• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
oh wow, so they basically just included the entirety of Classic Sands of Time as preorder bonus huh? That’s super dope. I heard somewhere that Classic Sands of Time is actually fully included in the remake but that could’ve been a rumor.

Edit: never mind it’s not SoT it’s PoP1 that’s included.
No...it's just a set skins, though, honestly, that would make the experience a lot better for me. x'D Though now that I think about it, despite the Prince looking closer to the original (therefore way better) he would clash with the other characters like Farah and Jaffar Wannabe. But still, it would be a huge improvement just to see THE Prince and not the more bland one. This would make me want to reconsider about getting the game, so, maybe in the future, AS LONG as those classic skins are present... ; - ;

Wait, you mean like the VERY first game?

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Sounds reasonable to me. I mean, the original Sands of Time literally also had Prince of Persia 1989 as an unlockable, sooo...
Wait, did it really? I had no idea. Did it also have it on the PC version? That's the one I have played, honestly, directly from Uplay.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I saw where it is...goddangit. One day I am going to replay again just in case it's there.

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
Wait, did it really? I had no idea. Did it also have it on the PC version? That's the one I have played, honestly, directly from Uplay.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I saw where it is...goddangit. One day I am going to replay again just in case it's there.
1602064011102.png

Damn.
I played it through on GCN and PC, the PC version is obviously the best due to the improved framerate mostly, but I didn't realize it wasn't on PC.

AndreaAC

View attachment 288649
Damn.
I played it through on GCN and PC, the PC version is obviously the best due to the improved framerate mostly, but I didn't realize it wasn't on PC.
:C Aw, that's a huge bummer! Thanks for showing it! Though, well, at least the game is still great so I might replay it for nostalgia's sake (as long as I don't play it after using Steam, because that causes Uplay to not recognize the mouse peripheral). The one non-Ubisoft Prince of Persia game I played was the one called "Prince of Persia: Harem Adventures" on a old Nokia Shellphone. It was really fun to play it as a kid. Though it totally flew past me that was even the title, and I just found one of the many wives annoying.

Shroob

Sup?
Even though I give a big 🤔 of doubt towards that earlier leak, I really doubt that if Crash is in, that he'd be CP8. Much like Steve was probably meant to be at E3 this year as a big "WHOA!"-type of reveal, if we're getting Crash, I feel like E3 is the only logical place to drop him.

As for who I think CP8 is, with all the rumors around him and Koei going on atm, I kinda feel like it almost has to be Hyabusa. We've been hearing multiple leakers talk about Hyabusa for awhile now, which makes me think he could very well be next in line to be dropped sometime early next year around January/February.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am going to be nervous of speculation as time moves forward.

As CP8 is revealed, then CP9, and then CP10...

People are going to get more angsty and aggressive. The time is ticking for their most wanted characters to get in Ultimate.

And here is where things hit the maximum salt point. When CP11 happens...

Prepare for huge chaos. You will see a lot of, "THEY PUT IN BYLETH, MIN MIN, AND STEVE, BUT NOT (Insert Character Name Who Won't Be in Smash)???".

We will see all complaints of Ultimate and the characters merged into one evil beast in this thread. The salt will be enormous, and people will already be desperate for the next game after Ultimate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So Mario 64 is as jank as usual, I get pretty frustrated at times (because of the limited technology) but other than that it's an enjoyable game, currently I stopped when I was struggling trying to manage with Hazy Maze 100 coins.
Honestly the controls are kinda limiting my enjoyment of the game. I dunno, though, maybe I’m just not good at it, haha.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Honestly the controls are kinda limiting my enjoyment of the game. I dunno, though, maybe I’m just not good at it, haha.
I've played it on an actual Nintendo 64, on the Wii VC, and on the Switch. The N64 is by far the better controlling experience because the C-Stick isn't actually a stick. I can't tell you how many times I get hit by something because when I try to move my camera I move it up, then Mario loses all momentum and stands there just to zoom in.

The worst mission prior was after beating Big Boo on the rooftop and trying to navigate while so far zoomed out, I entirely forgot you could change it to the Mario cam where it shows you a pathway to walk around to get to the star.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So after buying it myself, I think the 3D All-Stars collection is definitely a terrible collection pack, but they're good Mario games so I don't really care, not even for the $60 price tag instead of a usual $40 for collections, because getting all three individually would've been more expensive either way. Perhaps COVID got Nintendo ****ed up so they couldn't pretty it up, or maybe they knew what they were doing with scummy business practices and limited release times. The ports aren't perfect and I know of the jank within each game, and I knew it from the start since each Nintendo console, either in control scheme or in dated technology, was going to be radically different to today's time. They were just lazy in not accomodating it. I understand I could emulate, but I'm too lazy for that and I honestly don't care about the "wahhhh dont give monies theyre gonna do it again" they'll do it again regardless, it's a multibillion-dollar company, I just wanna play Mario on the toilet.

My final opinion is: I better get a ****ing 3D Zelda collection next year. :191: I'll be pissed if OoT doesn't have Master Quest.

D

Deleted member

I'm getting paid soon which is gonna be fun. Feels like I just had some serious deju vu though but that makes no sense.......

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

I wanna eat that ****ing pancake sandwich.

D

Deleted member

new ojama stuff lmao Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth
https://www.reddit.com/r/yugioh/comments/j6pj7u Don't recall this ojama being on Country though... will we ever get the fabled Ojama Lime?
You mean expand, not explode.

The sun isn't massive enough to create a supernova.
Actually, no. It will explode. I don't know off the top of my head the exact details(only just started our sun section on space science) but essentially the sun produces energy via nuclear fusion, which of course is a very volatile energy source. Eventually when it runs out of gas the other components have nowhere to go.. so... bada bing bada boom, there goes the sun. Might be a bit wrong but that's the gist iirc.

D

Deleted member

Actually, no. It will explode. I don't know off the top of my head the exact details(only just started our sun section on space science) but essentially the sun produces energy via nuclear fusion, which of course is a very volatile energy source. Eventually when it runs out of gas the other components have nowhere to go.. so... bada bing bada boom, there goes the sun. Might be a bit wrong but that's the gist iirc.
No!

The sun will expand once it runs out of hydrogen to fuse in its core. It will not explode.

When it enters its final phase, it sheds its layer as a planetary nebula. That is different from exploding.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ojama Pink is a weird lockdown effect which only seems useful in a deck that uses a lockdown gimmick. Not a really good Ojama card though, I'm better off using Twin Twisters or ABC Buster if I really wanna use discard bait.

D

Deleted member

In tens of thousands of years into the future, humans will either be extinct, or completely different.

What if an archaeologist in the future discovered our time?

What do you think they would think about us?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
In tens of thousands of years into the future, humans will either be extinct, or completely different.

"What is the floss and how the heck did it become a dance move in the first place? What is this society?"

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

"There was this ancient tribe of humans that worshipped some purple dragon they refer to as a 'Cunning God of Death', king of crocodiles and some bear and bird chimera?...interesting"

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Whatever they wanted to further their own political/religious agendas.

Also, we’ve already been around for about 10,000 years.You ever

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So after buying it myself, I think the 3D All-Stars collection is definitely a terrible collection pack, but they're good Mario games so I don't really care, not even for the $60 price tag instead of a usual $40 for collections, because getting all three individually would've been more expensive either way. Perhaps COVID got Nintendo ****ed up so they couldn't pretty it up, or maybe they knew what they were doing with scummy business practices and limited release times. The ports aren't perfect and I know of the jank within each game, and I knew it from the start since each Nintendo console, either in control scheme or in dated technology, was going to be radically different to today's time. They were just lazy in not accomodating it. I understand I could emulate, but I'm too lazy for that and I honestly don't care about the "wahhhh dont give monies theyre gonna do it again" they'll do it again regardless, it's a multibillion-dollar company, I just wanna play Mario on the toilet.

My final opinion is: I better get a ****ing 3D Zelda collection next year. :191: I'll be pissed if OoT doesn't have Master Quest.
I just want Wind Waker HD ported to the Switch...and then make a 3D Collection consist of OoT, MM, and SS....and make a Four Swords port cause why not...

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

"The ancient country of Uessaay had many gods, chief among them the god of death. Resembling a skeleton with an eye that burns blue, he roams the land to give people a terrible time. His name? Sahns Undertal"

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Also just saying fellahs and fellettes that rango is one of the coolest underrated animated movies around
And you should watch it posthence
Also megamind
That one too
Please carry on having a wonderful day!

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
From the bottom, I recognise Mega Man, Arthur, Amaterasu, Chris, Akira, Date Masamune, Phoenix Wright, Ryu, Frank West, Dante, who I assume is a Dragon's Dogma character, Morrigan and Rathalos. The only one I don't recognise or can't remember is the guy between Dante and Frank.
I think the guy is from this game which I have no idea what it is:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just finished cleaning my weekly cleaning.

Depending how I feel, I might take it easy or eventually do something with my dogs.

D

Deleted member

So I just bought the basic stuff I need to turn my Cocytus deck into Nightrose.. might get some stuff like Skull Dragon later but I didn't want to spend any more than $40 for right now.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom