• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
With the current Crash situation, IDK what to think about his standings in Smash speculation.

This obviously isn't a deconfirm, but dang it's hard to imagine him being pushed by Activision ATM when they clearly care this little about anything that isn't a blind cashgrab.

Which means I have to rewrite a significant portion of my speculation video script.
If Crash is in, he woulda been chosen years ago. So this wouldn’t change anything.

If he’s not in, well his future in smash isn’t looking too hot atm.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That is true and it sucks.

I just feel like saying Crash is dead is being a bit presumptuous especially after the franchise has bounced between 4 different devs within the last few years
Vicarious Visions, Beenox, King and Toys For Bob. There is also the unknown fate of that Wumpa League game.

The fact that this conversation has to be had is dumb as hell and Activision ****in' sucks.
Iirc, Vicarious Visions was absorbed into Activision as well, so it's just Beenox, King, and Travelers Tales, and King is a mobile game developer so in twrms of a full fledged Crash game, uh... I guess Beenox and Travelers Tales is left.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
If Crash is in, he woulda been chosen years ago. So this wouldn’t change anything.

If he’s not in, well his future in smash isn’t looking too hot atm.
Those are pretty much my thoughts, yeah, it's just that with this whole thing I feel torn about not mentioning it as any kind of factor. IDK, maybe I'll put a short blurb about it in: It'd make for an easy funny.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
OK, managed to reach juuuuuuuuust before the battle with Sweetheart while still doing a tons of sidequests (feel if I done less of them and had more free time, I be already at Jawsum place). At this pace, I should arrive to the brand new stuff quite soon.

For now tho, bed time for me.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Iirc, Vicarious Visions was absorbed into Activision as well, so it's just Beenox, King, and Travelers Tales, and King is a mobile game developer so in twrms of a full fledged Crash game, uh... I guess Beenox and Travelers Tales is left.
(I mean VV and TFB are still separate studios, it's just that the entirety of the studios are working on 1 project each, Diablo 2 for VV and COD for TFB but I digress)

Unfortunately Traveller's Tales was absorbed into Warner Bros. Interactive in like 2007.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
(I mean VV and TFB are still separate studios, it's just that the entirety of the studios are working on 1 project each, Diablo 2 for VV and COD for TFB but I digress)

Unfortunately Traveller's Tales was absorbed into Warner Bros. Interactive in like 2007.
A ton of the team either left or were fired, too. Even if they make more Crash and Spyro games, it isn't gonna be the team that made the remakes and Crash 4, which is suuuuuper worrying IMHO.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
ToysForBob is exclusively working on Call of Duty: Warzone from now on...
Toys For Bob is now working on Call Of Duty.

There is no evidence either way that Crash is dead.
Well that sucks honestly on top of VV getting absorbed. And COD? Just give two teams and that's it. Series fell off with post-World at War.

View attachment 313555
Trying to get back into drawing consistently, so i doodled a freaky little caveman.
Aw.........he's scruffy cute in one!

Pretty cool drawing dude.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Beenox is also helping with the Call of Duty franchise.
Their logo appears before the title screen of the newest game.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I've heard it's pretty dark, and honestly I'm just pretty curious as to what even happens in it for that reason-
Yeah the last like 10 minutes get pretty dark with a big gut punch ending I have a feeling Disney did not like.

The show is amazing though, absolutely worth watching!

KillerCage

Smash Master
So I watched "The Mitchells vs The Machines" on Netflix.

For a Sony film, the Mitchell family were quite engaging with Rick Mitchell (the father) being my favorite. It took Katie Mitchell the longest out of the five (later seven) family members to become likeable as in it takes about 2/3 to 3/4 of the film to really care for her. I also could have done without the constant meme/Instagram inserts throughout the movie as they always bring the film to halt if briefly. What kelp me watching was the great comedy, the spectacular animation, and the heartfilling moments regarding Rick. Also PAL worked quite well as a villain as I can easily see where she's coming from. So give this movie a chance when you have the time.
I forgot to mention that "The Mitchells vs The Machine is directed by Michael Rianda, the same guy behind Gravity Falls.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah the last like 10 minutes get pretty dark with a big gut punch ending I have a feeling Disney did not like.

The show is amazing though, absolutely worth watching!
to touch on this

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! I agree that the show is great and you should definitely watch it if you’re interested. It’s got some slow moments, though if you’re binging you probably won’t notice it as much. And the pacing in general can feel a little off. But the show’s highs are very high, and I think you’ll enjoy it.

D

Deleted member

Depends on which tropes you’re referring to
I'm personally not super fond of the "idiodic shonen protagnist" trope, but that's really the main one I can think of off the top of my head I really do not like.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I will never understand how people enjoy the “clueless harem protagonist who’s oblivious to several women basically begging him to screw them” trope.

Maybe they don’t enjoy it, and they’re just here for the girls :drshrug:
anime having harems and fanservice stuff in general is a huge turn off for me. I tolerate it when they do fanservicey stuff in One Piece(cause like, at least there it's usually pretty minor and only applies for a few specific characters)but like, I watch anime for the story, not to watch animated girls wearing skimpy clothing.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
anime having harems and fanservice stuff in general is a huge turn off for me. I tolerate it when they do fanservicey stuff in One Piece(cause like, at least there it's usually pretty minor and only applies for a few specific characters)but like, I watch anime for the story, not to watch animated girls wearing skimpy clothing.
This sounds mildly hypocritical to me considering just HOW fanservicy One piece is lol

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Normal person walking down hallway: ...

Anime boy walking down hallway: Ugh..! Kch...! Ærgh...!
Normal person stubbing their toe: Ah, damnit!
Anime boy stubbing their toe: A few brief moments of silence while the camera cuts from the toe on the wall to the pained face three times over AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA proceeds to keel over and act like his leg got cut off

Noipoi

Howdy!
I can't help but think of this video every time I hear "anime sounds" nowadays.

Clear your throats ladies, goddamn.

if I wanna see booba, I’ll look for it. Lemme watch my action show.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
More like pure ******** and moaning to the point that he got Super Saiyan which is the moment becoming Super Saiyan meant literally nothing.
I wonder how he can even turn ssj nowadays he says hes pure evil but hes only 99% evil and hes definitly not 100% good so yeah!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
to touch on this

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! I agree that the show is great and you should definitely watch it if you’re interested. It’s got some slow moments, though if you’re binging you probably won’t notice it as much. And the pacing in general can feel a little off. But the show’s highs are very high, and I think you’ll enjoy it.
Oh I've seen season 1, I'm just waitin' for season 2 to drop on Disney+, currently. I don't have Disney XD or anything like that on my TV, so Disney+ is kinda the only way I can watch most Disney TV shows.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh I've seen season 1, I'm just waitin' for season 2 to drop on Disney+, currently. I don't have Disney XD or anything like that on my TV, so Disney+ is kinda the only way I can watch most Disney TV shows.
Whoops, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Well, hope season 2 drops soon. You’ll wanna see this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom