• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Batman has been getting roasted on Twitter all day

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I appreaciate the technical marvel some of these emulators can do, but this extends to beyond Nintendo games. So many old and obscure yet diamonds the the rough would be gone forever, and emulation makes sure that that never happens ever, I love archival projects like that, keep art alive.
Heck yeah, man. When the tools are used properly, I love it for those same reasons.

I hope the industry will take preservation more seriously in the future. It's a dang shame it's in the sorry state that it is.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The best part about recent developments with reverse engineering is that Nintendo can't touch it.

ROM dumps? They can get those, sure.

Emulators and compilers? It's custom code, they can't do squat.

I'm really excited to see where OoT ends up soon here: There's a decomp project going on for it, I'm hoping it leads to its own PC port and Render96-esque projects.
I don't know how feasible this is, a Wii Game would be much harder to decompile than a N64 one, but Brawl and MKW modding would become far more accessible and easier if they had native PC. I would also imagine those games would be way more flexible on PC, characters like Steve just don't work in Brawl like in Ultimate, but powerful PCs fix that.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Heck yeah, man. When the tools are used properly, I love it for those same reasons.

I hope the industry will take preservation more seriously in the future. It's a dang shame it's in the sorry state that it is.
Virtual Console was really neat, it had basically every Nintendo game out (unless you were a Gamecube fan, then RIP), but it's gone.

XBox is doing really good with preservation and bavkwards compatibility, and the less we say about Sony the better

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I don't know how feasible this is, a Wii Game would be much harder to decompile than a N64 one, but Brawl and MKW modding would become far more accessible and easier if they had native PC. I would also imagine those games would be way more flexible on PC, characters like Steve just don't work in Brawl like in Ultimate, but powerful PCs fix that.
It's certainly possible. The more that is understood about these consoles and how they function, the more that can be done to reverse engineer their engines and make them accessible to decomps and building tools.

It mostly comes down to if someone is able to get their hands on source code are galaxy brain a solution to reverse engineer it. Remaking it from scratch is also an option, but that's admittedly and even greater challenge. Totally doable, though, as we've seen with Sonic projects like Project06.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh, ok. I was just tuning in casually so I really had no clue that they told us what to expect.

That said, did they really need an E3 for this?
No but they might as well have shared what they had during E3.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Wasn't expecting much from Capcom so I'm not too underwhelmed, but yeah that was definitely a load of nothing lol.

Anyways, PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate 's AMA is now up.
Sorry I didn't have this up on Sunday like I planned, psycho. Ill be sure to have it up for long enough for you to answer all the questions.

as per the usual, if you're interested in participating in a future AMA and are not currently on the list of future AMA subjects, please lemme know

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
imagine having high expectations from a presentation...ain't nobody fully understanding to not expect much. Also...
The fact I could ping all y'all mother****ers right now and make ya all flee.... The power I hold within my grasp.... I must use it for good, not evil.

But I don't waaaaaaaaant to.
View attachment 319163
I ain't scared of you nor will I follow the others over something I won't back down from. Ping Me and I'll keep coming back and coming back some more until you know that I am no ordinary skinpuppet or meatbag...I...am
20210605_083142.jpg

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It's actually going to be hard for Nintendo to beat Square who revealed the funniest game in existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom