• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
WHAAAAT

There was a problem fetching the tweet
So is it about the next avatar in line
an earth bender and stuff...oh dang that’s cool

Or here me out we finally get a look into momos heartfelt and heart wrenching separation from his kids when his lemur wife glided to a different tree with that ass Jared

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm trying to make myself draw more. That's partially why I started a blog: as an improvement log. I do a lot of creative stuff like novel writing but my art seems to get neglected in the process. There's just so much you can do in the day. I need to be more disciplined about it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm trying to make myself draw more. That's partially why I started a blog: as an improvement log. I do a lot of creative stuff like novel writing but my art seems to get neglected in the process. There's just so much you can do in the day. I need to be more disciplined about it.
Holy ****.

That pic look awesome!

Wish you the best on your way to improvement!

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Jesus ****ing Christ that’s amazing

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nintendo: "There are no big grand ideas for a new F-Zero game."

Also Nintendo: "Lets make another New Super Mario Bros game!"
Yeah, what they really mean with those quotes is they're not confident in the sales potential of a standard F-Zero game, so they're waiting until they have an idea which will change the formula enough to appeal it to a wider audience.

Like when FE fleshed out the whole relationship mechanic. Now IS is saying something similar with Advance Wars in that they'd like to bring it back, but since fewer people want a tank as a waifu, they're still brainstorming for a comparable hook. I'm paraphrasing, obviously.

Mario is Mario, so he needs no shakeup to sell. Hence why they can coast from NSMB to NSMB and not invoke the necessity of innovation.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Hey, 🅱eter
On further notice, the only way F-Zero can come back is if they make some kind of controller for it.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So like, did they ever explain why Cleveland Brown of all characters got his own show?
In all serious without sarcasm? I don't know, but my guess is he wanted to tap into those late '80s/early '90s black sitcoms like All in the Family and Fresh Prince. I think Cleveland's VA Mike Henry (coughyeahyeahiknowmovingoncough) had some influence too :yoshi:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
In all serious without sarcasm? I don't know, but my guess is he wanted to tap into those late '80s/early '90s black sitcoms like All in the Family and Fresh Prince. I think Cleveland's VA Mike Henry (coughyeahyeahiknowmovingoncough) had some influence too :yoshi:
I mean, Cleveland's whole shtick was that he was the straightman of the show, he was normal, there's no way they looked at him of all Family Guy characters and were like ,"Ah yeah, more of him".

But yeah, that makes sense.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of One Piece....
CBE7E414-CE20-46A5-851D-46504B1A9FEB.jpeg

after the latest chapter, I feel like this mode Zoro has is gonna be way more relevent.

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Nintendo: "There are no big grand ideas for a new F-Zero game."

Also Nintendo: "Lets make another New Super Mario Bros game!"
I still believe that the NSMB series gets too much hate, and a lot of the ideas that people suggest for it come across as "change for the sake of change"

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I still believe that the NSMB series gets too much hate, and a lot of the ideas that people suggest for it come across as "change for the sake of change"
In my opinion, As much as i like them (well aside from NSMB2) I think 3D Land & World are better successors to the original 2D Mario games than the NSMB series.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
TBH the gameplay is great and the level design is top notch, it just has (IMO) the ugliest Mario art style they've ever made.

I just want Mario to not look like a cheap plastic toy I'd find at a garage sale:

NSMBU_Inventory.png

The colors are also super muted as well. As I said above, the game is fine, it's just that it has an extremely low effort looking aesthetic and sound design that give the game an extremely cheap and uninspired vibe.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
The New Super games are perfectly fine 2D platformers. Nothing really wrong with them.

But when there are games like Sonic Mania and Tropical Freeze, exemplary examples of the heights a 2D platformer can achieve, I don’t really feel like playing a “fine” game.
Yeah, this. 2D platformers have stepped up their game a lot in recent years, but Mario still kinda "ho-hums" along to his same 'ol song and dance.

When everything is battling for your limited free time nowadays, it can be hard to settle for something I think is "just alright" VS. "Wow, this is incredible!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom