• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh brother. You are being too pessimistic, SnakeFighter. It's not the end of platformers.

First, hating memes, and now, platformers dead because of a single game? What's next? A conspiracy theory on Mickey Mouse and Disney buying the whole video game industry?
it's hard not to be when the only evidence for things getting better is just "well... they HAVE to at some point!"

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
After the failure of Balan Wonderworld, executives at Nintendo have decided to scrap Odyssey 2's development in favor of a gritty, open world zombie survival Mario FPS.
I owned this shirt back in 4th grade
I hope you realize this means I have to block you now.

Don't take it personally.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hadn’t thought of that.

If you made this a poster I’d buy it
I might. I see a lot of people sell their fan-art, but I'm always worried about Lawyers showing up for my stuff anyway. That's why all the stuff I sell is original work. Then again, some people can just straight up sell manga panels/comic covers on shirts can call it a day. Obviously I could just take it down, but you never know.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
After the failure of Balan Wonderworld, executives at Nintendo have decided to scrap Odyssey 2's development in favor of a gritty, open world zombie survival Mario FPS.
I hope you realize this means I have to block you now.
Finally, I've been waiting years for Larry Koopa: Zombie Heartbreaker to be released.

Noipoi

Howdy!
it's hard not to be when the only evidence for things getting better is just "well... they HAVE to at some point!"
But, they have been?

Mario Odyssey, A Hat in Time, the Crash and Spyro revivals, Yooka-Laylee and the impossible lair?

All newer platformers that all did very well. Some more well than others, but still.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Saying goodbye to Claudia in New Horizons today. It’s bittersweet, but I only need two archetypes maximum on my island. Besides, my niece loves Whitney, and Olivia’s one of my absolute favorites, so it only made sense. I got her photo anyway, so I kinda broke even while she was here.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well on the good news of the week at long last (outside of my cycling) one of my IRL wants me to give him the story piece I made so as with the crowd who is interested in my story, gonna write a new indepth of the one I made slowly over the next few days.

Still feels like practically everyone has been ****ing useless family wise for getting through this hard time so at least that is good news friends wise.

View attachment 311438
DoNt LoOk At Me WiTh ThOsE bIg OlE eYeS
That image is the most cursed thing.

Drew more Mega Man Battle Network stuff. Something with the Mets of the games, so there's alts.

Taggin' @JDCabrera Since I know he likes MMBN.
Dude I wouldn't have bothered tagging him.

He's fully left the community and everything attached to it. Probably forgot to ask the mods to delete his account.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
As far as CN Real goes, I liked Dude What Would Happen, Hole in the Wall, and Destroy Build Destroy. I also checked out some of their other shows like Level Up, Incredible Crew, Tower Prep, and that rollercoaster game show, though they weren't as memorable.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm still a bit miffed that he didn't bother to say anything to me about it. Thought we were cool.
Eh, he got lot alot of baggage on his back as they say. It suck if he is truly gone without a word, but so long he is happier wherever he is, I can respect his choice.

Of course, if something really bad happen for him in the future, then having a way to contact him is important, but it's hard to tell atm.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
But, they have been?

Mario Odyssey, A Hat in Time, the Crash and Spyro revivals, Yooka-Laylee and the impossible lair?

All newer platformers that all did very well. Some more well than others, but still.
Not to mention the Mega Man and Mega Man X collections each sold more than 1 million. And so did Mega Man 11. Hell, even Konami is making a new Fuuma game, which is basically Japanese mythology Castlevania. Gunvolt 3's comin' out.

Speaking of, there's a game called SpeedRunners that's pretty cheap. It's a fun VS platformer where you run laps around a stage to get the opponents off-screen.

I'm still a bit miffed that he didn't bother to say anything to me about it. Thought we were cool.
I try to catch up with him on Discord and Twitter, but I also try to give the dude his space too.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I LOVE how much Yakuza 7 is leaning in on the Dragon quest thing. When party members join you it imitates Dragon quest 8 and 11's little camera angle when party members join the leader and the loading screen has DQ styled sprites for the characters.

Donald Duck did Zetta Flare, so I'm fairly certain that hes got the power to control the video game industry.
That scene has been living rent free in our heads for over 2 years at this point lol

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Eh, he got lot alot of baggage on his back as they say. It suck if he is truly gone without a word, but so long he is happier wherever he is, I can respect his choice.

Of course, if something really bad happen for him in the future, then having a way to contact him is important, but it's hard tell atm it seem.
I understand him wanting to deal with personal issues that have been plaguing him for a while but why (supposedly) discard us completely over them? Just find it a bit odd how sudden the decision was considering we've only been trying to help him.

But if he's truly happier this way, I suppose that's what matters.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Have any of you at all heard from him recently? I was gonna check in but discord wouldn't let me message him
Yeah and he left the Discord server (the one we're in DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu ) without saying anything as well. Me and a few others tried to message him but he just didn't respond so I gave up.

I liked the kid but he was a real dilemma of a person because of his past. I just gave up to let him go his own path for the better for him. Hope he's doing alright. And without him and a few others I wouldn't have felt as welcoming here.

I understand him wanting to deal with personal issues that have been plaguing him for a while but why (supposedly) discard us completely over them? Just find it a bit odd how sudden the decision was considering we've only been trying to help him.
IMO but I he has very heavy personal demons and he comes from a place where standing up on your own is like the order of the day mentality if that makes sense.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
One thing you might have noticed with JDC is him thinking his mere presence cause problems, even though it really doesn't.

That along with worrying about lots of stuff and lots of personal IRL problems is probably why he quitted this forum for a while. (atleast I hope it's only a while)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
He's gone offline many times before so maybe he'll come back

I don't think i've seen him go off to this extent before though so idk, hopefully he's ok
I also seen other folks taking break from this forum for a while to gather one thought & whatnot.

The fact he also quitted the discord server is concerning I admit, but I hope he is still doing OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom