• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I remember the exact place I was at when they announced Smash Ultimate back in March of 2018...
I was in the middle of an english class in college. Couldn’t even watch the direct, either, I was refreshing a Twitter account I really like.

In other news, I’ve been binging The Owl House with my niece, and honestly, I think my favorite part of the show is just how much of a dork Luz is most of the time, yet how badass she can be. I love it when media does that.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
well now that noipoi can't break my heart with his powers...King Post
he and Titan are such Kings
I've been thinking about Marvel games recently, and a BoTW-style Black Panther game would be incredible. An open world Wakkanda has potential to be amazing, I don't think much more has to be said. The only character who I would prefer a solo game for is Doctor Strange, but it's very close.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I've been thinking about Marvel games recently, and a BoTW-style Black Panther game would be incredible. An open world Wakkanda has potential to be amazing, I don't think much more has to be said. The only character who I would prefer a solo game for is Doctor Strange, but it's very close.
so far Avengers is the closest we're gonna get to any hero not related to spiders getting their own solo game...tho T'Challa and Doctor Strange wouldn't be bad choices

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Also:

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I desperately need to get this game at some point, I want to add more and more ridiculous crossovers to the world.
The Thief (& Main Character)

The Cleric

The Warrior

And the Pop Star

I'd say I'm off to a good start.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
so far Avengers is the closest we're gonna get to any hero not related to spiders getting their own solo game...tho T'Challa and Doctor Strange wouldn't be bad choices
I could see us getting more solo games. After making three Spider-Man games (because SM2 is basically confirmed) I would imagine Insomniac would want to do a different marvel property. And even if it's not insomniac, Disney might notice that the spider-man solo games are better recieved and sell better than the teamup games and lisense more studios to make them.

or they won't, which is very possible. I just want the Doctor Strange game i've been daydreaming for the past few days to be real

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
**** i just remembered i have a dentist appointment next week, and nowi'm getting really nervous after the last one ended in failure, **** i hope the anesthetic actually works this time.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So The Great Nintendo Leak hasn't happened yet?

If so, maybe we be able to survive!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
According to Shroob, it's probably happening tomorrow.

If you plan on leaving, ya may wanna start packing your bags soon like me. Leak Armageddon 'bout ready to begin...
A captain never abandon his ship.

Granted, i'm no captain, but I been on this ride since 2013. I ain't gonna jump now!

I go to the end of this journey, even if mean I got to sink with the rest!
ganon with it.png

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Just waiting the Shroob signal, then I’m outta here.
Same. I'll go as long as I can, 'cause I love the sense of community, but I wanna go into this thing as spoiler free as possible.

Heck, I even plan as going as far as using add-ons to disable YouTube's recommended bar. Ain't nobody spoilin' this cat. :140:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I could see us getting more solo games. After making three Spider-Man games (because SM2 is basically confirmed) I would imagine Insomniac would want to do a different marvel property. And even if it's not insomniac, Disney might notice that the spider-man solo games are better recieved and sell better than the teamup games and lisense more studios to make them.

or they won't, which is very possible. I just want the Doctor Strange game i've been daydreaming for the past few days to be real
who knows. Sure Insomniac choose the Spidey franchise above all the other properties, but they could probably do something cool with a Daredevil or so...and I could picture Platinum Games or some psycho developers making Stephen his own game out of the 10,004+ or so alternate timelines

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Still remember it like it was yesterday.

March 2018:

Friend, "You gonna catch the Nintendo Direct?"

Me, "Bro I ain't watched a Direct since Smash 4 ended."

Friend, "C'mon it'll be fun."

Me, "Eh, sure fine."
I remember there was a huge snowstorm and it was the week of my Spring Break. My power had been out for days and the Nintendo Direct was pretty much the last thing on my mind.

I was staying over at a place with no wifi network (and I didn’t want to use that much phone data to watch the Direct), so I just did schoolwork that day and stayed off the internet completely. Then that night we got a call that the power had finally returned to the house, and I was so excited, I figured I’d use a little data to check my social media feeds after a long day of no internet use. The stress of no power and moving from place to place for the last week made me pretty much completely forget about the ND.

So I open YouTube and the first thing I see is “New Smash Bros Title announced”.
🤯

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I remember there was a huge snowstorm and it was the week of my Spring Break. My power had been out for days and the Nintendo Direct was pretty much the last thing on my mind.

I was staying over at a place with no wifi network (and I didn’t want to use that much phone data to watch the Direct), so I just did schoolwork that day and stayed off the internet completely. Then that night we got a call that the power had finally returned to the house, and I was so excited, I figured I’d use a little data to check my social media feeds after a long day of no internet use. The stress of no power and moving from place to place for the last week made me pretty much completely forget about the ND.

So I open YouTube and the first thing I see is “New Smash Bros Title announced”.
🤯
Did you have to double-check to see if it was an official announcement? I have to do that all the time, but I’m getting better at spotting fakes and reruns.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's creepy. One of my ears is plugged from wax build up and ever since it started I've been hearing things. Mostly my name being said.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
The thread when the leaks happen:
Knowing how this entire fanbase is...

Come to think of it, who's even presenting tomorrow, if at all?
That's creepy. One of my ears is plugged from wax build up and ever since it started I've been hearing things. Mostly my name being said.
Eh, it happens every so often to me. I just stopped giving a hoot about it.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I am, with much reluctance and frustratiob, and with a friend at my side, the Gandalf to my Frodo, am plunging into Dark Souls 3. And honestly.... it’s not as bad or annoying as I thought it would be but it’s still not very fun.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Alright, I'm not gonna beat around the bush, I was taking a **** when they announced the game. Good thing I didn't freak out or else my family would probably barge in wondering if I was ok.
This message coupled with that cheeky profile picture has no right to be as funny as it is to me.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I was sitting at my previous job, having finished classes, when I jumped on YouTube to see if I could find any videos relevant to the next classes. I then saw the Splatoon x Smash video. Some time later, Smashboards contacted me to ask if I wish to come back on and moderate.

I’m a bit sad as Smash/Nintendo/E3 directs where quite fun in Japan. They usually happened late at night, like 11. So I would spend the day at work but not busy enough to not be excited for the direct. The kids I taught were equally excited. I could then watch the Direct, usually with alcohol, and get excited.

Now that I’m in the States, that tradition is now over. During the Nintendo E3 Direct tomorrow, I’ll be loading 700+ boxes into a hot truck trailer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom