• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think we all know that for me it’s PlayStation All-Stars, but I wanna hear what the equivalent is for you guys. A game you absolutely love, you replay all the time despite acknowledging its potential flaws and you would love to see a sequel to. But you know is never gonna come because of dozens of complicated factors. I’m curious.
Adventure 2.

D

Deleted member

I think we all know that for me it’s PlayStation All-Stars, but I wanna hear what the equivalent is for you guys. A game you absolutely love, you replay all the time despite acknowledging its potential flaws and you would love to see a sequel to. But you know is never gonna come because of dozens of complicated factors. I’m curious.
For me, it has to be Digimon Masters Online.

It's a terrible game with ludicrous grinding, loot boxes, and overall pretty low quality, even for MMO standards, but the idea of a Digimon MMORPG is just so appealing I come back to it every so often just to see how much worse it's gotten. It would be amazing if they would hand over the rights back to Bandai, because as it stands the game just straight up sucks. They literally have been locking new stuff behind paywalls of $300+ dollars and hasn't gotten any f2p content in actual years.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
A game I never stop thinking about is Persona 3 but that already got a sequel so... Bayonetta 2 Sonic Unleashed?

I think there was a lot of good that game did that SEGA never replicated because of the complaints it got.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
A game I never stop thinking about is Persona 3 but that already got a sequel so... Bayonetta 2 Sonic Unleashed?

I think there was a lot of good that game did that SEGA never replicated because of the complaints it got.
Quite a shame. Unleashed is my favorite game, too.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Been sitting here trading with this Digger Bro to stockpile items. Surprised my (A) button hasn't fallen off my controller.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I love going on Twitter and seeing everyone make the same tired jokes on a post.

Yes, okay, guys, I get it - Harrison Ford is pretty old to be playing Indiana Jones now. You can stop with the nursing home jokes.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Well I don't really play it anymore but I always thought it would be kinda neat if punch time explosion got a sequel with some of the modern cartoon network characters; I think I shared a roster for it on here once.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Pokemon Go. I know the game has several major flaws and all, but geez I have a good time playing it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I love going on Twitter and seeing everyone make the same tired jokes on a post.

Yes, okay, guys, I get it - Harrison Ford is pretty old to be playing Indiana Jones now. You can stop with the nursing home jokes.
There’s the problem right there.
56MhaZu.jpg

I'M GONNA GO ON TWITTER DOT COM TO CALL SHADOW A GIANT ***** AND A HALF.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I almost forgot about Epic Mickey 2. I know most people think it's inferior to the first one but I spent so much time messing around with two-player mode with my brother. I'd kill for a sequel that also has multiple playable characters.

Remember the genderbent episodes of Adventure Time that all turned out to be apart of Ice King's horny fantasy? What even was that show?

And why is Fionna kinda bad?
Go to horny jail, do not pass go.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I FINALLY got into my Steam account after 6 months of trying. Unfortunately, since it took so long, I wasn’t able to get the main game I wanted which was that Streets of Rage X Yakuza game. Anyone know if there’s another way to get it?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Brutal Legend. It was an insane tribute to classic rock... that alienated people when it turned out that it was more of a real-time-strategy game than what the demo indicated. We got Psychonauts 2, so it's possible, but with the passing of Lemmy Kilmister, I'm not so sure. (they could write around his character's absence, but it wouldn't be the same)

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
The SCP foundation is fascinating when it comes to tone. You have all these reality-warping artifacts and beings, impossible-to-destroy monstrosities, malevolent microscopic life forms, things that would get me banned from this site for namedropping...

And then there's just things like a guy that gets verbal abuse from seals. It's brilliant.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I FINALLY got into my Steam account after 6 months of trying. Unfortunately, since it took so long, I wasn’t able to get the main game I wanted which was that Streets of Rage X Yakuza game. Anyone know if there’s another way to get it?
I don't think so (for some unfathomable reason, it was only available for two or three days), but you're not missing much. It's the same three levels on a loop, and I think they're ripped directly from one of the Streets of Rage games. (I want to say Streets of Rage 2?)

This video gives you the entire experience.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I bet it was that scene in particular caused CN to start skewing towards even younger audiences.
I got banned from watching Adventure Time and Regular Show because they said "crap" like every five words, and I hated the ban because Adventure Time premiered on my birthday and I was super stoked to watch all of it.

Looking back at them... I understand why.

Speaking if which, I just remembered that ine genderbent AT episode where literally of of the scenes was just Cake twerking for like 5 minutes and her asscheeks took up like half of the screen.

CN was WILDING

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Speaking of Cartoon Network, I'm still working my way through Ed Edd n Eddy and other classics that I remembered. (aka, the ones that aired in the mid 2000s)

After I finish classic Powerpuff Girls, I... will not watch the reboot. If I want the reboot I'll boot up Lego Dimensions and roam the world there instead. Same with Teen Titans Go.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
That depends. Did Christina Miller take the helm around that time?

Speaking of which, seems like CN Real is coming back.
Miller started her tenure around 2014, the year after TTG launched. Although she left last year, the network rarely shows anything new these days, with Gumball and TTG taking up more than 60% of the run time (this doesn't count Adult Swim, which, although favoring Fox shows, is more balanced and sometimes airs shows that long ended (this doesn't count Saturday nights, which is Toonami).

As for CN Real, the only Real thing I remember was Out of Jimmy's Head... I left the network the year after it premiered and went to Disney Channel for their shows... of which there was only one cartoon airing at the time (Phineas and Ferb)

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'll so a whole how I've been feeling today wise to keep you guys up to date in a bit. Don't know if I'm losing it or recovering or what. Like two whirlpools colliding with each other. My personality is changing without a doubt from my dog's death.

However on a funnyish note of today some 14 year olds tried to harass and stop me on my bike unless do a wheelie (as kids in Northern Ireland really love to egg people on.) which annoyed the crap out of me for obvious reasons. So I was like to them yeah I'll do it, got on my bike and told them to hold this McDonalds bag (crushed cheeseburger in it), they stepped back.....and I rode off shouting "**** yous!".

Easily Mirror's Edge, both original and Catalyst.

That feeling of movement in the games is something else and feels so freeing. Art Direction and Music is also pretty great too and Faith was a great character, just in a very crap story.

Wish more games picked up on the first person parkour mechanic. Only Dying Light ever managed to do it semi-decently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom