• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Apparently it was the reveal that Smash is getting a true VR mode. Now you can literally join the battle! Complete with VR headset (sold separately).
What kind of game needs two VR modes?

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
In my opinion, As much as i like them (well aside from NSMB2) I think 3D Land & World are better successors to the original 2D Mario games than the NSMB series.
The main problem I have with 3D Land/World is that they're still missing certain staples of the Mario series, such as Lakitu

TBH the gameplay is great and the level design is top notch, it just has (IMO) the ugliest Mario art style they've ever made.

I just want Mario to not look like a cheap plastic toy I'd find at a garage sale:

View attachment 311661

The colors are also super muted as well. As I said above, the game is fine, it's just that it has an extremely low effort looking aesthetic and sound design that give the game an extremely cheap and uninspired vibe.
For me, the whole "change the art style" thing just falls into the "change for the sake of change" category, radically redesigning Mario is how you run into the "Classic Sonic vs Modern Sonic" problem (and don't even get me started on the "Sonic shouldn't have blue arms" thing)

D

Deleted member

Wait, what happened to Twitter now? I was just using it, like, 15 minutes ago? What caused it to crash this time?

Last edited by a moderator:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Finished watching Alpha aka How to Train Your Wolf.

God what an emotional and moving film. T.T

One of those movies that is close to being flawless. I had a few nitpicks notably the friendship between the two should have been developed more and taken more time, should have encountered more dangers on the way, and at least been a half hour longer but overall what an amazing movie.

The sad thing is this film unfortunately bombed and it deserved better.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The main problem I have with 3D Land/World is that they're still missing certain staples of the Mario series, such as Lakitu

For me, the whole "change the art style" thing just falls into the "change for the sake of change" category, radically redesigning Mario is how you run into the "Classic Sonic vs Modern Sonic" problem (and don't even get me started on the "Sonic shouldn't have blue arms" thing)
"Dont. call. anybody."

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
To be honest I don't even know why I have Twitter anymore lol; most of my posts are just "Huh I haven't been on in a while" and then I log off for another seven months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom