• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I mean, after what (allegedly) happened to the ESRB leaker, I wouldn't be surprised if people kept info to themselves.

Nintendo doesn't mess around.
Was it more than just getting fired and sued? That's already pretty scary stuff right there.

On the topic of PapaGenos, was any of his info actually right in the end? Like, besides what Shroob Shroob shared with him about Spirits, was he the first to report on anything? Does he really have any kind of solid track record?

Shroob

Sup?
GameXplain barely covers Nintendo leaks anymore unless Nintendo does a ****y wucky and leaks it themselves.

Which they have been doing a lot lately, it's weird.
Honestly, I'm amazed that people took their instant dismissal of the Grinch leak to be a positive thing.

Maybe it was because people hadn't picked up on Jon at the time, but the fact that they blew it off soo casually, as did pretty much every big name leaker, should have sent a giant red flag...

But the heart wants, what the heart wants.

MooMew64

Honestly, I'm amazed that people took their instant dismissal of the Grinch leak to be a positive thing.

Maybe it was because people hadn't picked up on Jon at the time, but the fact that they blew it off soo casually, as did pretty much every big name leaker, should have sent a giant red flag...

I remember going back and forth on it because both sides had compelling arguments to me. In the end though, I think I just hit the realization that it was really too good to be true. It really didn't add up that everyone who was prominent in the Nintendo scene said it was bunk, too.

I just wanna know who made it now.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean, what do you want insiders to say, come out and say "Okay mates, this is what's in the game, peace"? Because that's how you get eyes on you that you don't want.

Verg's the perfect scapegoat in that regard, he's gotten way, WAY more **** wrong in his life than he's gotten right, meaning that he's the perfect guy to drip feed info to, but not enough to make it seem suspicious.

Look at how he had no *ing idea about K.Rool and had to ask LOZ18 of all people about him, and didn't know any Echoes aside from Ken, Verg was literally getting tablescraps while everyone else kept that * close to their chest, they literally had to.
I mean that’s literally what happened lol.

Verge was like
“Oh it’s Ridley, or it’s Ken, etc.

SalRomano was like:
“Here’s most of the roster have fun”

oh that was definitely a red flag. That’s what I found most interesting during the grinch leak because they would also entertain real things but never fakes

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It’s not like five different parties reporting on it though.

It’s one source, the Admins. Again could be wrong but they been right before and been wrong before. It’s 50/50.

Aso several sites reported the original information as well. Just not with as much detail. For example here:

And there Are several other sites where you can find reports on the original details. This shows the document likely existed. Recent reports are saying they’ve seen the full thing and that’s what fueled the new rumors.

Again by no means is it full confirmed but I don’t think it’s something to not entertain a little
Piggybacking is a hugely popular thing in the "leak" community. Those articles don't do anything to support these rumors.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
I’m inaguarel posting on page fourteen for the new thread boys

I’m always late to the fun

It was confusing as hell to come back to the wasteland of the old thread let me tell you

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

It's funny that Jon leaked a whole direct, and then almost never leaked ever again, and people are still hounding him on whether something's true or not.

I hope he's doing well with becoming a father and all. It's gonna be odd without him on GX.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean that’s literally what happened lol.

Verge was like
“Oh it’s Ridley, or it’s Ken, etc.

SalRomano was like:
“Here’s most of the roster have fun”

oh that was definitely a red flag. That’s what I found most interesting during the grinch leak because they would also entertain real things but never fakes
Sal's info was outdated though, and still at the time relatively obscure. To be honest, the Smash scene had never truly had a leak like Gematsu before that point, and Gematsu was really the tipping point for leak culture to come about. We had 100% had leaks in the past, Brawl had some very infamous ones, but Gematsu was the first, real time it changed, and has forever diverted the course of speculation to revolve around leaks going forward. Don't forget that Sal's source was also wrong on his most infamous occasion.

I feel like Verg is very lucky, but at the same time, if a dumbass like me could get their hands on info, it wasn't that hard in regards to Ultimate, I just didn't have the same kind of attention as someone like Verg had, nor did, or do, I want it.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Was it more than just getting fired and sued? That's already pretty scary stuff right there.

On the topic of PapaGenos, was any of his info actually right in the end? Like, besides what Shroob Shroob shared with him about Spirits, was he the first to report on anything? Does he really have any kind of solid track record?
He was the first(?) to claim Banjo & Kazooie were coming to Smash, saying his source had a source who would definitely know (I guess someone at Microsoft?). VRPlant also shared stuff with him before Sabi blurted out VRPlant’s E3 info on twitter.

He did think Grinch Leak could be real, but it was based on a theory he discussed with his source; his source claimed they were DLC before theorizing with him.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
He was the first to claim Banjo & Kazooie were coming to Smash, saying his source had a source who would definitely know (I guess someone at Microsoft?). VRPlant also shared stuff with him before Sabi blurted out VRPlant’s E3 info on twitter.
I mean, good for him, but forgive me if I'm sus.

Because I'm still giving that title to Shinobi in the end.

D

Deleted member

mmmmm... just had some delicious ice cream at 9 pm at night. Don't think I'll be sleeping for awhile now but eh.

Shroob

Sup?
Can we say that VRPlant is dead?

He disappeared shortly after Banjo, so Nintendo probably blew up his house.
Honestly, with how people used to think that VRPlant somehow had access to Nintendo's Youtube account, I'm surprised no one took the more obvious answer of:

"They're probably just a gaming journalist getting press kits"

Imran, Zhunge and Emily all kinda have been doing what VRPlant did for the last couple months now.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

He had Vrplant who leaked a lot, he knew a bunch of mii costumes prior, he knew of banjo, etc. he definitely gets info from time to time.
Piggybacking is a hugely popular thing in the "leak" community. Those articles don't do anything to support these rumors.
That’s very true but I really don’t see people doing that two years later. It’s also not impossible that people get the same info. Hence again all the insiders knew of incenroar, that’s doesn’t mean they are Piggybacking though.
It's funny that Jon leaked a whole direct, and then almost never leaked ever again, and people are still hounding him on whether something's true or not.

I hope he's doing well with becoming a father and all. It's gonna be odd without him on GX.
I think he also is working for Nintendo Life or My Nintendo News now

Shroob

Sup?
He had Vrplant who leaked a lot, he knew a bunch of mii costumes prior, he knew of banjo, etc. he definitely gets info from time to time.

That’s very true but I really don’t see people doing that two years later. It’s also not impossible that people get the same info. Hence again all the insiders knew of incenroar, that’s doesn’t mean they are Piggybacking though.

I think he also is working for Nintendo Life or My Nintendo News now
So, lemme get this straight.

This leak is built off a supposed document that leaked 2 years ago, but was never seen, and now people have claimed to see it?

......excuse my coarseness but as a HUGE Crash stan this reeks of bull****.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, with how people used to think that VRPlant somehow had access to Nintendo's Youtube account, I'm surprised no one took the more obvious answer of:

"They're probably just a gaming journalist getting press kits"

Imran, Zhunge and Emily all kinda have been doing what VRPlant did for the last couple months now.
In all fairness, Emily gets a lot wrong, and Imran and Zhuge are just cryptic or vague as hell.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean, good for him, but forgive me if I'm sus.

Because I'm still giving that title to Shinobi in the end.
Nah it was Papa Genos, it’s why he believed the Grinch leak. He had a source who sent him identification and he proved they worked for Microsoft. They said Banjo was in and they why he knew.
So, lemme get this straight.

This leak is built off a supposed document that leaked 2 years ago, but was never seen, and now people have claimed to see it?

......excuse my coarseness but as a HUGE Crash stan this reeks of bull****.
I believe at least partially. The problem is this original thing has flown under the radar. But the report contained info on the switch version like mentioned, crash 4, and the mobile game as well as smash’s Supposedly. Given how long it took for Steve I would not be shocked if other characters have been negotiated back and forth. Regardless as I said it’s not full confirmed or anywhere near it, but I found it interesting and given my knowledge of the industry a document like this could easily be in circulation somewhere.

Shroob

Sup?
Nah it was Papa Genos, it’s why he believed the Grinch leak. He had a source who sent him identification and he proved they worked for Microsoft. They said Banjo was in and they why he knew.

I believe at least partially. The problem is this original thing has flown under the radar. But the report contained info on the switch version like mentioned, crash 4, and the mobile game as well as smash’s Supposedly. Given how long it took for Steve I would not be shocked if other characters have been negotiated back and forth. Regardless as I said it’s not full confirmed or anywhere near it, but I found it interesting and given my knowledge of the industry a document like this could easily be in circulation somewhere.
I mean, he can say whatever the **** he wants, he's given us 0 reason to trust him is the thing.

It's not like Banjo was this super obscure thing that no one talked about, literally everyone talked about Banjo, him just saying "I heard Banjo" from a source isn't evidence, because frankly put, Banjo was a very talked about character.

He can claim he was the first to leak it, but that's also taking him for his word and assuming he's not lying, which, let's not kid ourselves, Banjo was like the most discussed character flat out.

MooMew64

So uhhh... got my work schedule for next week

At pretty much last minute, I requested off 8pm to midnight next Tuesday just so I can be there for the Steve drop

They ended up giving me that whole day off
Yooooooo that's rad.

People here wanna make an Arena when Steve releases? Y'all get to have free wins if you play me. :nifty:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean, he can say whatever the **** he wants, he's given us 0 reason to trust him is the thing.

It's not like Banjo was this super obscure thing that no one talked about, literally everyone talked about Banjo, him just saying "I heard Banjo" from a source isn't evidence, because frankly put, Banjo was a very talked about character.

He can claim he was the first to leak it, but that's also taking him for his word and assuming he's not lying, which, let's not kid ourselves, Banjo was like the most discussed character flat out.
I mean by that logic Shinobi doesn’t count either. Sure they’ve had information but they said banjo a week before E3. Regardless iirc Genos showed the original DMs way back before anything else. I don’t think he boasts of knowing it first, but there was definitely genuine info there at least how he saw it.

D

Deleted member

Yooooooo that's rad.

People here wanna make an Arena when Steve releases? Y'all get to have free wins if you play me. :nifty:
If I can find the time on the day steve drops(unlikely considering school and all the cleaning we've been doing, unless Steve drops on a Wednesday) I would be down. Just need to work out my schedule and see if I have any time.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Imagine speculation with no leaks whatsoever.

Steve was a wonderful surprise in part because, aside from Verge saying there'd be Minecraft representation (that took ages to actually be revealed in respect to when he first leaked that specific info) he wasn't really leaked at all.

As someone who's seen so many leaks, legitimate and illegitimate alike, turn this fanbase into boiling cesspools of tearing at one and other's throats, I'd much prefer that no further info about the game gets leaked at all. But, that' s just me.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If all the Nintendo fighters in Smash had a job to do for Nintendo other thanthe Pits since...illiterate, and Palutena cause she's a ****, what would they be?

Obviously Mario will be the usual head honcho of the company and Link+Pikachu+Kirby+Samus will be his hired goons...but what about someone like Ganondorf

Shroob

Sup?
I mean by that logic Shinobi doesn’t count either. Sure they’ve had information but they said banjo a week before E3. Regardless iirc Genos showed the original DMs way back before anything else. I don’t think he boasts of knowing it first, but there was definitely genuine info there at least how he saw it.
Shinobi has a proven track record, Papa's a funny Youtube man who relies on people telling him ****, and the fact he covers a lot of fake **** means he's about as clueless as your regular person.

Papa's track record is that he's a mouth for other people to talk through, and because of that, he parrots a lot of wrong information too.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Shinobi has a proven track record, Papa's a funny Youtube man who relies on people telling him *, and the fact he covers a lot of fake * means he's about as clueless as your regular person.

Papa's track record is that he's a mouth for other people to talk through, and because of that, he parrots a lot of wrong information too.
Thats fair and absolutely true. But like everything else, there’s also a little bit of truth everywhere. He doesn’t aim to be a leaker just share the current events of the community. Which is a good way to go about things imo. That way you can weigh real and fake and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom