• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Of course we all know that big, strong anime gals that could kick your ass are the best.

Like Miruko from MHA.
Ah yes, the character that had Twitter fuming because they thought she wasn’t voiced by a black woman.

Turns out she was voiced by a black woman, but they couldn’t tell because she didn’t sound stereotypically black.

**** was hilarious.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Elevator pitch, Nintendo exclusive Super robot wars title that has F Zero and Xenoblade X characters appear.

Of course we all know that big, strong anime gals that could kick your ass are the best.

Like Miruko from MHA.
Just like Spike Spiegel says.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ah yes, the character that had Twitter fuming because they thought she wasn’t voiced by a black woman.

Turns out she was voiced by a black woman, but they couldn’t tell because she didn’t sound stereotypically black.

**** was hilarious.
Iirc, it was white people behind Anime pfps that got super pissy about it too. I don't think I saw a black person got mad over how the hot rabbit girl sounded.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Iirc, it was white people behind Anime pfps that got super pissy about it too. I don't think I saw a black person got mad over how the hot rabbit girl sounded.
That’s how it goes, man.

Twitter folks are desperate to get angry on POCs behalf, even if we literally don’t care at all.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
That's me, I'm that trope.

But seriuosly, some of my least favorite tropes are:
"It was a misunderstanding, I swear, let me explain!" "Shut up perv" guys gets ass kicked for no reason

Girl who's just there for fanservice, but for some reason is a main character that adds nothing to the plot besides her massive mammaries.

Obligatory perv. Bonus points if it's an old man creeping on underaged girls. More points if the man knew the girls for years. More points if he gets no reprecussions for his weird ass actions.

The jealousy of the female characters. This one isn't so bad on it's own, but some of them take it way too far. This topic includes:
  • Girl who gets ultra pissy over a guy talking to another girl even though she never told him how she felt
  • Girl who gets pissy at other girls for talking to him, despite never telling them how she felt about him
  • Girl who just gropes other girls because they're bustier or some ****
  • Girl who is just a plain asshole but we're supposed to love her or some **** because she loves the MC (all this is the reason why I can't stand Familiar no Zero)
Oh, yeah, these tropes are legit terrible.

TBH while I am a huge anime guy...I have mad picky taste, lol. Mainly ‘cause of tropes like these.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Physically strong anime girls are gods greatest creation

Makoto Niijima, Tifa Lockhart, literally every girl from Street fighter. All cultured.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I can't wait for the day where vocal outcry finally gets Pikachu gets nerfed, only for people to start noticing his mediocre results and start crying that he was "overnerfed" despite nothing actually really changing.
As long as the pancake rat is smitten in the name of nerf justice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom