• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I do remeber liking CN's Friday night block that has live-action hosts and usually premiered new episodes of cartoons and TV movies.

But maybe that's just because it was a fun and quick intermission between programming instead of an actual live-action sitcom, nor a crappy attempt at one like all of their live-action sitcoms turned out, at that.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I remember watching Out of Jimmy's Head. The plot was all about some kid becoming braindead because of a theme park accident and they had to do transplant surgery from the cartoonist the theme park was named after, and thus, the cartoons came to life... Out of Jimmy's head.

It also sucked ass.
I think that was the plot of the prequel movie, which was also terrible.

Really the last thing I remember watching on the network was Flapjack, which was miles better than some of the other content airing at the time (Johnny Test was on the network) and they changed premieres from Fridays to Thursdays, which was bad for kids who go to school since they likely couldn't watch their favorites(?).

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I remember being forced to watch "Dude what would happen?" and "Destroy build destroy" when I was a kid cause my older brother loved them; idk if they were even good cause its been so long but those are like the only live action CN shows I remember.

Edit: and hole in the wall

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Guess so. The image I learned it from used the exact meme you did, funnily enough.

Following the Miller era, I'm gonna see exactly where this goes... schadenfreude may or may not be involved.
WHAT VIEWERS DID THEY RUN THIS STUPID IDEA BY?!?!

I remember watching Out of Jimmy's Head. The plot was all about some kid becoming braindead because of a theme park accident and they had to do transplant surgery from the cartoonist the theme park was named after, and thus, the cartoons came to life... Out of Jimmy's head.

It also sucked ass.
Unfortunately I think that show was the reason I actually started on the path to become a cartoonist/animator.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So can I be honest?

I actually liked Destroy Build Destroy, Incredible Crew, and Hole in the Wall. I get that they weren't cartoons on Cartoon Network, but I found them entertaining.

I never really cared for Dude What Would Happen, poor mans Mythbusters. I hated out of Jimmy's Head, and I never heard of anything else that aired on CN real.

Also, I Liked the Annoying Orange show

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Just imagine what the pitch was.

"Okay, so get this, it's Cartoon Network... BUT WE AIR SHOWS THAT AREN'T CARTOONS AT ALL!"
Reminds me of a Foxtrot strip in which Jason complains that they're the Cartoon Network and they're supposed to run Cartoons. He compares it to "a news network running stuff besides news"

Meanwhile on the News Channel Jason tuned in to, the guests debate which of their books one should buy.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I actually liked Destroy Build Destroy, Incredible Crew, and Hole in the Wall. I get that they weren't cartoons on Cartoon Network, but I found them entertaining.
One question.

How the hell did Hole in the Wall never got turned into a meme!?

You suddenly drive a car down the street and hear the guy shout "BRING ON THE WALL!" as he like "what the **** am I so supposed to do?!".

And also Hole in the Wall was a good show. Watched the UK version.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So can I be honest?

I never really cared for Dude What Would Happen, poor mans Mythbusters. I hated out of Jimmy's Head, and I never heard of anything else that aired on CN real.

Also, I Liked the Annoying Orange show
Okay, yeah, Hole in the Wall was actually entertaining. I personally don't remember anything about the other two shows you liked, though. Incredible Crew doesn't sound even vaguely familiar to me.

And to be fair, a lot of other people watched the Annoying Orange for someone besides the Orange.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've only watched CN in recent years for Adventure Time, Regular Show and Steven Universe.

All of their reboots sucked, I unfortunately missed out on Over the Garden Wall in it's time, I don't care about Gumball beyond the memes, and the day they stop spamming Teen Titans Go for good will be a historic day for the animation industry.

Noipoi

Howdy!
In preparation for Miitopia dropping next month, I’m making a **** load of Miis.

Gimme your best suggestions.

And so we don’t have any repeats, here are the Miis I’ve already made.

Waluigi
Nia
Ashley
The Grinch
Sans
Papyrus
Geno
Mario
Cynthia
Guzma
Hilda Valentine
Hank Hill
Banjo Kazooie
Nessa
Peter Griffin
All four Doki Dokis
Spinel
Sakurai

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
In preparation for Miitopia dropping next month, I’m making a **** load of Miis.

Waluigi
Nia
Ashley
The Grinch
Sans
Papyrus
Geno
Mario
Cynthia
Guzma
Hilda Valentine
Hank Hill
Banjo Kazooie
Nessa
Peter Griffin
All four Doki Dokis
Spinel
Sakurai
Matt
Steve Harvey
2D
2B
Ness

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Waluigi
Nia
Ashley
The Grinch
Sans
Papyrus
Geno
Mario
Cynthia
Guzma
Hilda Valentine
Hank Hill
Banjo Kazooie
Nessa
Peter Griffin
All four Doki Dokis
Spinel
Sakurai
You need Scatman John himself & Morshu, my guy.

Two great singer in your team could be useful, just sayin'.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

duxx

Smash Ace
Waluigi
Nia
Ashley
The Grinch
Sans
Papyrus
Geno
Mario
Cynthia
Guzma
Hilda Valentine
Hank Hill
Banjo Kazooie
Nessa
Peter Griffin
All four Doki Dokis
Spinel
Sakurai
Maybe try making Waluigi, Nia, Ashley, The Grinch, Sans, Papyrus, Geno, Mario, Cynthia, Guzma, Hilda Valentine, Hank Hill, Banjo and Kazooie, Nessa, Peter Griffen, Sayori, Yuri, Monika, Natsuki, Spinel, or Sakurai?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Maybe try making Waluigi, Nia, Ashley, The Grinch, Sans, Papyrus, Geno, Mario, Cynthia, Guzma, Hilda Valentine, Hank Hill, Banjo and Kazooie, Nessa, Peter Griffen, Sayori, Yuri, Monika, Natsuki, Spinel, or Sakurai?
Hadn’t thought of that.

Drew more Mega Man Battle Network stuff. Something with the Mets of the games, so there's alts.

Taggin' @JDCabrera Since I know he likes MMBN.
If you made this a poster I’d buy it

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just watched SomecallmeJohnny's Balan Wonderworld video.... I'm not gonna get the game anymore. And I'm even more disappointed in it. Goodbye platformers, we hardly knew ye.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
oh great...oh ****ing great WWE...another Black Wednesday (only on Thursday this year...so Black Thursday)...follow up the best wrestling time of the year with the worst time of the year

Noipoi

Howdy!
Just watched SomecallmeJohnny's Balan Wonderworld video.... I'm not gonna get the game anymore. And I'm even more disappointed in it. Goodbye platformers, we hardly knew ye.
The platformer genre is doing just fine. One bad game isn’t gonna ruin things. No one was building this up to be the savior of platformers.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The platformer genre is doing just fine. One bad game isn’t gonna ruin things. No one was building this up to be the savior of platformers.
It was a failure when it named itself Wonderworld and not Wonderland.

A revelation that still lurks in my skull.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You underestimate how STUPID these corporate executives are.
Again, maybe aside from some companies, those are just Square Enix with Balan Wonderworld. It might be the end of platformers where they are concerned, but that won't be the case for many others, or anywhere else.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
RIP Gex. I didn't know it was possible to kill the dead.
Oh brother. You are being too pessimistic, SnakeFighter. It's not the end of platformers.

First, hating memes, and now, platformers dead because of a single game? What's next? A conspiracy theory on Mickey Mouse and Disney buying the whole video game industry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom