• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

View attachment 309741
So Namco Bandai put up this new logo up on their Japanese Digimon website.

Instead of celebrating the original Digimon anime they are apparently setting up some kind of anniversary for the superior Digimon anime, DigimonTamers

I guess this is like the Digimon equivalent to Hoenn confirmed?
OH MY GOD
Digimon Tamers is easily one of my favorites outta the bunch so I’m estactic if that is what this is

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
OH MY GOD
Digimon Tamers is easily one of my favorites outta the bunch so I’m estactic if that is what this is
For now it's just merch, but the last couple times they had logos celebrating the past Digimon anniversaries said logos were tied to the upcoming anime projects they have planned.

So there's a posibility that Takato and Guilmon are going on some kind of new adventure.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
man this has been a ****ty build overall this year

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Here’s a joke: What do you call a tree’s opinion on liking FFVI?
A: A poplar opinion.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I was under the assumption Ability Patches could swap the HA into a NA as well.

****. So Azumarill is stuck with Sap Sipper.

Oh well. I'll use that patch on someone else then.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
2:30 am and can't sleep which is fun. Ain't lack of protein or anything food wise but body just can't sleep. So I'm gonna do some story work or something for a bit. Do some character research since I can't be bothered using the PS4 (thanks hard drive failure).

Did have a jab playing MLB The Show which was fun but then I was like Mario Kart time.

In other news rioting is occurring in a part of my hometown where I was just a few days ago over Brexit. Honestly I'm surprised it hasn't happened already considering how this is the same place that rioted for months over a flag got taken off a building. So that's cool I guess.

Stay cool Ireland.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So if this Vinny **** is false, then that's yet another step back for actual SA victims which is bad bevause then nobody would believe an actual accusation, and if it's true...

Yeah, it's gonna be a total ****show
The moral of the story is

Only consume entertainment created by algorithms. Can't trust no one other than Skyn---I mean, the algo.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So if this Vinny **** is false, then that's yet another step back for actual SA victims which is bad bevause then nobody would believe an actual accusation, and if it's true...

Yeah, it's gonna be a total ****show
That’s why fake accusations piss me off.

This terrible **** happens to millions of women, many of which are forced into silence by external factors or their own fear. It takes a lot of guts to come out about it, especially for someone with a following.

Why lie about something like that? To cause some Twitter drama? To ruin a career? All you’re doing is making people happy to ignore real accusations. I can’t stand people some times...

Assuming it’s fake, of course. Which it very well may not be.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
That’s why fake accusations piss me off.

This terrible **** happens to millions of women, many of which are forced into silence my external factors or their own fear. It takes a lot of guts to come out about it, especially for someone with a following.

Why lie about something like that? To cause some Twitter drama? To ruin a career? All you’re doing is making people happy to ignore real accusations. I can’t stand people some times...

Assuming it’s fake, of course. Which it very well may not be.
Sadly MOST accusations tend to end up being false, but people end up believing it because Social media told them to.
People arevery easily swayed.

I speak as someone who was "Cancelled" before cancel culture really took off. It hurts man.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The moral of the story is

Only consume entertainment created by algorithms. Can't trust no one other than Skyn---I mean, the algo.
I sure do love consuming [product] with my [appendage]. Just like all my fellow humans.

I have not been compromised.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Might do a randomized Pokemom FireRed run.
Honestly I could never do a randomizer of an RPG, I wouldn't stand a chance, haha. Props to folks like you who can though. The only game I may try randomized is Hollow Knight. It's my favorite game of all time, and I know a lot of it's ins and outs, so I might get somewhat far.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yo, randomizers are sick. They're like the only fan thing Nintendo won't touch...Mostly because they can't, lol.

I'm still waiting for devs to pick up on their popularity and just make it an actual feature in a game.
Something tells me TPC has a hand in copyright too, because Showdown is still up after all these years, and we all know how much bank Pokemon makes with their competitive

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Honestly I could never do a randomizer of an RPG, I wouldn't stand a chance, haha. Props to folks like you who can though. The only game I may try randomized is Hollow Knight. It's my favorite game of all time, and I know a lot of it's ins and outs, so I might get somewhat far.
A good randomized game is Doom. It's all randomized!

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Something tells me TPC has a hand in copyright too, because Showdown is still up after all these years, and we all know how much bank Pokemon makes with their competitive
Legit blows my mind they still haven't gone after Smogon.

Nintendo and TPC are weird, man. Some things you'd think they'd feel threatened by they leave completely alone (randomizers, Mario 64 PC port, Showdown, 2D Mario ROM Hacks, Pokemon Hacks, etc...), but nah they leave 'em be. It seems like fan games and Mario 64 hacks are what trigger them the most.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Legit blows my mind they still haven't gone after Smogon.

Nintendo and TPC are weird, man. Some things you'd think they'd feel threatened by they leave completely alone (randomizers, Mario 64 PC port, Showdown, 2D Mario ROM Hacks, Pokemon Hacks, etc...), but nah they leave 'em be. It seems like fan games and Mario 64 hacks are what trigger them the most.
Its so crazy that there's like a milliom SMW hacks and fangames, but one Mario 64 hack, and they go ape****

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I don't know how feasible it would be, but I'd love a randomizer for Mario or something that swaps the enemies. All the goombas are cheep cheeps, and every dry bones is a boom boom.

I've seen things kinda similar to this, but not exactly.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Its so crazy that there's like a milliom SMW hacks and fangames, but one Mario 64 hack, and they go ape****
2D Mario scene legit gets to make actual sequels to NSMB, but Mario 64 hackers do even the littlest thing and off to the shadow realm with them. Heck, Games Done Quick puts the 2D Mario hacking community up on proud display and Nintendo doesn't lift a finger against either of them.

Smash mods seem to get targeted if they get too much attention or if official venues try to feature them.

Mario 64 PC Port probably only exists because by all accounts, there isn't really anything Nintendo can legally do about it. It's a reverse engineered dump of a game's source code, and because of that, it technically counts as the creator's own unique code that Nintendo can't touch. All it does is decompile and build, nothing about that infringes upon Nintendo's copyright. It exists in the same realm as emulators do, where you can bet Nintendo hates them with the power of a thousand suns, but legally can't do squat 'cause their copyright isn't being abused from the base functionality of the code.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
out of all the fears I have...it had to be the one caused by Spongebob of all shows

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
To be fair this whole talk about copyright reminded me of a story idea I had sometime back shortly before joining the forums.

It was set in a very dystopian future where everything was copyrighted to even basic words. Everyone was designated a number and a letter as their name and all lived in monochrome buildings a bit like Nier Automata. It was cool but didn't think about it too much.

2D Mario scene legit gets to make actual sequels to NSMB, but Mario 64 hackers do even the littlest thing and off to the shadow realm with them. Heck, Games Done Quick puts the 2D Mario hacking community up on proud display and Nintendo doesn't lift a finger against either of them.

Smash mods seem to get targeted if they get too much attention or if official venues try to feature them.

Mario 64 PC Port probably only exists because by all accounts, there isn't really anything Nintendo can legally do about it. It's a reverse engineered dump of a game's source code, and because of that, it technically counts as the creator's own unique code that Nintendo can't touch. All it does is decompile and build, nothing about that infringes upon Nintendo's copyright. It exists in the same realm as emulators do, where you can bet Nintendo hates them with the power of a thousand suns, but legally can't do squat 'cause their copyright isn't being abused from the base functionality of the code.
Pretty much in a nutshell. It's all a grey area but it's so dangerous to tinker with.

That reminds me...Surprised Super Smash Flash never got taken down. It was a big Smash fangame in the eye for 10 years and was pretty notable but nope from Nintendo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom