• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
My copy of Super Robot Wars Voyage should be arriving today, this'll be my first experience with Evangelion.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
D

Deleted member

Goodness. Is it just me, or am I alone with the chat being annoyingly derogatory across the board for me on the IGN channel? I haven't seen anything this offensive in a long time. Nevermind, I've just discovered that I can hide it. I'll forgive those slugface brats of today in contrast to the days of old, but hearing or seeing their insolence doesn't make it any less profoundly depressive. I've turned heel in them recently, because the older I get, the more impatient that I become. Way to ruin my morning internet. Tch.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Metroid fans live in suffering.

KI fans even more suffering.

F-Zero fans are just skeletons at this point.
The parent: Nintendo
The child Nintendo is holding up: Pokemon and Mario
The drowning child: Everything else
The skeleton at the bottom of the pool: F Zero.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Goodness. Is it just me, or am I alone with the chat being annoyingly derogatory across the board for me on the IGN channel? I haven't seen anything this offensive in a long time. Nevermind, I've just discovered that I can hide it. I'll forgive those slugface brats of today in contrast to the days of old, but hearing or seeing their insolence doesn't make it any less profoundly depressive. I've turned heel in them recently, because the older I get, the more impatient that I become. Way to ruin my morning internet. Tch.
Never look up on the live chat of any popular video with ton of mainstream in it.

You be asking for your day to be ruined.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So what's everyone's final predictions regarding the Nintendo Direct?

First off we're definitely getting our next Smash reveal (My prediction being a double of a Swordfighter character and Master Chief) but whether its a double or not is wait to be seen, I think we'll get some BotW2, a new Donkey Kong game with the return of King K. Rool and the Kremlings, a new Kirby game, more info on Mario Golf: Super Rush, maybe Mario Kart 9.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
The parent: Nintendo
The child Nintendo is holding up: Smash, Splatoon, Pokémon, Zelda, Fire Emblem, Kirby and Mario
The drowning child: Pretty much everything else
The skeleton at the bottom of the pool: F-Zero, Advance Wars, Golden Sun, Kid Icarus and Rythm Heaven
In the afterlife for a while: Earthbound
Fixed that for you

D

Deleted member

Never look up on the live chat of any popular video with ton of mainstream in it.

You be asking for your day to be ruined.
Noted. Thank you. This really have me all in my feelings now. I don't think going back to a competitive mindset and proceed to slay them in their own damn games will help relieve it. They will never change, but there I go having reversed arrogance, but it can't be helped.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just realized something. We know that the ERSB changes have caused parts of the pass to be censored a bit.

Which remembering M theory( which seems very likely when you know what that theory actually entails), one of our last two reps is very likely from a M rated game and that’s why logos and ratings are being changed in the pass’s marketing.

Which imo a M rated character probably boils down to Master Chief, Doom Giy, or Ryu from Ninja Gaiden.

With E3 being a very logical place to reveal a big name like that. So I think our character tomorrow stands a good chance at being one of those.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
This e3 has been bad so far. Square was a joke. The other presentations were meh. Hopefully Nintendo does not flub it.
TBH I dunno what peeps were expecting.

We're in the beginning of a new console generation, which already makes things awkward, and then you throw the affects of the pandemic still being felt on top and this year was gonna be awkward no matter what.

Like, for real, I wouldn't go into tomorrow expecting Nintendo to "save the day". I think their showing will be solid, but it's not gonna be 44 minutes of brand new games or jaw dropping stuff IMHO. :drshrug:

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

We're in the beginning of a new console generation, which already makes things awkward, and then you throw the affects of the pandemic still being felt on top and this year was gonna be awkward no matter what.

Like, for real, I wouldn't go into tomorrow expecting Nintendo to "save the day". I think their showing will be solid, but it's not gonna 44 minutes of brand new games or jaw dropping stuff IMHO. :drshrug:
I was expecting more then Gradians of the Galaxy for 20 min, Marvel Heroes for 10 minutes and then no RPGs and more live service games. The only thing Square had that looked remotely good was the Legend of Mana remaster. It was so bad.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Like, for real, I wouldn't go into tomorrow expecting Nintendo to "save the day". I think their showing will be solid, but it's not gonna be 44 minutes of brand new games or jaw dropping stuff IMHO. :drshrug:
For all we know, we could be getting Federation Force 2

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I was expecting more then Gradians of the Galaxy for 20 min, Marvel Heroes for 10 minutes and then no RPGs and more live service games. The only thing Square had that looked remotely good was the Legend of Mana remaster. It was so bad.
I mean, in my opinion I do think the presentation sucked eggs, but to say there were no RPGs is false: They dropped info on a FF Souls-like that looks solid and are giving us good looking versions of FF I-VI finally.

Plus, Gaurdians looks really fun IMO.

People are also being hecka judgey about Platinum's new game without even knowing enough about it. Live service doesn't automatically equal bad., Is it a bit worrying? Sure, but I've played plenty of MMOs and live service games that are good. Gamers freak out whenever the words "free to play" or "microtransaction" show up without giving anything an actual chance nowadays.

Wait and see, I say. :dr^_^:

The games they did have to show were solid, it's just the presentation was poorly paced, and had little to show of the games that were truly gonna grip people. The Life is Strange segment is what really killed it, as well as not going into proper detail about Platinum's game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
2nd half of the Ridley drawings. Again, loosely based on the Smash alts, barring the Meta-Ridley ones being more traditional color swaps.

From what I understand, the guys who made the DMC mobile game, are also making a Batman and a weird Mega Man one called Rockman XZ, not ZX. Which totally won't confuse a few people. This isn't related to X-Dive so I dunno what's goin' on with that. I just want to see what the new console will be like.

Kinda lame as hell if we don't get any Gotham Knights stuff, cause we really didn't see much of Nightwing's gameplay I feel.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I mean, in my opinion I do think the presentation sucked eggs, but to say there were no RPGs is false: They dropped info on a FF Souls-like that looks solid and are giving us good looking versions of FF I-VI finally.

Plus, Gaurdians looks really fun IMO.

People are also being hecka judgey about Platinum's new game without even knowing enough about it. Live service doesn't automatically equal bad., Is it a bit worrying? Sure, but I've played plenty of MMOs and live service games that are good. Gamers freak out whenever the words "free to play" or "microtransaction" show up without giving anything an actual chance nowadays.

Wait and see, I say. :dr^_^:

The games they did have to show were solid, it's just the presentation was poorly paced, and had little to show of the games that were truly gonna grip people. The Life is Strange segment is what really killed it, as well as not going into proper detail about Platinum's game.
FF Souls is a Souls game. Not really an RPG. might have RPG mechanics. but it is not an RPG. and we have so many versions of FF1-6. What makes these more special then alllllllll the others?

Glad you liked Guardians. looked boring to me. Like the marvel heros game. And the platinum game was where I checked out. the presentation was dead at that point. And I refuse to play a game that I cannot come back to a few years down the road. I still play RPGs from 1996. anything free-to-play is designed to just be consumed and forgotten.

And I think I am one of the few that actually hated Life is Strange. So that whole segment and the "non" improvements. oh and the power of "empathy" made me meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom