• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Well, today is gonna be a tad busy. Got a new paid role and I gotta do some typography stuff today, oh boy. Also I’m trying to draw and I will never understand how artists draw characters consistently.
I usually spend about 5 years just drawing the other eye and then slowly die inside, that's my process.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Can’t draw characters all too consistently on a model sheet either.
As you probably know already, it's something that take lots of time, fail & retry to get down. It's not very fun, but that's the price to gettin' good at drawing.

Plus, I looked at your arts for some time now, I can tell that you have made alots of small step that are starting to add up, so don't lose hope, brother. One day, you will get it down!

Last edited:

MooMew64

Can’t draw characters all too consistently on a model sheet either.
Real talk, I think it just comes with time, and even then each character drawing will have it's own little quirks. I've gotten my Inkling and MLP drawings down pretty well and they look decently consistent, but things like pony snout size and Inkling ear size can vary for me from drawing to drawing.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’m shaking.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

As you probably know already, it's something that take lots of time, fail & retry to get down. It's not very fun, but that's the price to gettin' good at drawing.

Plus, I looked at your arts for some time now, I can tell that you have made alots of small step that are starting to add up, so don't lose hope, brother. One day, you will get it down!
I know it takes a while, I’m just kinda upset with myself since I’ve been drawing for quite a while now and my art still doesn’t look as good as people who have been drawing less than I have. I feel like I should be doing better, I guess?

Noipoi

Howdy!
I know it takes a while, I’m just kinda upset with myself since I’ve been drawing for quite a while now and my art still doesn’t look as good as people who have been drawing less than I have. I feel like I should be doing better, I guess?
I’ve been drawing for 15 years, and I’m still not as good as some people who have been drawing for less time.

Practice definitely makes perfect, but the truth is some people are just more skilled than others. Not saying you’ll never improve and you should give up, I’m just saying that it may take longer for you. And that’s okay.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Trust me, I know what you're talking about. I still feel at time my art isn't good enough considered the amount of time I put.

But truth is, by saying yourself that you should absolutely be better now, you're only putting alot of weights on your shoulder, and while some weights is fine, even good on occasion, too much can put you down and not doing anything to get better. The most effective way I found to improve is either look up how other peoples do it via tutorials or looking at someone draw for hours, look up at various character design to see what work and what doesn't, and/or keep drawing again & again until something click. And even then, you're still a human, and humans are varied and learn differently at different time and have of course, limits, and it's pretty important to know one limit and know when to slow down.

What i'm sayin' is, it's OK to be upset and wanting more, so long that you act on it and don't stay down for too long. Take some breaks if necessary, but never give up, mate!

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
You are offered a job by a very rich man. He pays you to lie on bed for at least 3 hours a day in addition to the hours you sleep. With the caviot that you have a constant camera on you and he is always watching. Do you take it?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Took me all day but I FOUND it! Though i mis-remembered. Apparently it was IGN and not Sony... meaning it probably means even less then I thought it did.
current sony.
none of them.

But if Sony goes back to what it was 10-20 years ago. Legend of Dragoon.

D

Deleted member

You are offered a job by a very rich man. He pays you to lie on bed for at least 3 hours a day in addition to the hours you sleep. With the caviot that you have a constant camera on you and he is always watching. Do you take it?
I'm an outdoorsy kinda guy.

So, how about....

D

Deleted member

I’ve been drawing for 15 years, and I’m still not as good as some people who have been drawing for less time.

Practice definitely makes perfect, but the truth is some people are just more skilled than others. Not saying you’ll never improve and you should give up, I’m just saying that it may take longer for you. And that’s okay.
stop spitting so many facts all over my food

D

Deleted member

A few days ago, a few roudy middle school kids broke down a bunch of mailboxes, cussed out literally everyone, threatened to beat people up, and almost got arrested. But now they ride the exact same bus I do, so I have to listen to them recount it to each other over and over and over and over and it's SOOOOO annoying. -_-

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Shout-out to Noipoi Noipoi btw for being able to put my points in the previous discussion in much less words and be easier to read in the process.

I'm all over the place with that kind of stuff.:upsidedown:

MooMew64

On this week's episode of "Sonic Mod Creators are Actual Wizards":

Forget Sega making remakes, fanbase is already doin' it for them. :nifty:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Well, just managed to finish watching the latest episode of the Falcon & the Winter Soldier and a couple of thoughts:

• It is interesting that we get to see a character named Contessa played by Julia Louis-Dreyfus and it does make me wonder what sort of plans does she has in store perhaps within the future of the MCU especially with that card she gave to John Walker.
  • John really is becoming more mentally unstable especially when he tried to take out both Sam and Bucky just like he did with the Flag Smasher.
  • Once again, I do feel very sorry for Isaiah's character for the harsh treatment he had to undergo back in the past.
  • Its really nice to see that both Sam and Bucky having great growth and development throughout the episode.
  • It is also interesting during the scene with Sharon Carter and based on who she was talking to, it looks like she was conversing with Batroc the Leaper. Is she the Power Broker who sent Karli the text message in an earlier episode?
  • I somewhat get the feeling that Sharon sent Batroc is go undercover to probably double cross Karli and the Flag Smashers.
  • We are likely to get a glimpse of Sam's new suit in the next episode as well as John Walker who is creating his own shield in the style of the original which is where I think he will become the US Agent.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Nintendo: "There are no big grand ideas for a new F-Zero game."

Also Nintendo: "Lets make another New Super Mario Bros game!"
Difference here is that Mario is a very recognizable franchise that even peoples who don't play video games know.

F-Zero isn't that, especially with it's reputations of games being crazy hard to master and complete.

Think what Nintendo mean with those posts is more like "We don't know how to market a new F-Zero game succefully without using either a tons of money for it or a gimmick that make peoples outside the F-Zero fans hyped for it".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom