• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luig

Confused
Looking back on the Grinch leak is genuinely just crazy, you know? Like, I've never seen a leak with such a massive following before, and never have i seen such disappointment and finger pointing once it was shown to be false, lmao. The ultimate main thread was absolutely crazy during that whole season.

D

Deleted member

Looking back on the Grinch leak is genuinely just crazy, you know? Like, I've never seen a leak with such a massive following before, and never have i seen such disappointment and finger pointing once it was shown to be false, lmao. The ultimate main thread was absolutely crazy during that whole season.
Yes, in a bad way.

The Grinch Leak was such a dumb leak.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Did you get that from Z25 or reading his posts about it? Or are you just being belligerent. Granted, I may have earned a bit of that, but still.
I watched the Papagenos video he posted yesterday, then I swung by the Newcomer Speculation thread to see other opinions. Couldn't find a single credible source backing that character in Smash.

For the record, I think Crash would be an excellent newcomer and wouldn't be horrinly shocked if he got in. I just don't think we should believe this rumor in particular.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Crash in Smash. That's uh... not really surprising tbh. Though that would make it our 3rd non Japanese company character, and the only one that isn't owned by Microsoft.

I'd be down though.
it would be pretty nice though to have more western reps in.
And who are these "trusted sources" exactly?
talked about it earlier, but it comes from Admins on Papa Genos discord who have sources that are saying it’s a real thing. While yes that doesn’t fully confirm it, but Papa Genos has had multiple people in his serversprovide him or admins real info before. Such as a lot of mii costumes we got new, Banjo’s inclusion,VrPlant and probably more I don’t remember. So if they say they have merits to believe their sources then it’s got a decent shot imo.
Gives me big Incenroar vibes where every insider knew he was in but refused to comment on why and barely talked about it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's beyond fake as **** unless you're an expert at moving goalposts.
I did see people trying to say that because Microsoft owns Bethseda, this leak could be true since Microsoft is on board and we could get Doom Slayer, which would require Nintendo to have future vision because this was a 2019 "leak", but I digress.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So this rumor

It's fake as **** right?

It's almost been a full year, and we have no sign of these costumes.
If next character isn’t bringing these costumes then probably. Keep in Mind verge knew about Minecraft two years in advance and Hero 9 months in advance. So it’s quite possible costumes are made just as early as agreements but I’d wager that’s unlikely.

Also side note, the current leak being discussed may be hush hush but if it’s real that would honestly make a lot of sense. Much like how Insiders knew characters previously but have reverted to dropping cryptic hints. My bet being that there is likely a smash leak crackdown going on behind the scenes right now.

D

Deleted member

I knew the Cacodemon leak was fake from the start. It felt too "memey" and it could easily be modded in.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

talked about it earlier, but it comes from Admins on Papa Genos discord who have sources that are saying it’s a real thing. While yes that doesn’t fully confirm it, but Papa Genos has had multiple people in his serversprovide him or admins real info before. Such as a lot of mii costumes we got new, Banjo’s inclusion,VrPlant and probably more I don’t remember. So if they say they have merits to believe their sources then it’s got a decent shot imo.
Gives me big Incenroar vibes where every insider knew he was in but refused to comment on why and barely talked about it.
Having people sometimes provide you real info doesn't make you credible, especially when you cover the fake stuff as well.

Not to mention PapaGenos didn't seem 100% confident in this either. Not that his confidence is an accurate barameter when he backed the Grinch.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Went back to my parent's house the other day and they surprised me with multiple large boxes full of old systems & games. Turns out my Uncle is moving up to the UP and didn't want to carry several extra boxes.

Atari 7800 (CIB)
NES x 2
SNES (in great condition, no yellowing)
Sega Saturn (CIB)
Dreamcast
Xbox 360

And lots and lots of accessories. There were some games but most I'll probably sell aside from some gems like Resident Evil 3 & Parasite Eve for the PS1. I have yet to test anything but I've definitely wanted to start getting into the Saturn/Dreamcast/360 collecting and checking out their libraries. Anything that we don't keep will be sold and be given to charity in honor of my late cousin as a thank you at the very least.

Funny thing is this isn't even the Uncle I have that has the really good stuff. I've found random boxes of sealed games just lying around his house he refuses to do anything with. Opened up a box once and found 30 sealed SNES games inside like Mario/Zelda/Metroid/Mega Man X and another box with 25 sealed Saturn games like Shining Force/Rayman. Once he came to me to show off random issues of EGM he's been hoarding since the 80s.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If next character isn’t bringing these costumes then probably. Keep in Mind verge knew about Minecraft two years in advance and Hero 9 months in advance. So it’s quite possible costumes are made just as early as agreements but I’d wager that’s unlikely.

Also side note, the current leak being discussed may be hush hush but if it’s real that would honestly make a lot of sense. Much like how Insiders knew characters previously but have reverted to dropping cryptic hints. My bet being that there is likely a smash leak crackdown going on behind the scenes right now.
While this is true, keep in mind that Hero was a Fighters Pass 1 character, which had its roster decided shortly after the base game was finalized, and Minecraft in Smash talks happened since 2015, which would make since if Verge caught wind of it.

Edit: Also, there's no reason to code costumes a whole 2 years in advance, considering that you do the easy things last.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I did see people trying to say that because Microsoft owns Bethseda, this leak could be true since Microsoft is on board and we could get Doom Slayer, which would require Nintendo to have future vision because this was a 2019 "leak", but I digress.
That theory was more so that if Microsoft had content this pass they could throw this costume in if real after they got the rights. But it doesn’t make sense for them to hold stuff off in the opposite direction.
Having people sometimes provide you real info doesn't make you credible, especially when you cover the fake stuff as well.

Not to mention PapaGenos didn't seem 100% confident in this either. Not that his confidence is an accurate barameter when he backed the Grinch.
he didn’t get the info directly, it’s being sent by the same sources his admins have which is where he occasionally reports on things.

It could still be wrong of course, but I find that it comes from previous sources to still be worth noting

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That theory was more so that if Microsoft had content this pass they could throw this costume in if real after they got the rights. But it doesn’t make sense for them to hold stuff off in the opposite direction.

he didn’t get the info directly, it’s being sent by the same sources his admins have which is where he occasionally reports on things.

It could still be wrong of course, but I find that it comes from previous sources to still be worth noting
It doesn't make sense in terms of getting the rights and coding either lol.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So this rumor

It's fake as **** right?

It's almost been a full year, and we have no sign of these costumes.
Yep.

If the leak had been Cacovergil or Cacomeltan or something, it would've been completely dismissed by the time Byleth was revealed. But the fact that it helps Geno keeps it alive.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

Literally every Insider knew it was Incineroar, except Verge tbh. Verge was pretty much playing catch up with all the big boys the entire time. As someone who actually 'knew', I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Incineroar was just as known as any character was.

Reactions: Z25

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Yeah, no, gonna take that leak with a:

View attachment 288635

I want Crash probably as badly as anyone on this damn site, but I'm also INCREDIBLY sus of this "Oh, we saw it.... but we can't actually show you anything" leak.
Remember when leakers, even the fake ones, tried to stand by their statements and make hard calls? This "wink wink nudge nudge" nonsense is getting old real fast, lol.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Yep.

If the leak had been Cacovergil or Cacomeltan, it would've been completely dismissed by the time Byleth was revealed. But the fact that it helps Geno keeps it alive.
That's the funny part.
It doesn't inherently help Geno. It's entirely possible that, if these costumes were real, Geno could also be a costume.

But it's easier to jump to the desired conclusion with little thought or reason.

And yet the Geno Thread is still holding onto it.
That's what I mean by "experts at moving goalposts"

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
He said that she said that someone credible said Bugsby is in Smash =/= Someone credible saying Bugsby is in Smash.

There's too much ambiguity here for anyone to have justifiable confidence in it, and now we've already got people in this thread treating it like its real. This is why these rumors drive me insane. Some people just love to throw all skeptisism out the window when its a rumor they want to believe.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Literally every Insider knew it was Incineroar, except Verge tbh. Verge was pretty much playing catch up with all the big boys the entire time. As someone who actually 'knew', I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Incineroar was just as known as any character was.
That’s the point though, they all were “predicting” him but I don’t recall them ever saying it was a full leak.

D

Deleted member

So I finally got around to organizing all my damn basic lands into the proper categories based on the mana they produce lol
unnamed (6) (1).jpg

Shroob

Sup?
That’s the point though, they all were “predicting” him but I don’t recall them ever saying it was a full leak.
I mean, what do you want insiders to say, come out and say "Okay mates, this is what's in the game, peace"? Because that's how you get eyes on you that you don't want.

Verg's the perfect scapegoat in that regard, he's gotten way, WAY more **** wrong in his life than he's gotten right, meaning that he's the perfect guy to drip feed info to, but not enough to make it seem suspicious.

Look at how he had no ****ing idea about K.Rool and had to ask LOZ18 of all people about him, and didn't know any Echoes aside from Ken, Verg was literally getting tablescraps while everyone else kept that **** close to their chest, they literally had to.

D

Deleted member

It wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo is doing something behind the scenes and cracking down on leakers. Age of Calamity didn't leak, that one Mario Kart thing didn't leak, and we still know basically nothing about that Pokemon DLC, let alone anything regarding Smash aside from what Nintendo told us(although a few did know beforehand)

Like.. for most people working at Nintendo and co, they likely already know a bunch of stuff that falls under whatever NDA they signed. But would they really risk their entire job just over internet cred? A few do but most don't.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I mean, what do you want insiders to say, come out and say "Okay mates, this is what's in the game, peace"? Because that's how you get eyes on you that you don't want.

Verg's the perfect scapegoat in that regard, he's gotten way, WAY more **** wrong in his life than he's gotten right, meaning that he's the perfect guy to drip feed info to, but not enough to make it seem suspicious.

Look at how he had no *ing idea about K.Rool and had to ask LOZ18 of all people about him, and didn't know any Echoes aside from Ken, Verg was literally getting tablescraps while everyone else kept that * close to their chest, they literally had to.
With how much Nintendo and Sakurai both hate leaks when it comes to Smash, I can imagine those who knew were acting the way they did precisely because they wanted to keep their jobs and not get in serious legal trouble.

Honestly, it explains why prominent people in the insider scene were against Grinch as soon as it came out. Even Gamexplain took a firm stance against it, which surprised me at the time. I imagine it was probably because Jon was still there at the time and knew.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
He said that she said that someone credible said Bugsby is in Smash =/= Someone credible saying Bugsby is in Smash.

There's too much ambiguity here for anyone to have justifiable confidence in it, and now we've already got people in this thread treating it like its real. This is why these rumors drive me insane. Some people just love to throw all skeptisism out the window when its a rumor they want to believe.
It’s not like five different parties reporting on it though.

It’s one source, the Admins. Again could be wrong but they been right before and been wrong before. It’s 50/50.

Aso several sites reported the original information as well. Just not with as much detail. For example here:

And there Are several other sites where you can find reports on the original details. This shows the document likely existed. Recent reports are saying they’ve seen the full thing and that’s what fueled the new rumors.

Again by no means is it full confirmed but I don’t think it’s something to not entertain a little

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom