, good riddance to him. I no longer have the patience for people like this. I guess my therapist back then was right with being all in on LGBT related subjects, as I was the opposite, despite being apart of the community. Being overprotective of my other members does have it's perks, as I feel like I belong somewhere to somewhat of a degree.

D

Deleted member

But seriously, where was Animal Crossing during the E3? That game really needs a substantial update, so much stuff is still missing from older games or changed for the worse. So many characters are now just random visitors, like Leaf and Katrina. Like, this game is all about customization and building your own island, much more than the other games, yet we only have a fraction of buildings. Where's the Roost? The fortune teller? Police Station? Etc.

Even just character wise it feels so much more empty. Kapp'n and Tortimer are nowhere to be seen, not even as a small cameo during a holdiay or something. Resetti, arguably the most iconic character together with K.K. only has a small, voice only role. Not to mention, smaller characters are MIA, too, like Katie and Kaitlin.

It just baffles my mind that New Horizons has such a focus on customization, yet removes so many buildings and characters, or at least relegated to being random visitors. Even the villagers feel so much more boring. They don't even invite you or ask to visit you and a lot of the dialogue feels very same-y.

But hey, at least we get some random garbage for the storage every few months. Don't get me wrong, I do like New Horizons, but there's so much missed potential.

NonsensicalThings

Smash Apprentice
I have to be honest, as much as I wanted to fall in love with Horizons, it really didn’t hook me like New Leaf did. Not sure why!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Rewatched all of Sonic for Hire.

I see why I liked it as a ten year old. Edgy humor and video games? A growing boys dream.

It still got a few laughs, but it’s really outdated. Especially the jokes with stereotypes. A lot of it feels like family guy gags written by 90s Nintendo/Sega kids.

It hasn’t held up that great.

Give it a watch the whole series is on YouTube :101:

D

Deleted member

My least favorite part of TCG's.

Actually taking care of the cards.
For me it's the trash coming after unpacking everything. Especially when buying a booster box. Trash, trash everywhere.

I have to be honest, as much as I wanted to fall in love with Horizons, it really didn’t hook me like New Leaf did. Not sure why!
Truth to be told, it just feels so much more barebones, even various item sets are missing, like the Robo or Alpine sets. Like sure, it looks much nicer (it is a Switch game, after all) and the island customization is so much more fleshed out than the town one from New Leaf, but that's really it. It's just missing so many characters and buildings making it feel empty. Well, I guess they wanted to go for that remote island experience, after all.

Another thing I just remembered that really needs to be patched in is the ability to fully upgrade your house. There's no reason why only the main room can be upgraded into being 8x8, while the side rooms are stuck being 6x6, especially when older games let you do that. It makes it really obnoxious when you want to go for a complete set or mix-and-match stuff with other ones. At least the attic and basement are bigger, I guess. Also a personal wish of mine would be to place doors wherever I want.

D

Deleted member

Lacroix Femboy.....I think he was either banned or requested account deletion. I've liked his presence here, as I've gotten the possible vibe from him of living life by his rules, uninhibited by insecurity from the public. Admirable. I wish him the best.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
LGBTQ+ folk don't owe Scott anything.
He can learn to not be anti-LGBTQ+ himself, we don't need to teach him ****.

Always listen to minorities when they talk about their problems, don't combat them or talk over them. Thanks.
I'm not trying to speak over you, nor am I telling you its your responsibility to teach him (although we should both agree that overal more education about LBGT+ groups should be a good thing - right?). Sorry if it came off as that way. And you have a right to be angry - there's not any good justifications for donating to the politicians he did.

And to clarify I'm not trying to defend Scott's actions either, even if others are. I'm not even a FNAF fan.

I just wanted to share that from my experience, sometimes treating people who've done terrible things poorly will just make them or their followers even worse people. And I just really hope this ordeal doesn't create more vocal homophobes who wrongfully think they're the "real" victims.

It probably doesn't count for much but I do have ASD so I'm also part of a marginilized group. Its not really that relevant but still worth mentioning that I'm not totally priveledged, and that I hold the same pacifistic beliefs when dealing with ableists.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For me it's the trash coming after unpacking everything. Especially when buying a booster box. Trash, trash everywhere.
Oh yeah, that’s another one of my pet peeves.

I can never seem to keep my desk cleaned for more than a day because of how many decks I work on at once and how many shipments I get because of that.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I drew Bane. Been meaning to try drawing him at some point.

You know, we could've had Scrimbo Bimblo and Swordfighter McJRPG both be the last slots and end this pointless feud, but Kicks N. Punch just had to take one.

Speculation is about to be insufferable
2nd to last character in Season 1 was a fighting game character and the best character of the bunch.
2nd to last character in Season 2 was a fighting game character and likely to also be the best of the bunch.

It's like poetry.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Konami sent a cease and desist against a Project M mod of Bomberman.

Damn them
This can mean only one thing!

Bomberman is the last fighter, let’s go!!!!

/s

I wish he was though, he’s one of my top wants and it sucked to see him as an assist trophy.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
I'm not trying to speak over you, nor am I telling you its your responsibility to teach him (although we should both agree that overal more education about LBGT+ groups should be a good thing - right?). Sorry if it came off as that way. And you have a right to be angry - there's not any good justifications for donating to the politicians he did.

And to clarify I'm not trying to defend Scott's actions either, even if others are. I'm not even a FNAF fan.

I just wanted to share that from my experience, sometimes treating people who've done terrible things poorly will just make them or their followers even worse people. And I just really hope this ordeal doesn't create more vocal homophobes who wrongfully think they're the "real" victims.

It probably doesn't count for much but I do have ASD so I'm also part of a marginilized group. Its not really that relevant but still worth mentioning that I'm not totally priveledged, and that I hold the same pacifistic beliefs when dealing with ableists.
It's not a response to you in particular, but this thread in general which has a dreadful history in regards to actually listening to minorities.
And yeah obviously it should be taught, but we're not gonna try to teach someone who very clearly doesn't want to learn, it's a waste of time and having basic respect for other people's rights should be the default. We want people to learn, but we don't owe it to anyone.

But I do not agree in regards to how queerphobes are treated and how it might make them more vocal/worse. How they act is ultimately their choice and if being loudly called out for donating to Mitch ****ing McConnell makes them (or their fans) worse then that's a problem on their end to be quite frank. Being called out is always gonna suck, you're always gonna have harsher critics, there's always gonna be some chuckleheads that think death threats and doxxing are a good idea (they aren't), but that's also the one chance you have to make amends and Scott instead decided to deepthroat his foot.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Nobody is forcing you guys to open spoiler tags if you don't want to. Just saying.

I can see where you're coming from but I don't think treating bigots tenderly is the solution, either.

If Scott's followers use what happened to him to be even more vocally homophobic? Then they were already bigots, likely because of their upbringing if statistics are anything to go by and they are just using this event as an excuse. Chances are that they were already looking for an excuse.

We shouldn't be constantly living in fear of provoking people like that. They should work towards fixing themselves.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, that’s another one of my pet peeves.

I can never seem to keep my desk cleaned for more than a day because of how many decks I work on at once and how many shipments I get because of that.
I don't even have a deck, I just like to collect pretty Pokemon cards. Just wish they'd actually slow down with how often new sets are gonna get released and especially the absurd number of Secret Rares that are around nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom