• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I just found out there's a King of fighters live action movie.

This looks awful, they white washed Kyo lol
That barely scratches the surface. Why does the KoF tournament take place in an alternate dimension? Why are Terry and Mai CIA agents? Why is there a scene where Rugal fights with a staff instead of Billy Kane?

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Of all the fighting game movies. The 1995 Mortal Kombat film stands out as the best.

Aside from the PG-13 rating, it stayed true to its source material. Even then I do appreciate it was gonna be R-rated and didn't got the PG-13 from the get-go.

See how the new film next week holds up to it and Scorpion's Revenge.

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord

dezeray112

Smash Hero
There's a live action Tekken movie too
And a live action Dead or Alive movie as well.

The reason F-ZERO is a dead series is because of how hard is it to bring back the franchise.
Is it really that difficult to do a new F-Zero game at all? I mean, they could've done something like add new racers and vehicles, new courses, track editor etc.

Guess the same could also be applied for Wave Race and 1080 Snowboarding too.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So... Simon next?
What I'm exactly thinking. I'm gonna bet this new series will be set in the 18th century revolving around Trevor's and Sypha's descendant.

Like how all the Castlevania games have done until leading to the 20th/21st century with Julius Belmont, the last lineage of the Belmont family.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

NetFlix's Castlevania is coming to an end with Season 4 on May 13th.

But there will be a new series set in the same universe.
Makes sense, Season 3 seemed to be used to building to a big confrontation between some of the parties and I don't think the series needs another season to wrap that up or the rest of the remaining plot threads. Plus I'm sure that many are looking forward to how they'll handle the other Belmonts like Simon and Richter so it's a good time to move on after this.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Of all the fighting game movies. The 1995 Mortal Kombat film stands out as the best.

Aside from the PG-13 rating, it stayed true to its source material. Even then I do appreciate it was gonna be R-rated and didn't got the PG-13 from the get-go.

See how the new film next week holds up to it and Scorpion's Revenge.
Although I do have a couple of issues with the 1995 version of the Mortal Kombat film, I still think it is one of the best fighting game movies out there.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Remember how a while ago on Twitter Sony asked which of their old IPs they wanted to see come back on PS5, and one of the logos included was the PlayStation All-Stars Logo. I do. I’m probably the only one that does. Sony probably doesn’t even remember.....

PLEASE SONY!!!!! REMEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woah, woah, woah, WHAT

I gotta see this. Even if it prolly meant nothing, I'm really ****in curious as to see which ones were there

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
how the new film next week holds up to it and Scorpion's Revenge
I'm a bit iffy on their reason for excluding Johnny Cage, considering "Cole Young" still sounds like a white name and they didn't bring back Japanese Kano.

Apparently they wanted to hide the truth, that he wasn't going to appear until the end.

Last edited:
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm a bit iffy on their reason for excluding Johnny Cage, considering "Cole Young" still sounds like a white name and they didn't bring back Japanese Kano.

Apparently they wanted to hide the truth, that he wasn't going to appear until the end.
One of my main critiques as well. Like? Was it really that hard not to do? Johnny easily could have filled in the role except for no association with Sub-Zero and being the Hollywood star he is, could still have that chosen birthmark of the Mortal Kombat logo on him.

Don't understand what lead to this decision?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Be me with another long as hell cycle today. Goes to the parliament buildings for the first time in seven years, cycling and walking there.

Gets close to the buildings as allowed then......

Shido's Palace from Persona 5 plays next on my music list!

1618594230943.png

I'm serious, it actually played next when I was close.......within a few minutes.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So me and my girl friend are going to see that demon slayer movie on the 24th with the kids, her bro and sis. My friend and her siblings love demon slayer lol
I'll wait until the Blu Ray drops to see it.

Not expecting a masterpiece in it by any means but as long as the animation and fight choreography are handled just as beautifully as they were in the anime, I'll be satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom