• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
MooMew64 MooMew64 Wademan94 Wademan94 Noipoi Noipoi Seems like we've still got a while to wait until we get a new game for Sonic.

I suppose a reveal for one could still happen this year but I'm honestly not surprised about this. The pandemic really ****ed up their plans.
Okay, no new Sonic game until 2022. That’s okay. Don’t want another mess like Forces.

But what about...

What about Colors?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
MooMew64 MooMew64 Wademan94 Wademan94 Noipoi Noipoi Seems like we've still got a while to wait until we get a new game for Sonic.

I suppose a reveal for one could still happen this year but I'm honestly not surprised about this. The pandemic really ****ed up their plans.
Expected this, TBH. Covid hit Sega super hard, even compared to other companies that got it rough.

I think it would be best if Sonic fans put anniversary expectations on hold until next year. Holiday 2022 is probably our time.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I watched the first episode of the Inhumans. That sure was... something that people made.

From that first episode, I find it difficult to like any of the main cast aside from Lockjaw and maybe Maximus. You'd think that, somewhere along the line, having a show where the protagonists run a brutal caste system where anyone who doesn't get an interesting-looking power gets sent to the slave mines makes them tough to root for. (there's seemingly only one Inhuman with the ability to see the future, and it seems like if not for Maximus keeping him around, he would have been sent to the slave mines because his power doesn't change his appearance)

Maybe the Royal Family will realize the problems with their society and take steps to fix it, like what happened with Black Panther, but from what I've read, it doesn't seem like that's the case. No idea why anyone thought that the Inhumans could replace mutants/the X-Men, and I'm glad that (as far as I can tell) Ms. Marvel won't have any ties to this show. (I'd be fine if Lockjaw appeared in Ms. Marvel's show, but that's about it)
I have to concur with this. I have to question Scott Buck's creative decisions in which I can understand why the Inhumans was panned. In addition to the rushed scenes and story, the casts' performance lacked any kind of charisma (and a bit stiff in areas) and the costume designs looked rather bland.

No idea why anyone thought that the Inhumans could replace mutants/the X-Men, and I'm glad that (as far as I can tell) Ms. Marvel won't have any ties to this show.
If I do recall, I believe it was Ike Perlmutter (the former Marvel CEO) who wanted to push the Inhumans ahead of the X-Men and I am glad he no longer works for Marvel and Kevin Feige has full control of the MCU. The only way, I can see the Inhumans being featured within the Marvel Cinematic Universe is to reboot the entire franchise.

Are we not going to talk about the 4 at the end?
The Fantastic Four had been revealed way back during last year's Disney's Investor Meeting. I guess in the meantime, we can speculate what kind of story the MCU version should have as well as to discuss the potential cast for the roles.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Been recently looking into some FNF mods for fun and

"Oh this song is go---"

It broke into Billboard's top 50

"...oh wow."
Good Friday Night Funkin' mods are kinda few and far between, but man, when they're good, they're real good.

Oh hey, reminds me, I'm helping with one.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Can't say too much about it, but I can say I did voice over and the beeps and boops for it.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Good Friday Night Funkin' mods are kinda few and far between, but man, when they're good, they're real good.

Oh hey, reminds me, I'm helping with one.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Can't say too much about it, but I can say I did voice over and the beeps and boops for it.
In before my man Guh-Huzzah voices the next Whitty.

Seriously, this is super cool: I hope it goes well!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Honestly, I really don't like it when sites such as Kotaku and the like just call indie RPGs "the next Earthbound". When an indie company is going out of their way to try to make their own game with it's own identity, just calling it "the next Earthbound" for the sake of clicks kinda feels like you're doing a bit of a disservice to the developers if ya ask me.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Guess I'm getting a half day today. The power company just added another 4 hours to restoration, we'll after I'm done with my shift. They got multiple trucks outside

Will be using my PTO as a result, but oh well. It doesn't carry over but I didn't use it all last year anyway.

Edit, actually I think it came back on just as I was writing this. lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just got a letter in the mail about how my bank account is somehow -$8.25, but checking the bank’s app myself doesn’t show this mysterious transaction anywhere. The only thing I bought recently was $0.60 worth of cards, and I had $2 in my checking, so it can’t be that.

I’m just dumbfounded atm, because I honestly am not sure if this is a geniune hole I’ve dug, or if this is an error on the bank’s side.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
“Ma’am why are your pupils like that?”
All I'm gonna say is that Senran Kagura lore is far more wild and/or tragic than you would ever expect from just looking at any of the pictures. But if you have no interest, I'll explain in the inline spoiler below;
Her eyes are like that because they're a sign of a special power in her family; she was the only one of her siblings to inherit it. Because of it, shes been forced to become a shinobi against her will, which you would expect intensive punishment for messing something up on the path right?
Dead wrong. Whenever she would mess up, her family would just pamper and encourage her. This leaves her ill-prepared for the violent world of the shinobi, which she is fully aware and utterly terrified.
Yeah, this franchise is pretty heavy sometimes, and that's why I love it so much.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I've never really played Earthbound or any Earthbound inspired RPG besides an hour of Undertale.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I’m glad Earthbound has such a devoted fandom, but calling every single indie rpg with a sense of humor the next Earthbound really doesn’t help the game stand on its own merits.
shigesato itoi after inventing children, suburbs, and the concept of quirky creature designs

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
All I'm gonna say is that Senran Kagura lore is far more wild and/or tragic than you would ever expect from just looking at any of the pictures. But if you have no interest, I'll explain in the inline spoiler below;
Her eyes are like that because they're a sign of a special power in her family; she was the only one of her siblings to inherit it. Because of it, shes been forced to become a shinobi against her will, which you would expect intensive punishment for messing something up on the path right?
Dead wrong. Whenever she would mess up, her family would just pamper and encourage her. This leaves her ill-prepared for the violent world of the shinobi, which she is fully aware and utterly terrified.
Yeah, this franchise is pretty heavy sometimes.
I would not have expected that at first...second...third glance.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Man, I've been up since 5 in the morning thanks to work, and I just took a good decent nap, so now it feels like tommorow, even though it's only like 6 PMish here.

My whole day's outta whack.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I would not have expected that at first...second...third glance.
Practically every single playable character has some tragedy to them. From what I've played, all the major characters who haven't gone through some form of trauma can be counted on one hand. You'd have to look into a few more for yourself just to see how sad a silly franchise about curvy girls can actually be.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, I really don't like it when sites such as Kotaku and the like just call indie RPGs "the next Earthbound". When an indie company is going out of their way to try to make their own game with it's own identity, just calling it "the next Earthbound" for the sake of clicks kinda feels like you're doing a bit of a disservice to the developers if ya ask me.
I mean, journalists have an obsession with calling indie games the next "insert Triple A name here" and I never seen it go well.

If your game gets called the next Pokemon or the Pokemon killer, say bye bye to any future you might have with your career.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Man, I've been up since 5 in the morning thanks to work, and I just took a good decent nap, so now it feels like tommorow, even though it's only like 6 PMish here.

My whole day's outta whack.
I've had a few instances like that from waking up early as hell for work, and when I intend to nap for only a couple of hours or so, I end up putting in about 6-7 instead. ****s with my concept of time for sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom