• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Really the only difference between the two is a different artstyle(with a dash of cultural differences)

That said, I vastly prefer anime to american cartoons, mostly cause when I watch anime, I'm usually getting a vastly intriguing and open story, along with a nice, clean artstyle and worldbuilding, not a saturday morning comedy.*

*that's not to say all american cartoons are "just comedys and nothing else" but being american myself, I've watched a ton of them, and most of them lean into the episodic "plot of the day with tiny lore sprinkled in" type of story, which isn't really my style.
Boy, get some Aang in your life.

D

Deleted member

Boy, get some Aang in your life.
I actually have watched Avatar, and it's an amazing show on it's own. I just don't like the overwhelming amount of american shows that have each episode be it's own self contained thing, with an overarching plot underneath it all. I like the overacrching story to be at the forefront, tis all.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I was thinking of a bald eagle shooting an American-made gun carrying an American flag and wearing an Uncle Sam outfit holding a hot dog and it has USA on its chest.

D

Deleted member

there's something amazing about artist soundchecks that you don't get in the studio albums

spoiling because of swearing

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Really the only difference between the two is a different artstyle(with a dash of cultural differences)
I'd say the different stylistic choices we tend to see between anime and American cartoons are cultural differences. And even then the line still gets really blurred sometimes.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What is the most American thing ever?
Metal Wolf Chaos. You play as US President Michael Wilson, who uses a heavily-armed robot to save America (while blowing up a large part of America), starts out the game by shouting "LET'S PARTYYYYYYY!!!" as he leaps out of the White House, and says that he can do anything because he's "the president of the Great United States of America!"

Ironic, because until recently, it wasn't even released in the United States.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So thought I'd change pfp. Something to signal me getting over this grieving.

And my mind is like two whirlpools at the minute.

So today was rough again. Had a freakout, a cryout, cycled to the part of my hometown where I was born which took nearly two hours there and two hours back. Cycling to help grieve.
And had an anger meltdown of how crap everything was.
My brothers despite grieving is doing jack ****.

and one is in hospital for panic attacks and I feel lonely in the house. My friends can't really do much for various but understandable reasons. Well the ones who live in my hometown could but they are useless. One even had a day off today and didn't do anything for me.

I swear, **** like this is what puts people down a dark path.

Well at least I got a decent sandwich at a food stand and got my debit card sorted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom