• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Man Pokken Tournament had such a fantastic roster selection. I mean it's not like I wouldn't add anything (who wouldn't), but they still managed to get such an amazing mix of fan favorites and pokemon who'd make sense in a fighting game while still finding room for oddballs like Grogunk and Chandelure. It may not have been the deepest fighting game ever but it's still such a fun time.

I'm a Shadow Mewtwo main by the way. While there's a lot of pokemon I love in the roster (Sceptile, Charizard, Suicune), Shadow Mewtwo is the one who's play style stuck with me most. He just has so many options and his high risk / high reward nature makes matches so exciting. Who did you all play back during that 1 month where Pokken was cool?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Man Pokken Tournament had such a fantastic roster selection. I mean it's not like I wouldn't add anything (who wouldn't), but they still managed to get such an amazing mix of fan favorites and pokemon who'd make sense in a fighting game while still finding room for oddballs like Grogunk and Chandelure. It may not have been the deepest fighting game ever but it's still such a fun time.

I'm a Shadow Mewtwo main by the way. While there's a lot of pokemon I love in the roster (Sceptile, Charizard, Suicune), Shadow Mewtwo is the one who's play style stuck with me most. He just has so many options and his high risk / high reward nature makes matches so exciting. Who did you all play back during that 1 month where Pokken was cool?
I only played the arcade version once but I chose Machamp at the time.

D

Deleted member

Funny you bring up Pokken Tournament, because....
I was gonna post this anyway

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Pokken Tournament had a lot of good choices, but to me several regions are underreperesented. Namely, Johto and Unova only have one each (so does Alola, but it was so new I could excuse it) and Kalos and Hoenn only have two. It's very mishmashed.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
couldn't watch soccer...but I can play it. It was fun to play it in High School...almost broke a water fountain once kicking the ball to get a goal
Soccer/Football is alwasy something that is big in my country and I've been a huge fan of Manchester United since I was young. In addition, I've also played soccer/football back in high school where I usually play as goalkeeper position and sometimes defender position.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Soccer/Football is alwasy something that is big in my country and I've been a huge fan of Manchester United since I was young. In addition, I've also played soccer/football back in high school where I usually play as goalkeeper position and sometimes defender position.
I could never be a goalkeeper due to the inability to stay still with lots of action going on

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
we should all get some Purple Urkel together

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Random Fact: Batman vs. Godzilla back in the 60s was actually intended to be a film starring Adam West as Batman.

Too bad that didn't come to fruition because I would have found this intriguing and also curious how Batman would have fought Godzilla. Like would Batman be fighting Godzilla in some giant mecha he builds? Makes me really wonder.

Noipoi

Howdy!

I was a Gardevoir main. Something about her play style really clicked with me back then.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Random Fact: Batman vs. Godzilla back in the 60s was actually intended to be a film starring Adam West as Batman.

Too bad that didn't come to fruition because I would have found this intriguing and also curious how Batman would have fought Godzilla. Like would Batman be fighting Godzilla in some giant mecha he builds? Makes me really wonder.
Godzilla Repellent Bat-Spray

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
D

Deleted member

I need to do a small self led coding project for my coding class and-
Screenshot 2021-04-15 10.05.42 AM.png

WHY IS THIS NOT ****ING WORKING?!?????

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
woah ESAM has a massive potty mouth...also smoke dat Purple Urkel when it releases this year

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Twintannia, an eidolon that debuted in FFV that isn't quite as famous as Atomos.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So I recently watched the third Mighty Ducks film. I have to say, it felt like a bag of missed opportunities and the weakest out of the three movies in my opinion.

The film's plot was way too messy with a number of noticable plot holes such as how did Adam Banks end up playing for the Warriors? In addition, I felt like they really missed a huge opportunity for growth and character development especially with Charlie and Ted Orion who could've had more scenes to understand one and other. It wasn't until Bombay came back for Jans funeral and explaining to Charlie about Orion's history was the only highlight of the entire film.

Overall rating: 3/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom