• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You haven’t been around much this past week, have you? It’s referring to the rivalry between JRPG fans and platformer fans in regards to who deserves a spot in Smash more. And that is all I have to say about that whole mess.
More likely I probably just wasn't paying attention to be honest because I have been here quite a been lately.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You haven’t been around much this past week, have you? It’s referring to the rivalry between JRPG fans and platformer fans in regards to who deserves a spot in Smash more. And that is all I have to say about that whole mess.
Which is why we need a double reveal to end this before the wait for the last fighter cranks this feud up to 11.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Which is why we need a double reveal to end this before the wait for the last fighter cranks this feud up to 11.
But Smash always ends anti-climatic. Last fighter regardless is likely some 1st party.

Assuming tomorrow isn't a double reveal.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
In other news where I live Godzilla: Singular Point will be coming out finally!

Also decided starting tomorrow gonna watch the Daniel Craig James Bond films as a means of catching up to No Time To Die.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm gonna soon to bed and the final hours before the Nintendo Direct will be here.

Honestly I was kinda ready to face the leak today, but now, I might actually avoid them if they're going to come that late.

Weill see tho, promises aren't my strongest, eh.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
At least Rare's old IP's are still getting new stuff on consoles. In the past few years we've gotten new installments for Killer Instinct, Battletoads, and soon Perfect Dark (none of which were developed by Rare) and of course :ultbanjokazooie: in Smash.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You see, I would say that everyone participating in the Platformer Vs. JRPG war are bored out of their minds and COVID has to end, but no, the vaccine is out and everything is reopening because COVID is going away, so there's no excuses for not going outside instead of continuing petty arguments over which bundle of code will get in.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
You see, I would say that everyone participating in the Platformer Vs. JRPG war are bored out of their minds and COVID has to end, but no, the vaccine is out and everything is reopening because COVID is going away, so there's no excuses for not going outside instead of continuing petty arguments over which bundle of code will get in.
They were doing this before Covid, and they’ll do it long after too.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm playing Robot wars Voyage right now, man. i dont like the design of the main character, the male is too boring looking and the female is too sexy, plus the main mech of the game, the Vangray looks way too bulky compared to other main mechs of the other 2 games ive played in this series.

I keep seeing this whole "Cash Banooca" around. I know it refers to Crash but how did this start? Another of those more recent memes?
I'm pretty sure it came from the youtuber Caddirarus, i havent watched much of his more recent stuff but it definitely sounds like something he'd come up with.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
"For the last time, Bobby, being a Smash player is not a personality traits. So stopping causing leaks in this house and come outside for a change."

Bobby:
Tricky is pissed 3.gif

"WHERE'S THE NINTENDO LEAK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
"For the last time, Bobby, being a Smash player is not a personality traits. So stopping causing leaks in this house and come outside for a change."

Bobby:
View attachment 319169
"WHERE'S THE NINTENDO LEAK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
If you didn’t read this in the voices of Hank Hill and his son, I don’t know you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I guess if certain conditions are met, I could see myself going back to fighting game tournaments locally. If all goes well, then I would like to travel. I just feel bored with life and need some quality entertainment to see where I stand currently.

I feel like I have some unfinished business in the chess community that crosses my mind every now and then 20 years later. I've always felt that I haven't done enough and gave up too quickly, but at the time, I withdrew within reason. With only engaging twice in a session and having a tie in score with one of the world's re-known chess grandmasters in the late 1990s, I'll never forget him and what I've learnt of myself.

I need a natural brain booster supplement, because I would be crushed by formidable opponents if I did return to chess tournaments and the chess.com app. From this game cognitively, I'm no where near on the same level anymore. Chess requires your skill and intuitiveness quickly and consistency should you want to pursue what you are looking for or discovering you actually have the talent in which lies dormant. The planning of 30 to 50 moves ahead or the rule always went a long way, depending on the nature of the board.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
But legit, emulation is pretty cool. So many cool games would be lost to time if it weren't for the internet.
The best part about recent developments with reverse engineering is that Nintendo can't touch it.

ROM dumps? They can get those, sure.

Emulators and compilers? It's custom code, they can't do squat.

I'm really excited to see where OoT ends up soon here: There's a decomp project going on for it, I'm hoping it leads to its own PC port and Render96-esque projects.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The best part about recent developments with reverse engineering is that Nintendo can't touch it.

ROM dumps? They can get those, sure.

Emulators and compilers? It's custom code, they can't do squat.

I'm really excited to see where OoT ends up soon here: There's a decomp project going on for it, I'm hoping it leads to its own PC port and Render96-esque projects.
I appreaciate the technical marvel some of these emulators can do, but this extends to beyond Nintendo games. So many old and obscure yet diamonds the the rough would be gone forever, and emulation makes sure that that never happens ever, I love archival projects like that, keep art alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom